TKR Thesoutherncook's Second Time Around!

Hi,Helen, just got caught up on your adventures and troubles. I had something similar this past week, sore throat and stomach troubles. I hope you are on the mend! I totally agree with @Fire wolf. We should get a pass on illnesses when we're in the throes of TKR. Our threads are already stretched too thin, and snapping (at anything and everyone,including ourselves) is of high probability. I wonder if we can get a law passed?

I'm glad you went in search of the best flavors of ice cream. I believe that ice cream is better medicine than salt water or even a fancy gargle from the doctor! Here's to a better rest of the week...
 
Did anyone else receive an e-mail from CVS or Walgreens letting them know that Flu season is officially upon us and it's time to get vaccinated? Yep, summer's over in all but calendar. I'm heading there this weekend and towing Mistah along for a jab. That's the last thing I want this year!

KarriB, I like Key Lime Pie, but ice cream? I dunno. Off hand, I'd say coffee or maple walnut trumps all, but I s'pose if I saw it, I might consider it in the interest of keeping an open-mind, lol.
 
Helen, I think that a trip to Costco for some people bowling as you head for the ice cream section might be just what you need to lift your spirits! :happydance: Zip on over to the chocolate candy while you are at it, and watch those people fall like pins, or dominos! :rotfl: And if anyone tries to stop you, run them over! Let's take full advantage of the need for the motorized carts!:ok::flwrysmile:
 
@Fire wolf....I'll have to settle for local large supermarket electric cart bowling as Costco is 2 hrs away! But, that is a thought....perhaps I could borrow the cart and take out the PT, too!

On a POSITIVE note: I'm going to lunch with a friend today! Yeahhhh! A normal activity! :loveshwr:

And cancelling PT tomorrow. I had a rotisserie night with throbbing knee pain in the patella area. Thank you PT for the sleepless night. :groan:
 
Whichever *bowling alley* is most convenient will surely do the trick, especially if there is ice cream involved!:snork: And don't waste the battery on the PT, just skip that nonsense! :wink: I think lunch out may ne just what you need to help at this point. Remembering that there is normal life after tkr is so important! Enjoy yourself! :flwrysmile:
 
A lunch with friends is just the right medicine. Good food, a little fun, a reminder that there's more to life than recovery. I do hope you don't see your PT while driving... anything. But canceling PT is a good call! I never missed it once I stopped. Not. Once.
 
Helen, out to lunch with a friend is just the ticket for you today! I think PT better watch his back....just saying. :SUNsmile:
 
Helen, I just caught up with your thread again (I can't seem to keep up with anything this time). I'm glad the throat yukkies didn't last too long. I can definitely relate to being DONE with this. I go to bed every night thinking that and get up every morning the same way. Luckily I find some optimism in the middle most days. Like you said, I look at #1 and I know it will get better, but that's easy to forget when the blues hit.

I am happy to hear that you have a lunch date today. Enjoy your friends and being out. Even if you come home exhausted, you will feel much better.
 
Week 7 recovery report:
Busy, busy week... walked all over Wal Mart Monday, large grocery store and apple orchard store on Tuesday.
Cut back PT to 2 days/wk and switched to different therapist for more personalized sessions
Riding recumbent bike daily at home
Sat down in church Sunday and (without thinking ) crossed new knee over old!
Sleeping under the covers ( no more pain from sheets touching the incision site) - its the small things!
Still having waves of energy drain occasionally
Massaging the " sausages" ( no ravioli in NC, @Pheebs52 ! ) out of the incision area

All the best to fellow Smarties! I hope you are busy with life after TKR as well!
 
Last edited:
What an excellent report, Helen! All that walking and still doing fine. Especially happy about that part about sleeping under the covers. Winter is coming. Well, not right away, but still... covers are good.
 
Great seven week report. That's a lot of walking for seven weeks, you're headed for rock star status on this knee recovery journey. Way to go!
 
Go Helen! Just look at you, cruising around Wally World on your two bionic knees! This is a really great report with the exception of the *sausages*, lol. I'll forward you some raviolis if you'd prefer them? No? Hahaha!
 
Hey Helen - look at you go! You aren't letting any dust settle on you! Hopefully no repercussions!
You should be most proud young lady!
 

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom