TKR Thesoutherncook's Second Time Around!

Hey, there, just stopping by to say hi! How's the painting coming? I'm still procrastinating. Maybe some new art supplies??? :loll:Your recent reports on your activities are very encouraging. Way to go, Helen! :yes!:​
 
Hi everyone! Thank you ALL for the support! It DOES feel good to get back to some semblance of " normal"... even if it only lasts for a short time!

Someone, sorry I forgot who, asked me about tips for making biscuits. I don't! :heehee: Every since the frozen ones appeared, I gave up baking biscuits! The Martha White Flour website has the best instructions and flour.

@Polkadot I just placed a LARGE order for art supplies and frames! Now, I have to get busy to fill those frames!
Art galleries want fall and Christmas cards and art...I'm soooo BEHIND!! Thankfully, the brain fog is lifting and the creative juices are beginning to flow again! Whew! :ok:
 
I would love the website for your art! Thanks!
So happy to hear your creative juices are flowing again. Life is good! :idea:
 
Helen, I'd love to see your Christmas cards! Are they in the art galleries or elsewhere? Sounds like you're going to be one Busy Bee and I can feel the energy radiating from your hive! Buzz on![emoji106]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I would love the website for your art! Thanks!

Helen, I'd love to see your Christmas cards! Are they in the art galleries or elsewhere?
Helen, @Thesoutherncook - we don't really encourage people posting their web sites on BoneSmart, but if you'd be kind enough to post images of some of your art work in a thread in the Social Room, we'd love to see them.
:friends:
 
That's fine, Helen. Thanks for letting me know. :friends:
And yes, it certainly is an accomplishment. Great that you're feeling well enough to get back some of your normal life. :thumb:
 
8 weeks this past Tuesday... 2 months down! I continue to be busy and feel great!
I'm not taking any pain meds except for an occasional Tylenol
Walking without cane
Driving
Still going to PT 2x wk for strengthening exercises. I've babied this knee for 7 yrs, so have lost much muscle.
Ice and elevate about 3 times a day
Going about normal daily activities but still give out by late in the day. Stamina just takes time to recover!
Sleeping well with TKR on a regular bed pillow most nights

For those of you early in recovery, there IS light at the end of the tunnel. It WILL get better, but it does require lots of patience and perseverance!
 
What an encouraging recovery you have had! Getting back to normal, and even better feels wonderful!
 
Helen,
You are an inspiration to others behind you. Congratulations on getting some of your life back and not only that but getting to enjoy yourself as you are pursuing your activities. It's a long haul but a few reprieves along the way help for the long run!
 

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom