THR THR - 2 years I think

Let us know how it goes for you, Ursula. I'm sorry you have to deal with all of this.
I hope you're able to have a peaceful holiday season and a happy, healthy, pain free New Year! :santa hug:
:merry christmas:
@Ursula72
 
it's such a shame that you have to jump thro hoops to get anywhere with health services.....stress on top of the original problem, not good. Unfortunately it's no different over here, nor, I imagine, anywhere else in the world....too many people, not enough money. Glad you managed to see your nice dr before she left.....as she got the ball rolling hopefully you can keep it going. I hate it when my favourite dr/dentist leaves......it's always less scary if you trust them, then you have to start all over again with a new one....we really don't like change!

Hope you and Marlene and Tony and your son have a wonderful Christmas, Ursula.......I'll have eaten my Christmas dinner (and tea) before you even get up! :reindeer:
 
Wishing you comfort and joy for the holidays @Ursula72
:kittychris:
Hopefully Darlene will be joining Marlene soon.:reindeer:
 
Hello Everyone....I hope you all had a blessed, joyful and great Christmas!
New to come soon...can’t belive how fast time has flown by. Soon be My RTHR 8 month anniversary....good old Marlene!
New year fast approaches and my action to get an XRay on my shoulders will continue. :doggie::banghead:
 
:hi: so happy to see you pop by.
Marlene will soon be 7 months old!
Glad she is doing well!

I hope you get answers regarding your shoulders very soon.
Best of the New Year to you and hope all keeps getting better!:angel:
 
Thanks for updating, Ursula.
I hope you had a great Christmas. With any luck you'll find relief from your shoulder pain
in 2019. Wishing you great health and much happiness in the coming year!
Stay in touch. :)
@Ursula72
 
Back at ya, sweet Ursula! :loveshwr: :friends:
Enjoy the rest of the day and have a lovely weekend!
@Ursula72
 
Hello everyone, it’s me, the one with the THR on the right hip...namely Marlene. I hope you are all ok and doing well, and your hips too!


Marlene my
right THR is getting painful,also my back ....and my left hip. The doctor still refuses to send me for Xrays. I know my left hip isn’t in good shape as Doctor Masoud told me . She has left the surgery now....she was one of those ‘good’ doctors, you know what I mean. But doctor Singh is a pain, quite few of his patients , have given him bad reviews on our surgery website.
There’s no way around this but to go to a private doctor and have him write to Dr. Singh urging him to refer me to see a surgeon at our hospital.
Fun and games.
Well, that all my moans for the day. Wherever you all are, I hope your hips are ok,and your weather is kind to you all. xxx
 
Oh my stars... @Ursula72 :umm:
I hate to hear you have yet to get followup X-rays.
Please don't assume that it is an implant problem though I totally understand why you are anxious.
The X-rays would certainly be reassuring.
Do you think the bad hip had you off kilter and making Marlene complain?
Do advocate for yourself and make it a priority.
You do so much for others...this has to also be on the list.
Praying that you get the referral soon!
 
Your post was a sad one to read, Ursula.
I'm sorry you're unable to get the attention you need and deserve.
I thought the same as Mojo when I read your post. I'll bet Marlene is taking on more for your ailing left hip, possibly overusing some muscles as you favor poor old Lefty. I hope you can get an appt with a private doctor soon so you're able to get the referral you need to get the ball rolling and lose the pain. Don't forget to try icing. Both your left hip and your right. It may bring you some relief. Definitely worth a try.
Wishing you comfort. :console2:
@Ursula72
 
Thankyou Mojo333 and Layla for your encouraging replies, what you both say makes sense to me....far better sense than my current doctor, many people say how arrogant he is,and just doesn’t listen to their needs and fears.:groan::nah:
 
Hi people, it’s me Ursula. I haven’t written for awhile for there’s been nothing to report till now.
I asked my Doctor to refer me for an XRay on my shoulders and he refused. So, I went to a private Doctor. He referred me, but I can’t have an XRay on our NHS here in England, so I will have to pay for an XRay at a private hospital. I had a steroid injection in my right shoulder to help with the pain until I get Xrayed.
I’ve been lurking around the shoulder forum on Bone Smart.
We are a very creaky lot aren’t we..
I hope you are all well.:froggies::catdance:
 
How frustrating for you! The NHS is in really bad shape right now re waiting lists etc. How is Marlene? Hermione is complaining after 2 hours of decluttering g today so I am currently icing and elevating . I was hoping to be a bit better than I am seven months out nearly but guess I have to be patient!
 
Aww, that's too bad, Ursula. I'm sorry to hear it. I know your shoulder has been bothering you, you've mentioned it before. I hope the steroid injection helps with the pain until you get a diagnosis and a plan in place to bring you permanent relief. Did you notice there is a "Shoulder" area here, just as there is for Hips and Knees?
https://bonesmart.org/forum/categories/shoulder-area.120/

How's Marlene doing? And how is Lefty holding up? I hope both are well enough.
It's nice to hear from you, stay in touch and have a great week! :SUNsmile:
@Ursula72
 
Good to hear from you, Ursula, hippy pal. I haven't been on the forums much but got an email alert of your post. I'm glad the hips are doing well and sorry to hear about the shoulder. We are a creaky lot! I had shoulder challenges pre-THR from sleeping on my un-natural side for so long. It's better now and the PT for my hip gave me a shoulder exercise during the home PT days. I've been doing it and now sleeping on my happy side and it's better although still lacking in mobility and ROM. I know I won't wait until it's really bad and limiting like I did for 4 years with the hip! I've de-mystified surgery now.

I hope you can get your diagnosis and some shoulder relief soon!
 
Hello everyone:good-bad: I had my shoulders Xrayed today, paid £300. There was a young man in there at reception getting booked in for an MRI costing £500, he had no health insurance.....that’s me eavesdropping. I think I know that in America you have to pay for medical treatment unless you have health insurance ? But us Brits have the NHS. Also Surrey girl...our NHS really is struggling...it’s sad really . Also I’m sorry Hermonie hurts after the declutter. I went for a walk to the pharmacy 2 days ago, and Marlene is really hurting, so much I’ve had to get my walker out and use that...it hurts real bad. I’m 9 months out from my op. Yes guys we are a creaky lot....bring on the Codeine and Tramadol. Have a good weekend...everyone:ice:chill
 
I feel for you! I am about to do some more decluttering but this time will get the ice out sooner rather than later. - and co-codamol on standby. How far was your walk to the pharmacy? Sorry to hear you were back on the walker - I still have my crutches on standby looking at me bayefully from the corner of the spare bedroom. A constant reminder of how far I have come and I don't want to screw it up…
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom