TKR This time I am doing it right and having a blast

Today I went dog hunting and found out I may have a tooth hurting. My stomach is hurting which now I can take care of now that I know this. I have been nerves so now I know whats up. I went out for lunch and didn't like the meal at all. Right then I should of know something was up but I had to wait till the night to relise my tooth was bothering me or my jaw. The medication that I take for my stomach messes up my Cancer med but that is the way it goes. First things first is getting on top of the pain. Now about the dogs. I saw two that were ok but they were quite young like barley over a year old. Still in the chewing age. I don't want to deal with that plus they were males which I like females. If a accidents happen a female is easier to clean up. If I had a yard that wouldn't be a problem but I don't so female it is. I will look at some other places next week after I get my tooth taken care of. There is always something that needs to be addressed but that is life. Everybody do take care we are having 100 degree weather so not doing much this weekend. All pets need to be inside in the weather also. Take care. Tashia
 
Tashia,
Glad you were able to start looking at dogs and have decided on a female dog. Older dogs are easier, usually house trained, and not chewing everything in sight. Good luck in your search finding the right dog for you!
Hope your tummy is feeling better and your medications are back on track. I had a Marionberry milk shake at Ikeda's in Forest Hill on 80 the other day as part of your knee anniversary celebration, it was delicious!
Stay cool today, it's going to be a hot one.
 
I found out whats bugging me. This is the month that my Husband died. This year would of been 45 years of marriage, if he was still alive. Even though its been quite a long time he died, the body still remembers. Now sometimes it bother me and other time it doesn't. I think that the fact I am feeling better, the more intouch I am getting with my feelings. Now that I know I will have my cry and say to myself that is the way it is. Now focus on the business at hand and that is sewing, and this hot weather we seem to be having. I don't like l00 degree weather, Never have. I did take my car from a run and it felt so good. This summer I hope to be able to get the ocean. Its been so long since I have been there. Everyone do take care with the heat and all the other weather problem that Mother Nature seems to be able to bring around us. Tashia
 
It is very hot today. So taking easy. I was going to go out but decided not to go out. I will maybe go out tomorrow is its better. I must admit I an not hungry when it this hot. I have all the fans on and the windows closed. The air isn't the best either. So been doing sewing and sleep in till late in the morning. I stayed up late doing some sewing. I found a real old pattern that I have been looking for in years and I started putting the pieces together and ended staying up till 4 in the morning. I think I have all the pieces cut but we will see. I will still have to get more batting because I know I don't have enough of the type you need. It has ove 230 blocks so its going to take me a while. It more like play than work. I think its really going to look cool. I will take a picture of when I get it done. It is going to take a while, though. When I am not doing that I am ding house work. I just realized I didn't take a nap today. Wow Whee. I also don't hurt. Yes, Yes, Yes, Well, everyone do take care and be careful with the weather. Tashia
 
Hi Tashia, I'm glad you're feeling better today. I understand how you feel about the heat, I don't like it either. We've been lucky, it's been very cool here for this time of year.
I'd love to see one of your quilts. My mom loved quilting, made all her kids and grandkids a quilt, plus all the ones she made for herself. She made a few simpler quilts that she donated for cancer patients. One was for a friend of ours, she was only 11 then but thankfully she's 20 now and healthy.
 
Morning Glory, Your Mother must be very special to give to people and help them in the one of the most diffucut times in their lives. Do you quilt? My Mother made our clothes when we were very young and I was always at the sewing machine with her right in front of the machine watching her every move. My daughter did the same so I taught her how to sew at the age of 8. She is now a wonderful sewing and makes the most beautiful clothes. It easy to do since you heard how she talks and seeing the quilts. We have a sewing room in Social Room and you are welcome to joy us. I haven't posted any pictures yet. I am not a computer person. I am still learning how to work this thing call the internet and computer. How are you doing? Take care and make sure you have a good weekend. Tashia
 
Can you believe it, I just got up. I have one day without a nap and the next day I am tired and sleep in. I got so much done yesterday. It felt so great. Because it is so cool today I plean to go for a walk around the place where I live. I need to get some work done on my apartment. Oh I do wish I knew how long it takes to get all your energy back so I can lead a normal life. I am so glad that I have come this far please don't get me wrong. I know this is patience talking but I do wish it would go faster. Please take care and stay safe. Tashia
 
You still need a lot of rest, you have come a long way in just the last few months. Enjoy your naps and sleep ins.:sleep:
 
Hi Tashia - I've never tried quilting. My mom loved it though. All those little pieces of cloth!! I don't think I have the patience. She used to knit and crochet too. I didn't do very well knitting but I did crochet for awhile. We're still using an afghan that I made back in the 70's! The colors have gone out of style and come back in. :) I guess that shows my age. I've gotten lazy now, I don't make anything anymore. I was looking for a picture I know I have someplace of the quilt my mom made for my daughter. When I find it I'll post it here to show you.
Sleeping in is good. Some days it feels good just to do nothing.
 
Morning Glory, My mother tried to teach me how to knit and crochet and her comment was. "Go do your sewing". I just don't get knitting and crochet it just doesn't click for me. I like sewing because you can make simple quilt that look pretty without too much work. It is a way to relax. Maybe some day you will try it. Sleeping is so good. I do it a lot still. When its hot all I do is sleep and do nothing but watch tv and play computer games. Take care. Tashia
 
Pumpkin, That you I know I still need to rest but I am starting to feel so much better I want to go places and do things. My biggest thing this year will be getting off all the medicane. I have to sign the lease to my apartment for another year. Boy does time fly. I don't know what I would of done if I hadn't found this site. Take care do have a good week. I think we are going to have some cool weather now. Tashia
 
Boy has this day been busy. Not physical but busy. I was to go sewing but decided not to which was good because I got very tired and took a nap. After I woke up I took myself out to dinner. It wasn't the best but it was so good to get out. Then I came home and started to go thru my sewing patterns. I think I am starting to get on top of it. Thank goodness. Now I have to go thru a copy more hard covered notebook then I will be finished with that. I also went thru some fabric. I so surprised it took me so long but I haven't been paying any attention to it for so long over a year. Getting it ready is great. I have one of my bags filled with a pattern and kit all ready to go and sew. Its been a long time and been so much fun. Now to get it finished and start sewing. Everyone take care and have a good day. Tashia
 
Today was going to the dentist and all is well. The area that the tooth was pulled is healed now on to the next part. Pick up a pair of the most comport shoes I have every had. Then went on to the sewing sew. Is that surprising. I picked up what I needed for a class so I am all ready to go. Then came home and took a nap. Again I didn't go because of being tired to a meeting. I will be so glad when I have more engery. I am so tired of being tired. However I feel great and the pain is hardly anything so how can I complain. I hope that everyone had a good day and found that going thru all of this was so worth it. Take care.
 
Today I am a little down. I think I need to learn how to pace myself better. I go until I get to tired. I have sleep most of the day. I need to do washing and some house work. I don't like either of them and I put them off. I would rather be sewing, with flowers, going places or looking for a dog. I have never been a house person. The thing I am discovering is that I was not feeling good for so long I really let my apartment go and now I must get it back in some order. I was going to go to a meeting but I got tired and I didn't get a ride so I sat down for a while and fell asleep and sleep thru the meeting. I really wanted to go but something is really buggie me. I need to find out what it is. I know that I hate pain medicane but thank God I have them. I am disappointed that everytime I ask someone for a ride, the answer is NO. I find that very disappointing. Well I needed to get that off my chest. I eally need to move to another place but I need to wait until I am off the medication. I do know that is really buggy me. Well it is, and I need to accept it. Everyone do take care. Tashia
 
Hi Tashia, Sorry you're feeling down today. It's tough when you have to depend on other people for a ride. If we didn't have our car I'd have to look into living near public transportation I think.
Hope tomorrow is a better day!
 
Morning Glory, You are so right. In the city I live it just isn't. I am hoping that my next move it will better. Having good transportation is very high of the list of what to look for. When I can drive whenever I want will be so much easier but it just isn't in my life right now. I know things will get better. Somedays just aren't as good as other. Please take care. Tashia
 
Well not much will be done, My stomach is bothering me again. I also notice I have a slight fever. I've had the fever sinch that real hot day. I hope its just the weather but I am starting to fell more off. I don't have pain in my joints so that not it. This weather is crazy. So many people are walking around with cold bacause of it. I sure hope I don't get it, they are really sick. Well I need to go to have a blood test to see where my medication at. I don't think its working the best. My Cancer doctor is leaving so next month I will have a new one. I wish I could keep him, he is so good. I wish him the best. Well of to the blood test. Everyone take care. Tashia
 
Boy was I tired, Went to bed a 10:30. Now I am awake at 4:00.. I do hope to get this all taken care this weekend. Good 4 hours of sleep with no pain. I think I am ready to ask the doctor to cut down some of my medicane. Now here is something that I find confusing. I have so little pain now but I am on pain pills on a regular time so is this why its so controled. Oh can I cut down without getting into pain. AS you have learned I still have trouble accepting all this pain meds. I am so lucky I do realize this don't get me wrong. I guess I need to lean to accept it and stop fighting it. I love to drive that is the whole problem. We don't have good public service trasportion here. So a move I think will have to happen. I do hope that everyone is carefull with the weather problems in the world. Tashia
 
I really got lots of sleep finally. My left knee is a little sore. But nothing to speak of. Toni's husband called and she is doing great for those who are following Toni. I did post on her thread. I was very disappointed that I didn't get to meet her but I have a very low grade fever. I think its this weather but I don't want to take her any problems. Today I am taking a easy and hopping that the fever goes away so I can surprise her. But we will see. I didn't look for a dog yesterday. Had to go to the hospital and have a blood test. Got the results last night. The numbers are quite right. but are getting better. I really am so lucky. I pray every night for those that aren't as lucky as I am. The most important thing is if something doesn't feel right, check it out, and if the doctor saids, it nothing, Keep going to another and another until you are satisfiend with the answer. It saved my life. Please take care of your health. Tashi
 
Hi Tasha, I'm glad to hear that your blood work was okay! Sorry to hear that you have a low grade fever, I hope it gets better soon my friend! Take care of yourself, because you are the most important person you know! :thumb:
 
Back
Top Bottom