Guest viewing is limited

TKR This Teacher's TKR Recovery Journey

When I was still in FL I would start in April buying a couple of cans of extra food each shopping trip. So that by June all I needed was to buy water. Then in November, there was always a good drive at school, and if I was blessed not to need it that season, it went to those in need.
 
Day 32

The knee is still swollen and sore from PT on Thursday. I think the fill in therapist (very young) pushed it too much. Have had hard time getting a good night's rest for two nights now. Am elevating and have ice machine running on it. I was hoping to go to the grocery store tomorrow , in a motorized cart, just to pick up a few things and get out of the house. Maybe sit at kitchen table and prep some food, as these guys pretty much only know how to cook spaghetti...lol. Now, I just don't know if I will be able to. I measured around the knee and there is an inch more around from previous, so I know it's very upset with what was done.

One step forward, two steps back...yes, pun intended.
 
Sorry that the PT hurt you enough to cause a couple days of pain. Keep the ice machine running and leg elevated and hopefully you will feel better soon. And then it starts to be two steps forward and only one step back!
 
You do not want that PT again, call the office and let them know.
Time to Rest, Ice, Elevate, and Medicate on schedule as prescribed.
 
I'm on motrin only. I just couldn't take those other meds anymore. So far it's working. Don't worry, I will be letting them know on Monday morning when I have PT again.

Tuesday night I'm braving it...my hubby has work related dinner, so I will be getting out.
 
I'm sorry that you are still feeling the results of that new PT. My bad results lasted for one day only. Part of it is my fault. When I am at PT I push myself way too hard. I have to learn to hang back more and not try to impress everyone with my progress. Wouldn't it be wonderful to have a PT that had a TKR and would know what it is like.
 
  • Agree
Reactions: Suz
Day 33

Yes @Floridagal it absolutely would!

Yesterday I just rested the knee and watched chick flicks all day
Moonstruck
The Notebook (extended version)
Dear John
The Martian
The Proposal

It helped a little, as I got a bit more sleep last night. So that was good. But I do need to go to the grocery store if I want to eat something other than spaghetti or hamburgers. It seems that's all these guys are able to make.
 
Does your area have the order grocery online and curb pickup?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
We will soon, but not yet. I'm going to use the motor cart at the store. It will do me some mental good to get out for something other that PT. I need some fresh fruits and veggies and I like to pick those myself anyway.
 
I remember that wanting to get out of my house for something other than pt. Enjoy the freedom :flwrysmile:
 
Enjoy your day out, but don't overdo!
 
Didn't overdo it. It felt good to do something somewhat "normal". Plus now I have some fresh fruit and veggies to help me heal.
 
I am glad you got out-it's nice. I think about 4 weeks I started doing short excursions. Do use the motorized carts-they are helpful-watch out for those end caps of items:scare:I am not a good driver of motorized carts :heehee: but they help for sure.
 
I've gotten quite good, unfortunately, with the cart.:heehee:
I look forward to the day I can do these everyday tasks without bringing someone or riding something.
 
I used the motorized yesterday in my outing. There's no way I could have done it with them!
 
Day 34

PT this morning, but my usual T was back. Explained what's been going on since last visit, and she could see it was still visibly swollen. So she scaled things back, and gave me some suggestions for getting swelling down.

My hubby treated me to a gift... Keith Urban's new CD :roseshwr:
 
Glad to hear you had a gentle PT session today. Enjoy your new CD.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom