Bilateral THR Thing 1 and Thing2'

@GrannyC I live across the border from Lake George. I have been in contact with the other Vermonter. I dreamed of a recovery like hers!!
 
Did you have surgery in Albany?
 
No, I went to Rutland Regional Medical Center. Most people in this area go to UVM or Dartmouth, for specialist.
 
Ok thank you. I obviously am not familiar with VT hospitals other than UVM. I would have guessed Dartmouth was too far. Important thing is that you got good results and are now well along the road to recovery! You can’t beat that feeling of no more OA pain, that’s for sure! You will soon be back to doing all that you want and your surgery will be a distant memory!
 
Hey Berber....hope today is good.
Watching the Super Bowl? Whipping up anything good?
I'm not a football fan but will watch National Anthem and half time show, thats about it.
Hope you have a great week!
@Berber7227
 
No TV here! Made quiche, carmelized onions, finished quilt top, laundry, Xmas stuff to the attic. I can finally do stairs!!! Shoveled in front of garage! Waiting for storm to end before shoveling walk and mail box! Will sleep well tonight!!
 
Well the 2" of snow predicted, is now 6"-10". 10" more expected Wednesday. This is why I wanted to do PT in Bermuda!!!!!
 
My "twin" cousin lives in Bermuda. He is an hour older than me!
 
So why aren't you in Bermuda? Pack your bags, have someone plow your road so you can get out and go for it! Seriously, take care! You know I'm not one to tell anyone to limit their activities, but I am this time. This is too much snow for you to do this on your own! Don't mess up that back!
 
I was hoping to do PT on my own, In Bermuda! But being a problem child, need to do PT here. The central sensitization, really put a wrinkle in my recovery. Working with many specialist! Want to go to work!!!!
 
Great for stairs! I hate that you have the added central sensitization aggravation, but I think at not even 3 months out...you are doing well.
Try to give yourself plenty of down time too, please.
Lots of deep healing going on.
Hope your have a Good Day!
 
I hope it all eases soon, Berber
I can understand wanting to get back to work, it equals normalcy.
You've had a bit of a rollercoaster ride of a recovery....
Considering you're bi-lateral and not even 3 months post-op I'd say you're doing well.
Hope they get the central sensitization figured out.
Best wishes for a good week.
@Berber7227
 
:hi: Berber.....and Hi to Berber the cat too :kitty:

Is work a lot of standing / walking....or mainly sitting? Hopefully you can start phasing back in soon.
Most important though is tending to those hips first. I hope that sensitization issue resolves soon.

I think you should start a YouTube channel. Call it "Berber's Bites".
You can demonstrate to everyone how you make these wonderful quiches, pie crusts, chicken and biscuits
Lava cakes etc. I'd tune in. You know you'd have an audience in us.
We could say "I knew her for a hot minute when she still had all her original body parts!" :loll:
@Berber7227
 
@Layla my job is on my feet for 8-12 hours a day! Just need to suck it up!! Spring cleaning starts tomorrow. And as I will be snowed in, will be trying crock pot carmelized onions! Made them the regular way Sunday! Had to sit in a chair to finish them!!
We had 8" of snow Sunday, another 9" predicted for tomorrow, followed by 3" on Saturday!! Bermuda is looking better and better!
 
Those are long days on your feet. I can't imagine you handling that anytime soon.
That would be very difficult. I wish you could go to Bermuda, you deserve it, what a nice break it would be!

I tried carmelizing onions on New Years Day to put on yummy little beef tenderloin sandwiches with a little horseradish. I didn't like it, took too long, I got bored and let my son finish it while I watched, vino in hand :heehee:
Crockpot would be easy, right up my alley. What do you do with the carmelized onions?

You have a lot of snow....Did you see that pic labanan posted? Crazy!
@Berber7227
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom