THR THR - 2 years I think

Oh Marlene and Ursula.
It is so depressing when you don't feel like loved ones can be safe in a place that is charged with looking after them.
You should register a complaint and next time even take pictures.
Every profession has its share of incompetent folk but it really should not be acceptable in health care.
That being said, patients can be confused and non-compliant...I know my father would fail to notify nurses when he wanted to get up and was dizzy unexpectedly often, so they put an alarm on him so they knew if he got up.
Poor Tony.
Hoped today is better Ursula.
 
Hi Ursula,
I'm sorry for your friend and the fact that it's upsetting to you because you hold him dear.
It feels irresponsible of Staff to allow your friend to make decisions that could endanger his health and well being. It sounds like that's what happened. Hopefully Tony is getting the care he needs and deserves at this time.

It's too bad your hip is acting up. Hopefully with some rest and ice you'll feel better soon.
I hope you can out out in your garden this week. I'll bet it would lift your spirits.
Hugs :flwrysmile:
@Ursula72
 
Hello Mojo333 and Layla thank you for your support. My son has been to see Tony today. He's in a private room now and is having antibiotics by a drip and also saline. My son went with Tony as they took Tony for a CT scan to see if he had suffered any harm through the fall . Tony is a bit brighter today, and knows what's going on. Tongs niece and my son are visiting sitting Tony now. Thank God he's a bit better and awake. Marlene feels a lot better now, she is grateful for the ice packs.
 
Thanks for the update. It's always nice to hear from you, @Ursula72
Great news on Tony and Marlene. Things are looking up all the way around.
Get lots of rest and ice, ice, ice :ice:
Hugs :friends:
 
:flwrysmile: back at you!
You deserve a bit of a break!:loveshwr:
 
Hope Tony AND Marlene are doing okay today!
Have a restful weekend...almost Marlene's two month birthday!:ok:
 
After having a wash I was sat down following 90 degree rule when I pointed my foot on my operated hip side and I had an awful stabbing pain in my operated hip and all down to my knee, now I’m in pain walking. Have I torn a healing muscle? Please help calm my fears, are my fears stupid? Because I’m in pain. Thanks guys ! xxxxxxx
 
Aww, Ursula, please try not to stress about this.
At just 3 days from your two month anniversary it's hard to imagine you caused any serious damage
by pointing your toes. Unless you're in excruciating pain, I'd stay off it as much as possible and ice the sore area as often as you can tolerate. Josephine always advises icing sessions should be no less than 40-60 minutes per time. Aim for 4 x daily and even more if you can tolerate it. Consider an OTC (over the counter) pain reliever while you're in pain. See how it goes tonight and throughout the overnight. I hope it eases soon for you.
Hugs :console2:
@Ursula72
 
Ursula, Hello , just checking in.
I’m sorry to read about your friend Tony but it appears he’s getting proper care..this is tough on you seeing your friend not up to par and you still in recovery.
We had our surgery days apart. I’m still getting pains all over the hip/ leg..certain areas hurt upon touch. My knee acts up now..I’m always worried that I did something wrong..my PT says I’m gun shy. I’m hesitant whenever he or OS pick up my leg to check ROM.
I‘Ve been told that if I did something wrong , it would be real clear. No doubt.
When I get a pain after I did something new, I give myself permission to lay low and ice.
My scar is healed and I was told by PT to massage the area. I get pain relief by using Vitamin E oil. I find it better than using lotion. I like the fact that I’m taking care of my hip, your Marlene , with tenderness.
I saw my OS a week ago. Every OS has different treatments and different advise..I’ll share what mine said..just keep walking.
I hope you have a better day..
Sending healing thoughts to you and your friend Tony
AR2
 
Hello Annie Rose2, I'm always late with my replies. Yeah I get pain too all over my hip (dear old Marlene.)....Oh hold on she's younger than me!!!.I think the pains I feel are my old muscles healing up. When I wash and dry my hip around the healed operation site I can feel it's still tender...I will have to try some Vit E oil as you do. I'm walking ok without my walker but need it now and then because of my balance problems. It's so good to be over the operation. My knees don't swell anymore nor my feet. My back gets real painful though.If it's not one pain it's another for us. But isn't it good to be 'll the other side....we are getting a bit better every day.
Have a good day xxx:good-bad:
 
Two months and I think you are doing splendidly. All that lying about and then walking differently can cause back aches...did for me.
It is going to keep getting here and better.
Hang in there friend.:roseshwr:
 
You are doing great!
At only two months post op you're going to have some discomfort now and again, usually fleeting.
I do recall the tenderness around the incision area for quite some time.
I'm sorry your back bothers you, thankfully swelling is no longer a problem.
Just keep at the pace you're going, it will slowly get better.
Hope you have a peaceful rest of the week!
@Ursula72
 
Ursula, it’s nice to hear from you. You sound upbeat and happy that this surgery is over. Positive attitude toward your recovery.:flwrysmile:
I hope that VitE oil helps .
My lower back acts up ,too.
It’s my gait. When I walk , I try to very be aware of how the foot hits the ground..I hear Layla’s advice. ..Heel first.
I Keep my chest open and shoulders down and back.and Relax. My husband commented , I sometimes look tense when walking....like I’m trying too hard..
I will shake that off and start over.
Happy healing ..
AR2
 
Hi Ursula, I am so sorry to hear about your friend's illness. It is so stressful to see a loved one struggle, especially if you are a caregiving type and want to help. He knows you are caring as best you can at this time.

I'm at 2 months post and still have a lot of tenderness around the wound area. I lost a lot of skin from the adhesives which has healed but is still tender too. The gentle massaging of the vitamin E oil has helped a lot! I think any pain I'm having at this point is muscular with the old muscle memory of limping and non-mobility is being reshaped. As long as I don't push too hard, it's sort of a good pain. I agree with @AnnieRose2- about walking mindfully with good posture, heel to toe, and focus on a good gait. I'm walking a mile or so at a time but find if I walk too fast or too long of a stride, my groin and quads feel it too much! So, it's a slow pace with small steps and very focused. AnnieRose, don't forget to breathe to help relax your walking posture!

I hope you, Tony, and your family have a healing day and I'm sending my best wishes to you for that!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear you and Tony have been thro the mill recently @Ursula72 ....so glad to read further down the page that you are both still hanging in there and improving, even if it is one step forward two steps back sometimes! Personally, I'm getting the hang of this replacement business, and am making a wish list for after hip no 2....Memory is top of the list, closely followed by Patience, and then, not wanting to be too greedy, I have Hair and Face like I had at 20 (will settle for one of the two, don't want to come over as vain!) :rotfl:

Hope you two are still doing well, and you have a lovely son who sounds so kind and supportive.....you must have been a wonderful mum!
 
Hello everyone who wrote to me I don’t know what I would do without your encouragement and kindness. I only just realised as I lay in bed last night that , yes I have pain but not that old really painful pain of the arthritis ( I’m slow to catch on), I thought, come on Ursula what about some gratitude....you’ve got a new hip you prune! Was the operation and the seemingly endless recovery ( I’m only 2 months in yet)worth it....YES, it’s worth it alright....and what makes it better is to know we are all in this together, all at different stages...and some of you guys are going to have second hip done, and some had 2 hips done together. Thankyou everyone. We will keep on keeping on. xxxxxxx
 
You reminded me of that saying "United we stand......." quite apt for BoneSmarties :yes!:
 
Yay for losing that horrid pain of OA! I agree with you on that.
I can get out of my car now like a normal person without manually lifting and lowering my leg.
Some days this still amazes me over one year post op. This surgery is a life changer for sure.
It's great you're recognizing the positive and noticing progress at two months out because it gets better.
Two months post op is very early recovery and full recovery can take up to a year, even longer sometimes.
You hang in there, Ursula, brighter days are on their way.
@Ursula72
 
Back
Top Bottom