Bilateral THR Thing 1 and Thing2'

I was too hot sitting here in my office wearing a sweater. Now you've gone and made me cold! At least I haven't noticed any temperature difference from the implants so far! That's all I'd need - for the new hips to make me even colder than I usually am in the winter. it's time for my family's wintertime mantra "let's move to Arizona" .
 
@SaraK It takes 12+ inches to close schools here. Sometimes there is a two hour delay. Have not shoveled yet! May have to clean a few spots before next storm. Need to get door open!! Lol
 
@Berber7227 if you do shovel(like any of us could talk you out of it), take it slow. If you are going to do it, better to do before another 8 inches. I shovel my drive if it gets to 3”. Found I can just sort of push the snow out of the way and the lift and toss is minimal. Got a neighbor who would at least help with dooryard?
 
I'm glad your leave was extended. Sounds like you can use the extra time.
Yikes! That's cold! We're in the thick of it here too.
Time to book a flight! @Berber7227
 
I have driveway plowed! Just have to shovel walkway, mailbox, and in front of garage door. Slow and easy. Better to keep up, then get behind. I have until Monday, plenty of time!
 
BE CAREFUL or you could be off work until longer than February 19th
Do you have those spikey things you slip over the bottom of your shoes / boots?
I had some, can't find them. Need to get another pair....they work well!
@Berber7227
 
Look on Amazon - Yak Trax as an example
 
Glad you are able to get extra time off...I know you are probably silly bored...I was!
You are doing so amazingly well. It took me over 6 months to get new shoes as my recovery was mostly in summer and I wore my Croc flops out...but they were the only comfy ones!
My warmer shoes all have a heel of some sort and my hips/lower back/ pelvis don't like that tilt.
I got some flat cute warm slip on boots, some Memory foam Sketchers that feel oh so nice, and some short waterproof hikers.
3" snow in coastal Georgia has us all closed up around here. We are not equipped to deal with anything frozen around here.
Hope you have a Good Day...recovery is definitely an up and down journey.
But it does eventually stay on the upswing and you will be ready to go this spring.
Rooting for you!
 
I had been putting off the shoe toss! Just tossing all the ones with my "old" heel wear. Never realized how bad they were! I have no black shoes left. I wear mostly clogs. They do not get along well with crutches!
 
The shoe game is tough @Berber7227. And finding decent flats is hard. Amazing the heel wear when we look at it. Clogs may come back down the road, but they would be killer with crutches. Add in the fact hat you need something snow worthy and you have quite the puzzle. You will just need to try some different types on once you get to store.
 
@MammaT hour and half drive to shop for shoes. One of the joys of rural life. I have flats. Do not care for the look! OMG! I must be better! I care how I look!! Lol
Shoveling half done, waiting for gnocchi to set before rolling, working on quilt! I am using 4" blocks. So each row in an inch. Will be 100"x100" when finished!
 
Hi @Berber7227 I’m a long-time clog wearer, too - mostly Dansko which I am afraid to wear right now. I did find the brand Klog which look like (and feel) like Danskos at least from the front. The difference is the Klogs sole and heel are much more like a regular shoe - they’re working very well for me.

And I can’t wait to see your quilt - I’ll be sewing on mine all through this snowy day (as long as the power stays on:wink:)
 
@Berber7227 B-R-R-R!!! :wow: You stay bundled up and inside - no ice sliding allowed at this stage of your recovery. Next year you can go sliding rather than :ice:. Here on the other side of the country it's chilly but not (yet) bitterly cold - a bit damp but no snow at this time - Christmas was icy but that's all gone now.
 
Sorry travel involved with shopping @Berber7227. My flats aren’t my favorites, but I will wear shoes with small heels(never been a tall spikes person) and alternate during week. I am hoping when second hip heals it won’t matter.

Proud of you doing shoveling in shifts! I get where you are coming from. When it is just us, we get used to figuring it out and doing it.

Quilt sounds like quite the project. You’ll need to post pic.

Enjoy the snow!
 
Busy, busy Berber!
Shoes, shopping, shoveling, gnocchi.
Giving those two new hips a workout.
Wishing you have a peaceful evening!
@Berber7227
 
Well! Today was the first time my hips felt over used!! Not painful, just letting me know they are there!
Is it weird to be excited? Gnocchi was great, no idea why I never made it before. Cheated, used instant potato!!
 
Berber, that is wonderful!
No, it's not weird to be that excited. That is what THIS is all about!
Us, getting our lives back. Regaining the ability to do all of the things
that became difficult or impossible for us. It's a great feeling.
Yay for you! Consider icing tonite as a preventative measure....
@Berber7227
 
Back
Top Bottom