Bilateral THR Thing 1 and Thing2'

Don’t think you are weird on that point @Berber7227. When I think of how down you were a couple of weeks ago and the pain, it is really good to hear the excitement.
 
@Berber7227 Before you toss all your worn down shoes ....is there a cobbler/shoe repair place in your area? Might be easier and less expensive to take them in and have new heels put on. I did that with several of my favorite old shoes around the time of my BTHR ... worked just fine :) .
 
@djklaugh most of the throw away shoes I have are a one piece sole. Made out of the rubbery stuff. Not sure they can be fixed.
 
Tonight -15°F wind chill -45°F this will continue through tomorrow. Tucked in my house for a few days!! And from cherry, we head to raspberry!!
[Bonesmart.org] Thing 1 and Thing2'
[Bonesmart.org] Thing 1 and Thing2'
 
I Remember those temps from when I lived in northern Maine @Berber7227! Of corse, after awhile-14 seemed like heat wave! Glad you are getting variety in your chocolates and feeling human.
 
Last edited:
Carrots. Celery. Chocolate. Start the same but just don't seem the same. I want what your having but must settle for the first 2 for a while! I need to get some hypnosis to make me feel like I'm having chocolate when I'm eating my carrots!
 
@Berber7227 @SaraK Chocolate comes from a plant therefore it must be good for you :wink: Plus it stimulates endorphins and thus makes you feel good! One never needs to feel guilty about eating chocolate :snork:

Hot cocoa, hot fudge sundae, chocolate fondu .... yummy for cold winter days:ok:
 
@djklaugh - I like the way you think and have been known to classify chocolate as a vegetable, but, alas, it's not the only plant based item that's not currently on the menu!
 
Hi Berber. I think you are doing super considering the restrictions with the weather and etc...
Hope you get up and look in the mirror and give yourself a hearty "attagirl" because this was a big surgery and having to do so much of your recovery essentially on your own deserves kudos...
Love to see your project in progress..I'm not talented with any craft, so I'm always super impressed with people who quilt or crochet. I have the patience of a gnat and am not good at it.
I did make a hot pad / pot holder thingy with one of those loom things when I was 13, if any one remembers those. :curtsey:
 
Really @Berber7227 i am doing cleanse and super clean eating to get me ready for surgery. Your eating and cooking makes it hard for me to stay on track! However, I do have some ghirardelli peppermint bark set aside for after surgery! And I may end up with a couple of boxes of their salted Carmel brownie mix on hand!

I am so happy you are feeling so good and are engaging in the stuff you like to do (weather permitting). :yay:
 
Berber, you are quite the little Martha Stewart.
Lava cakes in sub zero temps, great choice :rotfl:
You sound wonderful. Warms my heart!
Wishing you a great day :flwrysmile:
@Berber7227
 
Back
Top Bottom