Bilateral THR Thing 1 and Thing2'

Berber, I'm very sorry for you. I don't fully understand central sensitization. I'm going to read about it so I can better understand your suffering. I hope you're finally moving in the right direction considering the diagnosis. Hopefully the prescribed treatment will soon begin relieving your pain. Please keep us posted.
Wishing you a comfortable and peaceful evening!
@Berber7227
 
Kenesio tape...hope is a pretty color.
Compression pants...aaargh:nah:
Hope you aren't too uncomfortable.
Hope the pool and massage therapy helps.
Stay positive Berber. Hope all eases soon.:yes:
 
Hi Berber,
I hope you had a good day and have some excitement planned for the weekend!
Freezing cold here, a little snow on the way.....UGH. Hurry up Spring!
Best wishes for a great weekend....stay warm!
@Berber7227
 
Cold here! We had over 6" of snow yesterday! More shoveling!!
 
Just heard!:skep: . :heehee:
:snow plough:If I had a pile of money I'd get you one if these Berbs, but that pushing doesn't look much easier on the hips !
I'm guessing when you live where you do and have that kind of weather, you just gotta do what you gotta do sometimes.
I would send you some of my college volunteers to help you out if I could.
Please try not to get those hips aggravated any more than you possibly have to, dear Berber.
 
I was just reading back in your thread @Berber7227 . I admire your strength to have had a bilateral! That is quite a journey to go on to say the least but the good thing is that both hips are done so you don’t have to go through it again.

After reading back I get the feeling you are trying to recover too quickly. You are not even 3 months out yet so although those incisions probably look healed now, there is still a very lot of healing going on inside. I’m afraid that taking the muscle relaxants is masking your surgery pain and allowing you to way overdo which will slow your healing. The bad gait prior to surgery and now the different gait after surgery could have aggravated your spine. Once you relax and let things settle, it may be possible your spine will feel a bit better. The muscle relaxants are fine to help the pain but you should NOT increase your activity level. Did you read @Mojo333 thread from the beginning? She went through many aches and pains along the way but did fantastic although I don’t recall her having the back issues. We all have meltdowns along the way and days when it seems like things will never get back to normal. We need to remind ourselves that it is time for a large dose of patience to get us through followed by many more doses in the days to come. The healing will come but at the pace your body decides and not the pace set in our minds.

I live in way northern NY so similar weather. Snowing here this morning so maybe headed your way. We likely won’t shovel as it will probably melt in a couple days. Sending healing thoughts and wishes your way :yes!: :flwrysmile:
 
Take the shoveling slow and steady @Berber7227. You are the original energizer bunny. I think @GrannyC makes a good point about masking. I totally understand that when we live alone there are things we need to do. Please just divide into reasonable chunks with some rest and ice and between.
 
Hey Berber,
It's snowing here too!
It's the big pretty, fluffy, swirling snowflakes!

Don't let those muscle relaxers fool you into thinking you're Wonder Woman.
Don't want you hurting yourself and doing that disappearing thing again.
You know you get us all in a twist when that happens.
So you be a good Berber today!
@Berber7227
 
Either that cat (Berber), or I shovel. Since she is an indoor cat, it is my job!! I have the driveway plowed, just need to do by the front door. Want my Amazon packages!!! Spending the weekend quilting, want to finish quilt top for show. Cooking, pie crust made, ready for quiche tomorrow.
 
@GrannyC where is northern NY. I think of upstate, as North of Albany. Upstate to my NYC friends, is North of them!!
 
@Berber7227 Upstate tome is north of Albany. When I worked in VA, I used to say Upstate and like you said, they thought north of NYC and probably south of Albany. I don’t think those people know there is any more to New York. I’ve lived in various parts of Upstate NY but right now I live about 10 miles south of Watertown, not far from Lake Ontario. We get plenty of lake effect snows off lake Ontario. There was another BS member from VT who had a bilateral THR names @gaulsuerou . I haven’t seen her on here for quite a while. If you could find her thread, you could see where she is from. It seems she had her surgery at some very small hospital with a young doctor if I remember correctly. I think she may have mentioned his name in her thread. Anyhow, she had a great recovery and now is probably busy with life. I don’t remember her surgery date but it was after mine.

BTW, I’m glad to hear you are just shoveling by the door :heehee: I had visions of you doing a very long driveway!:bignono:
 
Homemade beanie weenies and womp 'em biscuits on the menu tonight.
Hubby is taking the day off.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom