THR Things couldn't have gone better. Minor hiccup but all is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@M1ke Hope you are still feeling good and pain free this morning. The oxy knocked me out, too. I tried cutting back in the hospital and my pain got out of control, so I had to step it up again. My body actually seemed to get used to the oxy after a couple of days, although it did make me tired, but that was okay, because your body needs the sleep! I think I was on it for 2 or 3 weeks after I got home before I switched to hydrocodone., which I tolerated much better.
 
@Dmcfad2 exactly what I did. I'm back to 10 Mgs. But I don't like it.

I'm a little nervous about the PT today. I can't even move my leg how am I supposed to stand in it. And they took the catheter out. I'll have to move to use the bottle.
 
@fulafoto What kind of beer was it? Curious about your varieties there.
 
@M1ke Great to hear you sounding so positive. You are on your way:) Welcome to this side.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
I just got up and walked a bit. It felt great mentally and physically. The bed was kinda hurting me and now I'm in a chair and it feels great!
 
You are doing great @M1ke ! :yes!:
I bet you get to go home today!
Have you done PT yet?
You asked about foot pain..... if you had anterior, your OS likely used the customer Hana table which splays
your legs out like an X.
They do that to help with the initial dislocation.
On the cranberry juice, I agree! I have been drinking gallons of it. Its good for you, too!
 
@M1ke I am a bit whacked today, pain is pretty hardcore! But so much has happened in the 24hrs since surgery it's amazing!
Walked around 4 times with the frame and sat up in my chair.
I feel pleased that I've done that but oh dear me it has totally worn me out.
M1ke- my leg is a total dead log too and the anaesthetist said he'd put a 'block' on it. It worries me a bit as it's so so heavy and hard to imagine moving it independently really.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
@M1ke Sounds like you are doing just great! Portland is my home town, lots of family in Gresham too. You are having some fine weather there today in celebration of your first full day as a hippie. I look forward to your continued reports.
 
@M1ke and @AbiHips - sounds like you are right on schedule. I never had a catheter and got up to use the bathroom (no bottles for women) and really getting moving was great. It gets easier but keep up with what pain meds you need - if you sleep a lot, that's fine.
 
@M1ke I am a bit whacked today, pain is pretty hardcore! But so much has happened in the 24hrs since surgery it's amazing!
Walked around 4 times with the frame and sat up in my chair.
I feel pleased that I've done that but oh dear me it has totally worn me out.
M1ke- my leg is a total dead log too and the anaesthetist said he'd put a 'block' on it. It worries me a bit as it's so so heavy and hard to imagine moving it independently really.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
That's exactly what I'm going through. They are giving me the block as well.
 
@Stripey

That's awesome! We are having fine weather today and if there's one thing to be upset about its that. We are a boating family. Favorite past time.
 
Ah yes, surfing on the Oregon coast! Wearing a wetsuit, even in August. We watched the surfers for quite a while last summer at Short Sands (Oswald West State Park). You have to be dedicated to get into that cold water, wetsuit or not!
 
@M1ke Sounds like you are doing well :) :wowspring:I'm so glad to hear that the west side new hospital is doing so well for you - though I liked the old east side one's meal set up better - they had a sort of restaurant set up where you could order anything off the menu at what ever time you wanted and it would be delivered to your room in about 20 minutes - so you could have scrambled eggs at 4pm or a nice sandwich at 6am if you wanted too.

:old: Log leg and heel pain -most likely from swelling caused by trauma to the soft tissues - elevate leg and ICE, ICE Baby ;) :ice: Swelling does not stay localized around the incision but takes on the whole leg (did that with 2 legs - had log legs and heel pain for several weeks but it did go away). You may also notice odd colors down your leg like it's very bruised even down to your foot. That too is related to tissue trauma and the blood that seeped into surrounding tissues - and will be reabsorbed fairly quickly Also walking does help to get all the fluids moving back to where they're supposed to be. As do ankle pumps, heel slides, and any other exercises PT gives you to do. And yes you can walk with log leg :) May take a bit to feel steady on your new hip but don't worry you'll be back to surfing and having fun sooner than you expect.:surfer:

And the weather has turned lovely here in Oregon so getting out (once you're home) for slow and gentle strolls will be easy and much more fun that trying to slog along in the rain. :flwrysmile:
 
Thanks for the tips. I am going to take it slow for sure.
 
Wow! Awesome post so far @M1ke !!! You're making it sound like a walk in the park! Love your great attitude - it's very helpful for us about to undergo the knife soon. I'm going under May 5th, so your story is is very encouraging. Sorry about the blood loss, but it sounds like they had everything under control - I'm so glad you're doing so well!
 
I'm in the car heading home and my lovely wife is the schauffer. Got an ice pack on and stuck in rush hour. Minimal pain maybe a one? I wanted to thank everyone that catered to my every need but they weren't around.
 
@m1ke….glad you are heading home…..enjoy sleeping in your own bed……I know I will.

congrats on getting to the recovery side……lets do well together:cheers:
 
Yup we really have to be careful about overdoing it. I only did what the doctors and PT recommended yet I still feel like I overdid it. I got up 3-4 times including a full flight of stairs. Then drove home in heavy traffic and started feeling bad. Not pain just feeling yucky. Now I have a slight fever and very tired. Been having trouble sleeping. Tomorrow I'll rest all day and be in command of my own progress.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom