TKR This Teacher's TKR Recovery Journey

Yes. Surprisingly I only took 3 days last year...one that I was truly sick...the other two were for pre op stuff in Dec and May. So I have about 7 from last year, plus what they start us with this year
 
I understand you're dilemma then. The year I had my TKR I started with 180 days and used 60. I retired this year with 126 sick days, 2 personal and 6 family illness. I ran out of time to take days, plus it's a real pain to prep,for subs.
Contractually when do they have to give you your assignment? We had to know by Aug.1st, but we didn't usually start until Aug. 26 or so. It's a good idea to find out as soon as you can to begin thinking about how to manage things.
 
I've only been at this school a year. Now a new administrator who may not know about my knee. So that's why I want to go in and speak with him.
 
I went back to work at 13 weeks. While my knee isn't a major problem my back has started to bother me a lot. I would suggest that you get some new sneakers from a runners store or checked to see if you might need any type of orthotics especially if your leg wasn't straight before surgery and now it is. That also helped me.
 
I think going in to see the new admin is good idea. It can't hurt.

I was at the same district for 37 years, so that's why I had all the days.
 
Day 44
Been up since 3 this morning. Knee was painful. There is a strong thunderstorm headed our way . Could it be affecting it?

I got a meeting scheduled for early next week with the new principal. He was accommodating to my need for morning appt as I can't drive quite that far comfortably yet, and am at the mercy of my husband or son to drive me.

I am now using only a cane in the house. Still using a walker when I am out. I know it's a small step forward, but it seems slow. Especially when I still wake up in the night. It's still another week to my second appt with doc (he is on vacation). I am really hoping to get some additional relief. This pain started after having that fill-in PT. Hoping that she did not hamper my recovery.
 
I know the weather affects my knees! And neck, shoulders, hands & feet- LOL! But after sustaining that pre-op arthritic knee pain- I can handle anything now-!!
 
@Kazilla, that's wonderful new about your asst. principle understanding your knee situation! That should make it much easier on your going back to work. @tjcteacher and @Suz, I can still predict storms or any real change in the barometric pressure, too. At work we could be in an enclosed building and I could yell out that a storm was coming, and sure enough it would. I'm looking forward to the day when my knees are healed enough that weather doesn't affect them.
 
Day 45

OMG.... PT worked the calf, right side of hamstring . Forget waterboarding...do this and I'll tell you anything you want!!!

:rotfl:
 
  • Funny
Reactions: Suz
Ouch, that bad? What did they do? Has it helped yet?
 
I think it's a bridge??
[Bonesmart.org] This Teacher's TKR Recovery Journey
 
It was not doable-the back of my thighs aka hamstrings did not cooperate AT ALL! My knees were ok :) Not those other muscles. My hips are weak too, as well as my lower back.
 
I can relate! I wonder how long it will take to get back into shape. I think swimming will be the best, easiest way. But, when we finally get to swim again, we will have to be really careful to overdo.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom