Knee Infection* The Story of My Knees Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Story of My Knees

Amd we do have "sick humor" don't we?
Keeps me as sane as I can be....considering I'm a self professed whack-job.:snork:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Yes Sandy, I find that the PT's have a lot of fun when I walk in the door! They are waiting to see what my new "thought of the day" is!:th_heehee:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello Everyone,

I took "killer" Katie a "note" from my "doctor" describing what type of therapy I (oops I mean he would like! ) I wrote it like a parent that gave me a note when I was teaching, "Hucked on fonics workt fer me!":hysterical: I couldn't believe that Katie did not believe it was from my doctor!:WINK1:

Well today did not go so well at therapy. My kneecap slid over and the pain is horrible. Of course by tomorrow, it will be fine, because I am icing and elevating it as I type. Katie did put the kneecap back in place thankfully!:th_heehee:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hi Sonja, I’ve read your story and it’s amazing the way you’re dealing with it. You’re a superwoman and nothing is going to stop you, I’m sure. Hope you’re better after your kneecap experience. “Killer katie” is becoming famous. Please enjoy your cruise. Kisses from my mom (the owner of the bionic knee) and me, from Spain.
Paola
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja, been following your story and I really want to wish you the best and have a great time on your cruise. With your attitude I am sure you will do good and have a great future with your new knees!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Paola,

I have been reading all of your posts and I am quite impressed with the way that you and your Mom are dealing with your Mom's knee! I just love hearing from people in different countries!:biggrin: It makes the world seem a lot smaller!:friends:

Thank you for all the kind words, and wishes on my cruise! I am so excited to be able to go on a "real" vacation before I have my revision!

"Killer" Katie is one in a million and I will let her know how famous she is becoming! :biggrin:

Say "hello" to your mom for me and take care! I am so glad you joined the BoneSmarties forum!:biggrin:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja, been following your story and I really want to wish you the best and have a great time on your cruise. With your attitude I am sure you will do good and have a great future with your new knees!

Lou,

I really appreciate you taking the time to read my story! It has been a long one, much longer than I ever anticipated, but I believe that God has a purpose for me in this long journey!:biggrin: I have met so many wonderful people online, in therapy, and out in the public. If I was still teaching, I would have missed out on so much!

I am looking forward to the cruise, but after that I am really looking forward to getting my new knee, being free of MRSA, and living a life I haven't been able to for years!

Life is wonderful, and I don't want to stand on the sidelines anymore and watch it pass me by! Going places and doing things will make me feel great again. I am so excited that I am going to have the chance to "get out there" again!:yahoo:

Take care and I hope things are going well for you!:biggrin:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello Everyone!:biggrin:

5 days to CRUISE and knee is back to feeling good again!:biggrin:

I went to PT today for Lymph Edema therapy, and Katie and I discussed the reason that I hurt so much yesterday. We are going to make a couple of changes in our routine and I will do a lot better! I should not have the kneecap slipping out as bad, but if I do, Katie will take care of it as usual. We are trying to strengthen the muscles and tighten the ligaments, but the silly kneecap likes to slide off track.:skeptical:

I am so excited about going on my cruise! I can't believe the time is almost here. I haven't been on a cruise before, so this should be a lot of fun!:yahoo:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Dear Sonja: I am so excited for you! If anyone deserves this cruise, you certainly do. Take care, enjoy every moment, and please let us know about all the wonderful times you had when you return. Maggie
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Yes Sonja I've taken my Mom's knee as a personal challenge, cause love her so much. But also has been a pleasure to know such kind people as you. You deserve that cruise, and it surely will be an injection of optimism and strength for your revision :THUMB:.
I told my Mom about your cruise, so now she also wants to go to a cruise, and we were kidding about to prepare a bionic cruise :dancy:with bonesmarties memebers, it'd be funny wouldn't it? Well I think Killer Katie should also come :snork:, just in case. Best wishes from Pilar and Paola :WINK1:.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Dear Sonja: I am so excited for you! If anyone deserves this cruise, you certainly do. Take care, enjoy every moment, and please let us know about all the wonderful times you had when you return. Maggie

Hi Maggie!

Thank you so much! 4 days and counting! :biggrin: I will enjoy every moment, and I am even thinking about trying some snorkeling! :rolleyespink:
I must be losing my mind! I will let everyone know about the trip, I know that it will be fantastic!:yahoo:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Yes Sonja I've taken my Mom's knee as a personal challenge, cause love her so much. But also has been a pleasure to know such kind people as you. You deserve that cruise, and it surely will be an injection of optimism and strength for your revision :THUMB:.
I told my Mom about your cruise, so now she also wants to go to a cruise, and we were kidding about to prepare a bionic cruise :dancy:with bonesmarties memebers, it'd be funny wouldn't it? Well I think Killer Katie should also come :snork:, just in case. Best wishes from Pilar and Paola :WINK1:.

Paola,
Thank you so much! It is so wonderful to hear that I am helping others! I love what I am doing and the cruise is the icing on the cake before I have my revision. I hope you and your Mom can go on a cruise someday! She would love it!:biggrin: (If it were a BoneSmarties cruise I could bring Killer Katie along!) She is single and would love to go on a cruise!:th_heehee: Tell your Mom hello for me and that I hope she is doing well!:friends:


 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja, If you snorkle don't get too friendly with anything that has teeth.

Enjoy the trip.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Well Hello Everyone!

My husband asked me to decide if I wanted to move to Tyler or not. When I faltered, he said I was holding him back. So I prayed about it and have decided to be positive.:biggrin: I have already found a fitness gym that I am interested in, a new church, and several houses that I would like to look at!:biggrin: I am going to shock the heck out of him tonight!:hysterical:

I went to PT today and I felt real good. Katie asked me if I thought I could move up to 8 minutes on the bike and I said "how about 9?" I thought she was going to faint!:hysterical: Everything went great today and I am feeling "on top of the world!"

It could be that the cruise is 4 days away! :WINK1:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Well, hey Sonja, another BoneSmarty on the move eh! Where is Tyler? And what is your hubby moving there for please. Good luck tonight, and I guess he will be flabaghausted tonight when you tell him how ready you are to contemplate it. Wish I could be a fly on the wall!:th_heehee:

You mention you were doing 9 minutes on the bike today. Well after aqua today,which was just a short session as knee been problematic this week, I tried the upright bike in the gym with another TKR lady Janice who is only 3 months post op. In the back of my brain I remembered something about it was easier to peddle backwards to start so I tried, and got to the top and thought hey I have managed, only going over the top suddenly hurt like hell. It felt as though I was breaking something in my knee and boy did it hurt. After that I was too scared to go all the way round again and just went backwards and forwards, only to find that Janice was pedalling away as though it was nothing.

Why oh why, can I just not manage to go all the way around easily!! Thats twice I have tried and both times it hurt like hell behind my knee.:scratch:

Fortunately there are no problems this evening with pain or anything, but not too keen to try it again anytime soon, or alterbatively should I do it more often. Bit of a dilemna really, any suggestions please.

That cruise is getting ever nearer Sonja, and you seem to be doing so well with your knee, it should certainly be a benefit to you when the revision is done, and you will sail through this next time.:THUMB:

Looking forward to hearing about the wonderful places you will visit.

More later........................
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Well, hey Sonja, another BoneSmarty on the move eh! Where is Tyler?
Tyler is about 90 miles east of Dallas TX.
And what is your hubby moving there for please.
He has been offered a promotion to district superintendent of automation at the oil company he works for.
Good luck tonight, and I guess he will be flabaghausted tonight when you tell him how ready you are to contemplate it. Wish I could be a fly on the wall!:th_heehee:
:biggrin: When he finally comes home! It is almost 7:00 p.m. and he still isn't home yet.
You mention you were doing 9 minutes on the bike today. Well after aqua today,which was just a short session as knee been problematic this week, I tried the upright bike in the gym with another TKR lady Janice who is only 3 months post op. In the back of my brain I remembered something about it was easier to peddle backwards to start so I tried, and got to the top and thought hey I have managed, only going over the top suddenly hurt like hell. It felt as though I was breaking something in my knee and boy did it hurt. After that I was too scared to go all the way round again and just went backwards and forwards, only to find that Janice was pedalling away as though it was nothing.
Why oh why, can I just not manage to go all the way around easily!! Thats t
twice I have tried and both times it hurt like hell behind my knee.:scratch:
It took me awhile to get going on the bike. I did the rocking back and forth for a while, and then backwards. Finally I was able to go forwards. Don't worry it will come!:WINK1:
Fortunately there are no problems this evening with pain or anything, but not too keen to try it again anytime soon, or alterbatively should I do it more often. Bit of a dilemna really, any suggestions please.
I would still do the rocking back and forth and before you know it you will be able to go backwards, and then forwards!:biggrin:
That cruise is getting ever nearer Sonja, and you seem to be doing so well with your knee, it should certainly be a benefit to you when the revision is done, and you will sail through this next time.:THUMB:
I have to say, if it weren't for "Killer" Katie's encouragement, I would not be ready for the cruise or the revision. She and I are working very hard!:yahoo:
Looking forward to hearing about the wonderful places you will visit.
I will try to post some pictures also! :biggrin:
More later........................
I look forward to hearing from you again!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Aretha....when you climb on that bicycle, be sure to have the seat set at a very high position. You can always lower it later as you get a better flex to your knee. Sonja's right....just keep a'rockin' and one of these days you'll surprise yourself at being able to go all the way around without pain.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hi Sonja,
Just wanted to say hi and have a WONDERFUL cruise! You deserve it!!! Just take it slow and be careful.
My mom ( the 85 yr old amazing viking from Bergen) was telling me about our cousins in Norway named Brakke.... I said, Are you sure you don't mean Bxxxxx, because I have a friend with that name? She says she is sure, but I was hoping we would be cousins!
As far as moving, my husband had me move from MT to TX and I was not that happy but I said if you buy me a house with a pool, I will go. ( would have anyway but haha)... Anyway now the pool has helped me survive my knee disaster so I am thinking hey, I made a good deal!
Keep us up to date and ENJOY! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers,
Parla
PS Don't forget we are going to be post op buddies! Both having surgery 4/11?
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hi Parla,

I will have my revision on 4-13-11. It won't be long after you! :biggrin:
I am getting so excited about the cruise! I told the PT crew and Katie that we should have a Bon Voyage party tomorrow instead of exercise!:hysterical:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom