Knee Infection* The Story of My Knees Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Story of My Knees

Watch out, Sonja, or they'll have you paddling a lifeboat around the pool for "cruise training" exercises!!!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

That's true!:biggrin: Katie told me she would not make me do too many extra exercises so I would be in good shape for my cruise!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello Everyone!:biggrin:

My knee is feeling great! I am so excited! (Katie says it's because she has been making sure I am doing my squats correctly!:WINK1:) I told her I knew that couldn't be it!:th_heehee:

Yesterday, I worked on cleaning out the garage (something that my hubby had been promising for months!) I felt so good and didn't have to ice or anything afterwords.


 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Boy, Sonja...now THAT'S a job!!! I know it felt good to be able to do something like that! You are a wonder.....
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

My mom and I want to wish you a very good cruise!!! Enjoy it and take many pictures. Happy your knee is doing a good job :THUMB:, You're going to miss Killer Katie.., or better... surely she's gonna miss you more with your great sense of humour, :snork:. Lots of kisses from Spain.
Pilar and Paola.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Two more days Sonja, you must be getting so excited, and even pushing the boundaries by clearing out your garage - come to think of it, mine needs doing too before we move, but I know that my hubby would have a hissy fit if I even go near it!!:hissyfit:

Thanks for the advice on the exercise bike, I am going to take yours and Jamies advice and higher the seat and try it again, although I am a bit frightened as it did hurt so much last time, but there were no after effects so I just have to take my knee, talk to it, and beg it to try once more. When I do eventually get fully around, it will be another milestone to celebrate.:yes 4:
It seems strange that most people seem to be able to do this at quite an early stage, and moi cannot. However, I can go up AND downstairs easily which most other BS's struggle with. Strange!

Anyway, you take good care that nothing goes wrong to stop you going on this well earned holiday, and by the time you are back and the revision beckons, you will be good and strong in both mind and body. Enjoy. Enjoy. Enjoy!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja,
You deserve the vacation you are about to embark on. May you have calm seas, wonderful sunsets, and cool calm breezes. Remeber the old saying "Red sky in the morning, sailor take warning, Red sky at night, sailor delight." May your cruise be filled with nightly red skys.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Thanks Everyone!:biggrin:

I gave all of the people at my rehab place gift cards for a favorite restaurant today. I told them since they couldn't enjoy the cruise with me, at least they could eat well! I told them how much I appreciated their help in getting me ready for this cruise! I couldn't have done it without them!:biggrin:

To say I am excited about the cruise is an understatement now! I am so darned happy I can hardly wait! We head for the airport at 6:00 a.m. on Sunday morning!:yahoo:

I will take a lot of pictures as I bought a 16 gig sd card today for the digital camera! That ought to do it!:WINK1:

Well, I will post more later.... must go pack!:yes 4:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Safe flight! Safe journey! and most importantly stay safe yourself.

Have the greatest fun, sleep really well, and come back so much healthier and happier!:doggieshmooze: Will miss your posts for a while!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja, IT'S HERE!!!!! This is the big day! Even though you don't fly until tomorrow morning, this is really the last day you'll have and then you're on your way. So in my book....IT'S CRUISE TIME!!! (it's my story and I'm stickin' to it!)
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello Everyone!:biggrin:

Tomorrow is the BIG day!:yes 4: Cruise time! Have camera ready with 16 gig sd card! I think 3,500 pictures should just about do it!:th_heehee:

I have half of my packing done and Mom is coming in about two hours. :skeptical: I thought I wouldn't procrastinate but I have reverted back to my old ways!:th_heehee:

I went to clean the bathroom that is the guest bathroom, and I hadn't been cleaning it for awhile due to my knees. My hubby "said" he was taking care of it because he used it. Well, stretching and bending down to clean all the way down the front of the toilet tank was a mistake! My knee popped and I am in pain!:hairpulling:

Now do you think I would even "think" about canceling the cruise? NO WAY! The knee will be fine by morning, and besides I am bringing my crutches! Nothing is going to stop me!:yahoo:

After today, I don't know when I will post again. It depends on how much the internet cafe is and if I have time! "Killer" Katie has my exercises that I need to do to keep going while I am on the ship! My sister and I are going to workout every day,:biggrin:
I will be in touch!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hey, Sonja....you can do pool exercises with one of those little umbrella drinks....lift and stretch, then sip; lift and stretch, then sip. Hot tubs are good for that too.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello Everyone!:biggrin:

Having a Wonderful time on my cruise! Internet is expensive though, so you probably won't hear from me more than once or twice! We are "parked" in Haiti right now, and with more than 4000 people on this ship, I decided to go for a little "quiet" time!:th_heehee:
I have taken some great pictures, done a lot of walking, and made my knee quite sore. I am not going to get off in Haiti, but probably will in Jamica and Comuzel. Hope everyone is doing well!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hi traveller,

Miss you already! So pleased you made it, and so very happy that you are having a great time. :yes 4:

Trouble is on a cruise the foods is so wonderful, so frequent, and so many choices, its almost impossible not to put on weight, :dev-godseesaw: so hope you enjoy the rest of it, and come back refreshed and with your delinquent knee wel under control, or you will have Killer Katie to answer to.

Great to hear from you so soon Sonja.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Very nice to hear from you Sonja!!! Enjoy those beautiful places :cocktail_martini:, and all the facilities of the ship. Best regards.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Great to hear from you, Sonja!!! I know you're having a blast. You deserve it, hon.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom