Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral THR Thing 1 and Thing2'

Oh my @Berber7227. Well at least you have been told what it isn’t. So glad to hear from you. Back issues are tricky. Not everything is our hips. Good luck with doc tomorrow.
 
Berber, I'm sorry...that is such sad news! You've been through so much and you're still early into recovery.
With any luck it's not serious and something you can effectively work with.
Hoping you're able to keep the pain under control so you're able to accomplish the things you need to do.
Will be thinking of you, please keep us posted.
@Berber7227
 
Glad those hips are okay.
Guessing you are still having pain, and I've had a few back issues as well, so it will be good to see what the problem is.
Try not to project too much before getting answers (I get that's much easier for me to say) and let us know what they think.
Wishing you peace of mind and body.
 
Last edited:
arthritis in spine. New PT, meds, more Drs. Out of work for 6-8 more weeks.
 
Oh, so sorry to hear that the although maybe it gives you a path forward that you couldn't see before.

Hugs! :console2:
 
Oh my goodness @Berber7227. I’m so sorry, I know you were looking forward to going back to work. The good news is your hips are solid. Sometimes when we get one problem taken care of, we can figure other stuff out. Since your hips were the major focus and they can cause so much pain, it is easy to attribute everything to them. Hopefully they will help you get this manageable.
 
Whoa!
You need a break! @Berber7227
I'm so sorry. I'll bet this was an unexpected turn.
It seems with OA it's the weight bearing joints....hips, knees, spine.
Supposing your change in gait with the deteriorating hips aggravated it.
I'm telling you....this getting old biz is not for sissies! Hope you find relief soon...
Hugs and wishes for brighter days :console2:
 
Oh my Berber. Guessing imaging confirmed this. Did they find spurs or is there pressure on nerves somewhere they are concerned about.
I get how this could be overwhelming.
What sort of new PT are they recommending?
I'm truly sorry that you got this diagnosis, but as with hips...we couldn't do anything to help ourselves until we knew what the issue was.
I'm glad you let us know...we do truly care.
 
So sorry you are suffering this. I too have arthritis (among other things) in my spine. If you can work with a PT who specialises in spinal patients it can work. Core stability exercises are great for people with spinal problems. Please keep us updated!
 
Off ice fishing today! It is free fishing day in VT. A friend lives on a lake! She has a party, bonfire, food, fishing, lots of kids!! Taking Mom. She will keep me under control!! Lol
 
@Mojo333 had a quick message from one new Dr on phone about spine! Will get more info next week! Had. Meltdown Tuesday pm, PT sent me home Wed, could not do anything! Os saw me Wed in the afternoon. Friday am spine Dr, x-rays! By 4 pm Friday, all Drs, PT, decided on new course. See one Dr Monday! Still trying to catch up. Whirlwind week!!
I think it helps, that the Dr I saw Friday, is a neighbor. Had been watching me........
 
I'm fishing today too...Yay!
No ice...but if you catch one, we will compare pics.
Sometimes we just have to let things go...I hate that you have had so much stress but good for you to go live some.
How great your neighbor is your doctor!
Hope your day is splendid!
 
Hope you enjoyed the fishing. Glad to see that you are starting to get some answers and a plan for going forward :flwrysmile:
I’ve had back problems for over 20 years. The pain makes you so miserable. I’ve tried all sorts but have found that the only thing that works for me is attending a chiropractor. Or maybe it’s because both chiropractors I’ve had have been very handsome young men :loll:
 
Happy Saturday, Berber
Your plan for the day is wonderful news! It's great to hear you're feeling well enough to get out.
I'll bet mom will keep you in line so we won't worry too much. Hope it's a great day!
It does sound promising that one of your doctors is a neighbor and has been watching you.
Bet that proves beneficial. Hopefully you are soon able to firm up a plan and move forward.
All the best to you!
@Berber7227
 
Doesn’t seem fair to go through all that and something else playing up :nah: I feel for you. My back is trouble too. I’ll be watching your progress with great interest as I think I’ll need to be following the same path.
I hope the fishing was fun!
 
Me too on the spine issues! So I do get it.

I am hoping/praying the three OS I have seen are right when they say the pain is stemming from the hips.. The spine doctors I've seen all want to move to spine injections and surgery. I am holding off on any of those plans.

Hopefully your docs can figure out a successful pain alleviation plan for you in the weeks ahead.
 
It was 50°, for ice fishing!! Lots of water on the ice! Lots of wet kids! Not many fish caught! I saw one nice northern pike, 18", 5 lbs. I did not have any tip-ups was helping some of the kids. Mom has the pics! There were about 45 people there, to nice a day to be I side!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom