THR Things couldn't have gone better. Minor hiccup but all is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Movements are improving so well! Still a low grade fever making me feel bad. I've only gotten up to make trips to the bathroom and plan to stick with that for a few days. I have to do that a little more than usual anyway as I am keeping the fluids going. Lovin' the cranberry juice.

I called the nurse about the fever. Not to worry it's only 1 PT over normal just take some Tylenol. I've added Tylenol to an 8 hour cycle that should help with the fever.

Pain is very minimal. The worst part right now is the crummy fever. But we've all had a fever before and worked through it!

Haha even if no one is following my "play by play" it's worth putting to words so I can process what's going on and make adjustments.
 
Thanks Fula. I'd chat at ya more but that dang oxy is kicking in and my head is so fuzzy. Love hate relationship with that stuff.
 
Hey all, I've been meaning to ask. For anterior do they clamp your feet in to the table or something?
 
The first or second night home I ran a very small fever ( about 99 deg, although it felt like more). The issue resolved in about a day. The cause I believe was doing too much when I got home. My movement was so good I moved from room to room with my walker almost as if there had not been a surgery. I slowed down and feverish feelings went away.
 
Welcome to Hippieland. Try to take it easy... You've got a lot of healing to do!
 
@AlanInAZ

Hey thanks for posting that. It confirms what my thoughts were.
 
I had one night! That's good but I probably should have done two in hindsight. I overdid it just a little yesterday. Just got through reading your revert thread again.
 
@M1ke Hope you're feeling better, a fever sure can knock you down.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Hey thanks! I do feel much better. Tylenol has helped immensely
 
Hi @M1ke just read your thread…..I think the day we all come home is tough…it was my toughest day. So much going on……the journey home…..emotions etc….I know I did too much. The nurse told me yesterday not to worry about a fever unless its over 101. Get plenty of rest….keep up with the meds ….and ice is your new best friend lol.
 
I've come to figure out that doing a flight of stairs walking several times to the bathroom, sitting upright I'm my room for a couple hours and the sitting in the car for a 1.5 hours constitutes a really tough day!
 
Yeah for just 4 days after major surgery that does constitute a tough day! But this too shall pass and over the next couple of weeks everything will heal up and you'll regain your energy. Plus you'll have a pain-free hip! Just relax and go with the flow - naps are your friend as are ice, medications and elevating the leg. You're doing great!
 
@djklaugh

Actually that was day 2 lol.

Hey all another mile marker achieved yesterday. I took a shower. So funny to think in those terms though.

I have been dozing on the couch only getting up to use the restroom. Getting concerned that I haven't had a bowel movement. I'll research some help on that myself, no need to turn my thread into a discussion about how to get mike a movement. :rotfl:
 
Hey m1ke just have a good book in the bathroom when the gates open! Been there!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®

Right anterior approach on April 15, 2014
 
It's official, I'm bored. Tomorrow my sister family will be over to visit at least. It's time to pick up the guitar again for sure. I can't watch any more movies or tv! I knew boredom would get the best of me!
 
Good every think is ok, don't over do things . I was in hospital for 5 days before they would let me go home. Have a look at some of the recovery tips on bonesmart and you will do fine. Are you an automotive teacher? I am in the trade and think the trade has a lot to do with my hip troubles.
 
Thanks Jacey!

Next on the list, my leg has puffed up and gotten hot to the touch. Is that common 4 days post op?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom