Guest viewing is limited

TKR Thesoutherncook's Second Time Around!

Glad to hear that it is not a major infection. I agree that the ice cream will without a doubt have you feeling better in no time!:wink:
 
Hope you are feeling better Helen! Tomorrow when your DH is in Atlanta, pull up your Lounge Doctor or recliner, get your ice and ice cream ready and chill ( literally lol!) until he gets back. Kick that ugly virus to the curb!!
 
Helen, so glad it wasn't strep but I know a virus can really make you feel yucky. Yah for ice cream! I agree with Peggy, ice :ice:and ice cream! I would have to have a cuddly blanket with that combo. Rest and feel better soon.:prayer:
 
6 week report! Wow! Time sure flies when you're having " fun" - :rofsign:
Feeling much better today. The " magic mouthwash" seems to be working! Yeahhh!
I can see little bits of change...I'm able to stand longer, getting up and down is easier, I can sit with leg down for longer periods of time, I even crossed new knee over old! I'm doing more in the kitchen ( cooking, but leaving clean up to DH) and have decided to cut back PT to 2 days a week. I've accepted help on a committee and opted out of a meeting this week. ( Those are huge concessions for Madame Independent! )

I appreciate the Bonesmart staff ( @Josephine thanks for the article about understanding when other illness is a threat to TKR. Because of it, I did not panic when I got sick on Sunday.) And I appreciate the camaraderie of the troops marching through this recovery together!
 
Is it 6 weeks already Helen? Wow, time really does fly! This is a great knee report and I'm also delighted to hear about the healing power of the Magic Mouthwash, lol. What's that stuff called?

Good job on cutting back on the Committee and PT! Woot!:yes!:
 
Six weeks! Not quite a magic number (there really isn't one, but...) and yet for so many it's THE turning point. Six weeks and you're doing so much better!

Glad your magic mouthwash is doing the trick, too. Feeling yucky on top of a TKR is the pits.
 
I give up! :blackcloud: This is the week from :censored:! Absolutely NOTHING is going forward...swelling has returned, pain along with it, blues, I HATE PT, my reflux is acting up and I am just plain worn out with all of this!!! :tantrum2:
:hairpulling::gaah::badspidy::kickedout:


Thank you. Now I feel better.
 
Awww...I'm so sorry you're not having a good week. Like my always optimistic daughter tells me, this too shall pass. I really hate to say that to someone because I always hate it when she says it to me, but I guess she's right. I'm right there with you on HATING PT!
 
more awwwws from me. "dear oh dear", and gentle friendly pat on your back. May the horrible-no good days end soon and you can go back to smooth recovery.
I know all about set backs. Really. And at first I thought I read wrong when someone wrote: one step forward and two back. I thought it should read Two steps forward and one back, and then when you have a set back the former rings true. b
As long as you are feeling yucky, at least be kind to yourself. Ok?
 
(((Helen))) hope you feel better soon! Enough! I can't help but Naturally, that makes awonder if the Magic Mouthwash is affecting your reflux? You swallow it, right? Is the throat feeling better? If so, maybe forgo the mouthwash and see if the reflux improves?

Sometimes it seems, the swelling and pain just keep coming, whether or not we've done something to set it off; pffft! Perhaps some blueberry muffins would help offset the blues? I know you've tried ice-cream, and chocolate would be bad for reflux, so I'm thinking along cakey lines. Hope a good night's sleep will find you much better in the morning!
 
The small acheivements mean the most in some ways. A trip to church may be as important as ROM. Glad you ere able to get out without problems.
 
So sorry you are feeling badly Helen. Know that we are all here wishing things better! Maybe we need to summon @Pheebs52 's pixies with some magic pixie dust potion.
Hoping tomorrow will be better!
 
Oh no! So sorry you're having a bad week. Maybe blow off the PT for a bit (or forever) if you hate it. This too shall pass. Quickly would be nice.
 
Thank you for all the kind words.... like everyone else, I just get worn OUT with this recovery. I can look at #1 and know it WILL get better. But, weeks like this make you wonder.....

@Pheebs52 I have stopped the mouthwash/ gargle. It probably set off the reflux. Maybe muffins tomorrow and definitely protein.

@SusieShoes I blew off the PT folks today. They may not LET me back! Oh, wait. I'm their bread &butter. I think I will skip Friday and next week is only 2 visits. I'm getting pressure to pedal the bike. I don't like pressure and neither does my knee! I called out the head therapist today. My knee was swollen and he wanted to push on it while I was sitting. I said NO, it's swollen and it is NOT going to move. You know you cannot move a swollen joint. He stopped. Then he measured ROM prone...again I said NO, you've always measured me while sitting and you know the numbers will not be the same.
Seriously, I almost ran out of there!:tantrum:

@jboles , @Canada35, @VW54 , @bashbago Thank you all for the hugs and empathy. I've been a real whiner this week. I'm sorry! Onward and upward...tomorrow is another day, etc etc etc...
 
Here's to a better day tomorrow!!

I had a sub PT one time, I said see my chart - there was a big x on it. my PT said he had it on there to remind himself not to touch me haha... well the sub said, I don't care about that and I said - I will get up and walk out of here if you do! I won.
 
Helen, it all just takes too long; pffft! It would be so much easier to handle if we could intersperse it with a week of a knee that feels normal, eh? One week recovery, next week normal. An even exchange, back and forth. I think I need to speak to someone about that! Hope the Sleep Fairy will be by your side all night!
 
Wanted to push on your knee!? I'm glad you stopped him/her! I wouldn't let anyone touch my leg for a very long time and my PT didn't massage my knee until 3 months post op.

I think 6 weeks post op is really a hard. You don't feel bad enough to rest/ice/elevate, but you dint feel well enough to get back to your normal life. But you can think about where you were 3-4 weeks ago, you've made great progress!
 

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom