THR Things couldn't have gone better. Minor hiccup but all is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh ya you other hippies in recover....make sure you get your food before they close. I have had a small cup of soup and an apple for lunch then fell asleep and didn't order dinner haha. Now I'm starving cause all I've had since 7 yesterday is soup and an apple. :heehee:
 
I am from portland oregon and staying at kaiser west side
 
I didn't know there was anywhere to surf up there. My husband surfs longboards. I stand up paddle, but couldn't sit on a surfboard, so gave up trying to surf. Of course, now that I've had this surgery maybe I'll be able to again. :yes!:
 
Way to go @M1ke :dancy:
So pleased to hear that you are now on the other side!
It sounds like you are doing really well, mentally in particular. You see... we told you it was worth doing. :)
 
Ya now were talking. Oregon coast isn't bad from what the doctor told me. But what I do is called wakesurfing. The boat makes a big wave and you can ride ride ride!

I want to do some ocean surfing!
 
@Cantabrigian

Thanks! I am doing well. The mental aspect I dunno. I feel like a huge weight was lifted off me. I'll know better later but I think the pain limping and such wears and tears in the spirit. So ya I feel good about it.

How are you doing?
 
  • Agree
Reactions: VF
Apart from some stiffness in the right thigh, I am good thanks. 23 days post-op for me already, and getting ready to,return to work next Monday. Yes, there is some discomfort for a while (given how the thighs are manipulated this is to be expected), but waking without pain in the hip itself feels sooooo good. :)

Keep following the BS mantras, and you'll be fine.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Things couldn't have gone better.  Minor hiccup but all is good.
@M1ke, you are now an
[Bonesmart.org] Things couldn't have gone better.  Minor hiccup but all is good.
! Good to hear that you're doing well. Take care and keep us posted. We care.
 
Trying to type this before the oxy takes hold. I must be sensitive to that' stuff cause 10 Mgs mocks me out and I feel so woozy. I am allowed up to 15 Mgs if you can believe it. I think that might kill me!

So I have pretty decent pain going right now and I a already tired of these messagers they put around my ankles. But ya I'm hurting because I fell asleep and the meds expired. But all is good it's not unbearable pain.
 
Hey can you guys help me figure out why most of my pain is in the heels of my feet? So strange. They do hurt as bad as the incision now.

Think it was the operating table? Do they clamp your feet in?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry i missed this @M1ke so pleased your doing well mate, sorry can't help with your heel pain but I am sure someone on this side will be able to enlighten you - look forward to reading more about your recovery!!!!
 
My heels hurt too - but started after I got home - try elevating your calf so that your heel does not touch - or barely touches the bed. That helped. I don't think it was from during the surgery.
 
@M1ke Sorry I am late to party.. I checked for your recovery post before sleep but you know the high school teacher gig I sleep early as I have to be up at 4:45 am every morning! So funny about student's mom... I run into students and parents everywhere... So glad to hear how you are doing... so since I am so nervous ... your take on it so far... ? You sound awesome continued great positive recovery!
 
@M1ke - I realized when I got home that this was happening but had not in the hospital - they had my legs elevated that way - now I know why. Weird pain but it was pretty bad. I also hated the leg massagers - I guess some people like them but they bothered me.
 
@psychteach I would never voluntarily get up that early :alarm:

At gresham high school Teachers are required to be on site 7:15. I live very close so I can get up at 6. Wow I'm trying to fall asleep in middle of this post :snork: Anyway I thought it was so cool to have my students mom here. It really is a coincidence because my hospital is an hour away during rush hour.

Don't be nervous. You'll be in good hands. I am amazed at the level of care I am getting. I'm waited on hand and foot. They are bringing me a sand which now and I think the nurse has to make it as the kitchen is closed. In other words you'll be pampered. Being a guy I never pamper myself. My first ever professional message was only a few weeks ago. So there's that it's something to look forward to. The procedure itself is a slam dunk if you have the right doctor. Honestly those guys do so many hips it's routine. Like doing grading papers for you. :thumb:
 
One other thing. I remember nothing. One minute I was rolling down the hall looking at the pretty lights and the next minute I woke up thinking they' hadn't started the surgery. I had to look for the banges to convince myself. The 3-4 hour time loss is interesting. Before I new it it was 8pm and I missed dinner.
 
Seems like I really had to talk you into it. :rotfl:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom