Guest viewing is limited

TKR Thesoutherncook's Second Time Around!

Home again, home again, jiggity jig! Made it to ATL and back without any major problems.
The appt with the OS's PA was X-rays and a 5 minute chat. Xrays looked great. This baby is cemented in. I asked the brand and never did quite understand her...oh well.. guess it doesn't matter now! She was talking very fast and not concerned about numbers, thought I looked great, and said be prepared for everything else to sqawk...and I immediately thought of all of my BS buds! She said, other knee, hip, back,ankle,foot....everything has to adjust to " new normal"! I'll see the OS the day before Thanksgiving.

The trip to Costco was a mad dash to get out of the Friday afternoon craziness! I only ran over a couple of folks with the electric cart. :heehee: We had lunch at Panera, quick visit with the Subaru dealership ( DH traded cars - not even the one we drove down! - in 20 minutes), dr appt, Costco and HOME! A MUCH more active day than I've had in months! I am tired and my knee is swollen, but not as much as I expected! Yeahhhh! There IS life after TKR #2!
 
Last edited:
#1 has screws, #2 glued
[Bonesmart.org] Thesoutherncook's Second Time Around!
 
Ah, Helen - I read about your day first thing this morning, and now I can breathe a sigh of relief that everything went fine. I thought it all sounded way too ambitious!! And yet, you knew you could handle it and you did. Congrats! Now rest up!! I'm sure you'll sleep like a baby tonight.:sleeep:
 
You definitely have two different looking knees! Did the same OS do them both?
 
@sistersinhim The second, without screws, was the easiest! This is also the one where I came home the same day as surgery, went to outpatient PT the next day and have not slowed down since! I did find out that it is a Corin. Not sure of exact model, but that is the brand.
 
Glad your trip went okay. I haven't really even thought about Costco yet,,,you were brave. Glad all looked okay and hope you get lots of rest the rest of the weekend.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited:
Aha, so it was YOU who ran over my foot with a cart in Costco! You'll be hearing from my lawyer...LOL!!! What a great day you had Helen! Sometimes that sort of expedition is just what the doctor ordered even if it results in a little bit of swelling/discomfort later on. Hopefully, all will feel well tomorrow and you'll take a DOR.:friends:
 
Helen, are you with us this morning and not in the ODIC? Hope so!:SUNsmile:
 
@Pheebs52 I was not in the ODIC, I was at church! It was the first time we've been since surgery! The past 2 wks were on DH with his yellow jacket stings then nettle rash. But, today we made it and boy was it GREAT to be back! I took my cane for balance but did really well sitting and standing and walking to the car!
 
Good for you! I remember how happy I was to get back to church last time, hopefully I'll be able to go next week. I'm glad it went so well for you.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom