TKR This Teacher's TKR Recovery Journey

Sounds like you've made plans. It's not terribly different than before surgery when it hurt to stand or walk.
I had stool in the front while using the smartboard and unused desks to rest on throughout the classroom. Have a great first day!
 
You should do fine. With the plans that you have made, everything is covered! I'll be praying for you!
 
Day 70.... 10 weeks!!
Boy did time go by fast. Definitely a bit harder to keep the swelling down while at work. I've got to plan in some time each period. So much to do.. So little time
 
It is challenging to ice and elevate at work, I do it as much as I can and still have lots of swelling by when end of day....good luck
 
Day 71

I was exhausted the first two days. After endless meetings and stuff the first two days, I also had to drive an extra half hour to pick up my son. That definitely didn't help any. But today is a day to work in room uninterrupted, I hope.
 
Hope you can ice for a while as you work in your room. My friends are beginning to get ready, our schools don't start until the end of August.
 
Day 71

No, no ice nearby my room. But using egg crate fusion on a chair to get a little elevation and also for comfort. When I get home its ice machine and wedge pillow
 
While I used an ice machine at home, I went to Walmart and bought gel packs I could freeze in the faculty room fridge. They weren't huge and I could stuff them up my pant leg easily.
 
Day 72

Today.... Mandatory workshop off campus at another school, all day :groan:

Hoping I can find an extra chair to at least keep the leg up. Will be using crutches since I don't know how large this campus is.

Then, PT right after this afternoon. This is not gonna be fun today. :banghead:
 
Yep, skip the pt. You are going to be done in and probably swollen, wouldn't get much accomplished at pt anyway.
 
Too bad I had no time to read responses. I went and she iced it down, elevated and massaged some of back down out of the knee. We did manage to get some swelling down. Am home now with elevation and ice.
 
Sounds like just what you needed if she just iced and massaged. I always loved when the PTs massaged the knee. One more day and you have a weekend to rest.
 
@Kazilla I can relate...one more day, the massages do feel good, I hope you are able to get some rest :flwrysmile:
 
Day 75
Well, I finally made it to the weekend :happydance:
I am definitely sore. Planning to elevate and ice all weekend. Brought home my laptop to do some work rather than stay late or go in today and sit at a desk. I have a bed table and will do the work here while babying the knee a bit.

I think I must have been leaning heavily on my cane Thursday at that workshop. That shoulder was sore yesterday and today.

Thank goodness I was proactive in getting my work clothes ready last weekend. I can't even think about having to run washes today. I prepped and laid out my first week outfits in my closet.

Now... If one of my men would wake up and bring up ice.... :heehee:
 
I'm glad you're planning on resting and icing this weekend. You're going to feel tired for a while. During the work week I tried to incorporate laundry into my regular schedule. When going down the stairs to the garage I'd drag a basket of laundry, throw it in, then put it in to dry when I came home. But, hey! You've got those men to run laundry and you can fold while elevating/icing. Take some naps today...:sleep:
 
I was tired during the week, but yesterday I didn't work and it really hit me, I felt like I was run over by a truck, and my knee was very unhappy all day
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom