Guest viewing is limited

THR THR - 2 years I think

Four months was my big turnaround...up until then it was a practice in patience and baby steps.
You are doing just fine!
 
Last edited:
Checking on some peeps.
Wondering how you're doing, Ursula? I hope your recovery is moving along well.
Make it out to your garden spot yet?
Hope you're enjoying the day :flwrysmile:
@Ursula72
 
Hello Layla and Mojo333, hello, thanks for checking in with me. I hope you’re both ok. Thanks Mojo for telling me it took till 4 months till your big turn around. I’ve been going to the hospital to see my friend, and as I have to have a hospital wheelchair,(pushed by my son)...it’s a long long way to the ward, and with sitting for 2 hours it’s agony. I do get up and walk around a bit while we’re there. I have pain in the top of my hips, I think it’s called the Illium. I’m getting educated aren’t I.
 
Hi Ursula, nice to hear from you. I'm doing well, thank you.
Sorry you're still making those trips to the hospital to see Tony. He must not be improving to rapidly.

Wondering how much exercise you're getting throughout the day in walking?
Are you able to get outside for regular walks, like at least 30 mins of walking? Aim for less and build up if you haven't been out walking. It may help increase your mobility. Something to consider.
Wishing you a great week!
@Ursula72
 
More than we ever wanted to know about hip anatomy, right?
Wish I would have paid more attention in school.
Hope you are seeing some improvement...too much sitting is aggravating to new hips too.
Had a few long visits to hospital during my recovery also...as my dad had some major health issues.
Hard hospital floors not good for standing about...sitting for long periods, same.
Keep up the icing and elevation.
Short frequent walks and stretching should help.
You'll get there!
Wishing you a wonderful week!
 
Hi Ursula.....hope Tony is improving. I sympathise about the 2 hrs sitting....I've been doing some 2hr car trips every week and my bum protests painfully.....think the car seats cause a sciatic pain by pressure on the nerve, so I'm going to experiment with different cushions. Maybe you could try taking a cushion with you to see if that helps....those hospital chairs are not very comfortable! Hope Ursula is treating you well otherwise....:yay:
 
Hello, Tony seems to go from bad to worse he’s had another fall at hospital. Some kind nurses wash him and shave him as well.hes lost his dentures and 2 pairs of new trousers, and I think his shoes are missing, is it wasn’t so really sad it would be funny, perhaps there’s some kind of black hole that things disappear into in there.My son still goes to see him, and one of Tony’s neighbours got in touch with me and started to go to see Tony now to help my son out. I’m walking about frequentlyin my house and in my back yard as well. Getting on ok except for a pulling stinging pain in my hip...perhaps it’s the muscle that’s weak and was cut during the op.....no posh Latin terms today ...like Illium, I only found that word out on a diagram. Enjoy your day Layla, Mojo333 and anny xxx
 
Sadly I think personal belongings disappearing in hospitals and nursing homes is nothing new.
It takes a special kind of creep to steal from the infirmed.

Ursula, wondering if you'd like me to tag Josephine for you so she can advise on your pain?
Let us know and we will tag her for you, if interested.
Hope you have a great day!
@Ursula72
 
So sorry about your friend Tony.
So sad to see lived ones so infirmed.
Your stinging...There might be some scar tissue pulling in there?

When do you go for recheck?
Hope you have a good day!
 
Hello Mojo 333
I go for my recheck in January. I’ve just had one recently before all this pain started. My left hip is now beginning to get more painful, if I didn’t have depression before I do now.
Also hello Layla.... my friend Tony is on another ward now....I’ve been thinking maybe that’s how his shoes and trousers have gone missing. And as for his top false teeth....he’s been wrapping them in tissue and putting them on his table for some reason, and I bet he’s forgotten and thrown them away. It’s the debenture. When I went to see him Sunday he told me he was getting married. Since I last wrote to you he’s had yet another fall, he wanders around the ward at night. xx
 
Aww, Ursula, I'm sorry your other hip is bothering you now.
I'm assuming it's arthritic also. If you need it done, I'd think the sooner the better. I wonder if leaving it
will hinder the recovery of your right hip since you're only 3 months post op.

Poor Tony, too bad they can't find a way to confine him to his room at night. He could accidentally hurt himself. Sad story for sure.

Thanks for updating, it's always nice to hear from you. Take care and don't be a stranger here. :)
@Ursula72
 
I won’t be a stranger from this forum Layla...yes my other hip is arthritic, the poor thing has been taking all the weight and work looking after my right operated hip. I’ve found on this forum in other postings how many other people have to a second hip done. My doctor at the beginning saw how bad my right hip was when she first saw my first X-ray did tell me it wasn’t too good. xx
 
Oh...as for Tony he’s on a main ward so he’s free to roam. If the hospital discharges him he will be alone in his big house all night until the next careers start their half an hour visit. The carers(if he leaves hospital with a Care package)have 4 visits per day lasting half an hour each visit...therefore he would be alone for 12 hours thru the night. Not a very good idea by the hospital especially as he cannot wash of bathe or dress himself.
 
So sorry that Tony is not improving Ursula.....I hope that social services and the medical people can come up with a solution that will ensure his safety and his happiness.....worrying for you too :sad: hope that hip pain goes away too....even after nearly 6 mths I sometimes get a new twinge that hangs around for a while, then, just as mysteriously disappears. I have a theory that if the other hip is starting to whinge, it might be putting pressure on the op hip, just getting its own back! Times like this I start counting up the no of joints that might need replacing :bawl::heehee:
 
Hope today is a good day, Ursula.
Sorry for your worries about your friend and I hate that your other hip is acting up. It does seem that we see many here who have to go ahead and get that other arthritic hip done...
Hugs, Ursula.
 
Operated hip feeling a lot better these past few days. I’m slowly leaving my walking frame off and walking around the house on my own a lot more, I’m not pushing myself though. It’s funny, you feel up for a couple of days and then down for a few days....it’s like playing Snakes and ladders, you get right up that achievement ladder and then down that snake fora while.... but I think each day gets a bit better. An old friend came to see me on Friday, she was on crutches, her husband brought her in the car....she fell and broke her kneecap 4 days before I had my THR operation. She is still in recovery and gets pain, but she aims to get better every day. Seeing her in person encouraged me so much, as does this forum. Everyone have a good last bit of the weekend
 
As for my left hip....yes poor thing it’s been doing so much to help it’s twin...maybe my left hip wants a brand new shiny replacement hip,maybe my left hip feels overworked and a little jealous.
 
:hi:
Sorry your left hip is bothering you, Ursula.
I'm happy to hear you're walking more on your own. That's progress. :yay:
Keep up the good work. I hope you have a great week!
@Ursula72
 
It’s funny, you feel up for a couple of days and then down for a few days....it’s like playing Snakes and ladders, you get right up that achievement ladder and then down that snake fora while.... but I think each day gets a bit better.

Great analogy @Ursula72
It's definitely an ebb and flow dance...
That's why I like this recovery chart
[Bonesmart.org] THR - 2 years I think
 
Back
Top Bottom