THR THR - 2 years I think

:friends:So glad to hear you are doing well!
Makes me smile that things are easing up for you and you can rest easier with Tony in a good place.
Wishing you a great Sunday!:ok:
 
Hello fellow Hippies....due to my relieved almost pain free hip....I did something incredibly stupid today...my 72 year old mind forgot the 90 degree rule....I dropped my cushion on pavement (sidewalk) it was raining and messy and my cushion fell in a black yucky puddle...so I forgot and bent down all the way and picked it up...then I thought “Dear Lord what have I done !)...now it’s 9.30 at night and my hip hurts. What damage do you think I’ve done? I think I know if I had dislocated it as I wouldn’t have been able to walk, it’s just the muscles under the scar.....poor Marlene. xx
 
I think you are fine...just overstretched something that hasn't stretched as you've been so diligent about the rule.
Those muscles CAN really hurt when they haven't been used in a while.
Don't panic...ice it up..and treat gingerly tonight.:console2:
 
Last edited:
Ice like it's your job :ice:
I bet you'll feel better soon.:yes:
Keep us updated, we care. :console2:
Love and hugs!
@Ursula72
 
Thanks Mojo333 and Layla, after a good nights rest and icing the hip feels better, but if I walk too mush I know it’s time to rest and ice. I won’t do that bending down anymore! xxx
 
Hi :wave:
Wondering how you've been over the past two weeks?
I hope the discomfort you were dealing has eased completely.
Leave us an update next time you stop by. We'd love to hear how you're doing.
I hope you have a nice weekend!
@Ursula72
 
lovely to hear good news about Tony, Ursula.....I remember reading a report that the happiness of parents depends on the happiness level of their least happy child and I reckon for 'child' you can also substitute 'friend'. Marlene seems to be doing the meandering path of recovery....we're all so impatient aren't we , but I'm sure we're going to get there in the end :thumb: take care, from a very wet and windy Kapiti
 
:wave:I want to add my good mojo to your group of concerned well wishers.
Pop in when possible and let us know how Marlene is behaving and when you expect Darlene might come on board.

Hope all is well :roseshwr:
 
Hello Everyone...I’m a very naughty person not writing on the forum for ages.
Marlene is doing fine and I can walk ok without the frame now which is a blessing. Today my left hip hurts simply because I did a stupid thing of shutting a lower draw shut with my foot ( bending down was an option, I opened the drawer with my trusty grabber....I don’t know what we would do without these handy gadgets. My son is taking me up to see Tony at the home. Poor Tony had 2 falls yesterday, the carter at the home said Tony is ok they’ve checked him all over, they think he’s got another water infection because he is very confused. He won’t use the walker they’ve given him. We are moving into Winter here in Britain. I’m already wrapping Christmas gifts. Have a good weekend guys xxx
 
:wave:friend.
Good to here Marlene is behaving.

Poor Tony..it is so hard to see our friends struggling.
Do be careful and take care of yourself.
Bet you will have a blessed Christmas! Hugs:roseshwr:
 
Already wrapping Christmas gifts! Wow, you're ambitious. I haven't started shopping yet and probably won't for while. Happy to hear you're feeling more secure in walking and no longer need the walker.

Poor Tony, I hope he was okay when you saw him.
Winter is coming, bundle up and stay warm.
I hope you have a great weekend!
@Ursula72
 
Hello it's Ursula....the one you don't hear from for ages. I hope all my fellow Hippies are healing and going from strength to strength.
My hip, Marlene, is getting to feel more normal, I walk now without a Walker, but sometimes need my cane. My left hip seems a bit better...we shall see. My shoulders are getting more and more painfully, specially the right one, maybe my left shoulder is a tiny bit better, but, they both creak and crack,and crunch, and it's affecting my sleep now and life in general. I'm seeing the doctor on Monday to ask him if he can book me in at the hospital for Xrays. If I need an operation I won't be afraid(well I will a bit) anything to take this constant pain away.....anyway, I've had a total hip replacement ! Bring on a shoulder operation......it's just the recovery bit...
I've been lurking in the shoulder forum.
 
I've been lurking in the shoulder forum.
Good! I hope you will stick with us through any shoulder procedures you have. Our members will benefit from your experience. And both Jamie and Josephine have experience in this area as well. We've got you covered!
 
Happy to hear from you, Ursula! I'm glad Marlene is doing well. Tony too :heehee:
I'm sorry to read about your shoulder issues. You'll have to let us know what the doctor says on Monday.
Until then, wishing you comfort and a peaceful week as we embark on this crazy, busy holiday season :chris-win:
Take Care :friends:
@Ursula72
 
Thankyou Jaycee and Layla for replying to me. I will tell you what happened at the doctors. I’m booked in to see Dr. Singh and I hope he does refer me for an XRay because up to now after 3 years of increasing pain none of them have referred me. If I get nowhere on NHS, I’m prepared to pay private I’m that desperate. We shall see.:what:
 
Hi @Ursula72
I sure was happy to see you come by and let us know your hip is well.
I hope you have a super sweet holiday :dancing:
 
Hullo Ursula and Marlene....hope you are coping with the English winter now, and the colder weather isn't making your shoulder any more painful. I work with a lady who has been complaining about her shoulder for years but won't even think about getting it done, even tho when I bullied her into getting her knees replaced she has been skipping round like a spring lamb and wonders why she waited so long! I shall print out your posts for her to read and to inspire her, as you are such a positive lady :yes!: Glad hear that Tony seems to be settled and happy, and hope that you all have a wonderful Christmas (send me some cold weather on Christmas Day please, I so miss the English weather, at least on that day!):kittychris:
 
Dear Anny and Mojo333,
Yes people put off operations for years and then think,"Oh enough of this", and get it done, and then they wish they had done it first time. If they braved up first time they can do it a second time as lots of folks have to have a second hip done after their first one. Suppose it's the same with having our children, all pregnancies and births are different.
I went to my doctor and he point blank refused to refer me for an Xray, all he gave me was a sheet of printed exercises, which I had been doing through physio a year earlier buy they only made the pain worse.
I then got an appointment to see my lovely Asian lady doctor who was leaving the practise the next day to have leave to look after her little son, she gave me an examination and said she was certain it's my neck she said she will get the Xray from hospital that I had done of my neck before I had my hip operation and then see what she can do before she leaves. She sent me for blood tests yesterday. There's no more she can do now. I told her I was so sorry to loose her and I told her she is a real good doctor, but family comes first specially when you have a little one. We hugged before I left the surgery.
I guess Ill have to go private now to get an Xray but I'm determined.
Yes it's cold in UK now but calm and sunny....Love from Ursula and Marlene xxx
 
@Ursula72 So sorry you are getting the run around from the NHS. Unfortunately we see a lot of this these days. Trying to save money in the wrong ways. Can you afford a private appointment with a consultant and then get on their NHS list? I did this for both hips.
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom