TKR This Teacher's TKR Recovery Journey

That's wonderful news. Congratulations on your healing! May it continue without a glitch. :)
 
All good news.


Jean

RTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 June 2016 LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006 Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
Day 58

Thank you for the well wishes. Been a bit busy here. My oldest tried applying for full time bank teller job (like he had before moving up to be with us in another state, but that bank had no branches in our state ). He was offered the job!! Full time with benefits and reimbursement for college if he takes courses related ie finance or management. He is walking around on cloud nine.

He also received a little money from an investment, and first thing he did was to surprise his dad. He put his fathers car in for repair to fix the ac in it! Then gave me money to cover Dr costs (the 10% insurance didn't cover). He said that we had always helped him, so he wanted to do this for us. It all came out to about $1, 500, but I was so touched by how truly amazing he is. He even bought his younger brother a video game he wanted and was saving for. The rest, he is putting away to grow so he can start his nest egg, and of course wants me to go with him when he talks with financial guy.

Definitely one proud and happy momma:roseshwr:
 
I always say, kids are a reflection of their parents, so you and your husband must have done something right!
 
What a wonderful son! I agree that it is a reflection of how he was raised. You have every right in the world to be proud and happy.
 
He sounds like a wonderful young man. I believe your children learn by observing their parents. You must have been a wonderful role model for him.
 
You should be a proud Momma! What a generous and thoughtful son. Congratulations on his job.

I hope you're continuing to do well.
 
To be so responsible this day in time is rare. Usually we just hear about how young folks blow that money.
 
Day 59

Thank you all for the comments. He is a wonderful young man.

Went to mall today. Had to get oil change and check over before I return to work. Did some walking with crutches as I knew it would be a bit of walking. Definitely feeling it this afternoon. Hubby is bringing home ice for the ice unit.
 
Oh yes, that wonderful ice. What would be do without it! I got my ice maker running right now. With my Cube, the ice last only a few hours. I wonder what my electric bill will be with all this extra stuff running. Oh well, we have to have it and it's worth it for our comfort! I hope you can get your ice on you quickly and it brings down the swelling and pain!
 
You raised a caring son. Wonderful. And yes, the ice machine is our best friend, even going on 5 months.
 
Day 68
My last day of summer break. Yesterday I went and got compression sock that goes from foot to mid thigh. Was on advise from my PT as she saw how swollen I was from a short Walmart trip. Better than using the huge ace bandage. Wore it last night, felt weird.

So I am wrapping my head around the return to work. The good thing is that my gym's location by the school has the pool. So I can get started on the swimming.

I also went and got non slip loafers for work. They put out email that floors were waxed. :ok:
 
Do you start tomorrow? It feels very strange for me to not be thinking about prepping my classroom, bulletin boards, etc I always hated going back in the heat cause none of my classrooms ever had AC.
 
I hope all goes well tomorrow. I know how these clerical/in-service days can be. If you're sitting in a meeting try to prop your leg up on an extra chair or bench. I went to parent/teacher conferences 3 weeks after my surgery. I sat with my leg propped up on another chair. It was the longest outing between my surgery and when I actually went back (with a second surgery in between), six hours of conferences and another hour in travel. I was crazy! But didn't think a brand new teacher who had been with my class for 3 weeks could hold conferences.
 
Good luck with your first day back at school. Try to not plan on doing anything else but ice and elevate afterwards.
 
I've got a small egg crate cushion for the extra "prop"chair. Hubby is getting me a tall chair so I can sit or lean against it when in front teaching. My younger son and his girlfriend will get volunteer hours helping me and other teachers set up rooms. I already did my copies prior to end of year so no standing to make copies. Older son will cook dinner tomorrow. So plans are in place.
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom