Knee Infection* The Story of My Knees Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Story of My Knees

A little bird told me today was your birthday! Have a fabulous birthday, how special to have it while on your cruise! Enjoy! Celebrate! Be happy!!
Parla
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

:wow2: Many happies Sonja, wonderful way to celebrate. Raising a glass to you now, enjoy the rest of your hols.:cocktail_martini:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello Everyone!:biggrin:

Ahhhhh..... life is grand!:WINK1:

Had my birthday on the ship today and heard many renditions of "Happy Birthday!" I have my bro-in-law to thank for that!:th_heehee:

There are 5,900 people on this ship and this is the biggest cruise ship in the ocean! When we were in port in Jamiaca yesterday I saw another cruise ship, and it was so small in comparison! That means LOTS of walking to get anywhere on the ship! My knees are getting the workout of their life! I am also going to the fitness center and keeping up with my PT so I should pat myself on the back but I am too tired!:rolleyespink:

Tomorrow we are in port in Cozumel, and I am going to go on a tour, and attempt snorkeling!

Saturday we sail back to FL, arrive Sunday morning, Sunday afternoon I will be on a plane heading back to TX, and we will arrive at 8:45p.m.! Dang, just typing all of that made me tired!:WINK1:

This cruise has been just what I needed to get ready for my surgery! I have been so blessed and I am ready to move on the next part of my life! :biggrin:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

God bless you, Sonja....you are living life to the fullest, girl, and it is certainly fun to hear the joy in your voice. Hope you have some great photos to share!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello Everyone!:biggrin:

Well I went into Cozumel today and did some shopping!:biggrin: The walk is about 2 miles from the ship to the nearest taxi stand! Needless to say, my knees got quite a workout today.

I did not go snorkeling today because I had a sore develop on my thigh last night and I wasn't going to risk infecting it.:hate-shocked:

It has been beautiful here and we are just pulling out of port. Tomorrow is a sea day, and the next day I fly home. I can't wait to get home to see my husband!:wink1:

Some sad news is my father-in-law passed away on Wednesday, and I can't be there for his funeral tomorrow. I wasn't able to call my husband until today, and that's when I found out the news.:cry4: Needless to say, I am a little bummed out right now.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Oh, Sonja....I'm so sorry about your father-in-law. I don't blame you for feeling down that you can't be there at this important time. But you'll be there in spirit.

I hope you can get some rest after all this activity and enjoy the rest of your cruise. Those cruise holidays are such magical experiences and I hope this was a trip of a lifetime for you. It sounds like it just may have been. I'm so glad you were able to go.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja, so sorry about your sad news, and having to miss saying your own personal goodbye, but really glad that this cruise may have set you up in spirit to face the events coming, and hope your positivity remains intact, or as we say in the UK, keep your pecker up (remember!!)

Looking forward to some snaps etc.:flowerysmile:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Oh that's awful! I remember going away for just one weekend and when we arrived there was a message that the nursing home was trying to contact me because my stepmother had died. We couldn't get a ferry back (we were on Jersey) so had to wait until our scheduled departure. So I know how you feel, Sonja, as I really loved my stepmother.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

So sorry to hear your sad news, Sonja. You will be home very soon to give your husband lots of love and support.

I'm glad the cruise has otherwise been a great experience for you. The 2 mile walk to the taxi stand had me really feeling your pain! I know I could not have handled that distance.

Take care and have a good trip home. Can't wait to see some pics as well.
Maggie
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Oh Sonja, sorry about your father in law, but you'll be with your husband soon, and you'll give strenght each other. Best regards.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello Everyone!:biggrin:

We arrived home last night and I was able to help my hubby feel a little better even though I know he will have to deal with his grief in his own way.

On the cruise, I wore shorts almost all of the time, so I had plenty of people ask me about my knees. I gave out the BoneSmart address to a couple of them that were thinking about having their knees replaced. One wonderful lady that I met when flying back to Midland was Martha. She said she will check out this site because I told her we are positive and we encourage each other. I guess there are a lot of horror stories out there floating on the web, about knee replacements.:hate-shocked:

The cruise was GREAT!:yahoo:

It was just what I needed to get re energized!

 
Re: The Story of My Knees

So glad you had a good time, and this has set you up to face the future in a much more positive mood.

Looking forward to following your quick recovery from your revision, and giving you back some of the encouragement that you are always giving others, although I am sure you will remain positive whatever life throws at you Sonja, God willing. :thumb:

Be strong, and give your hubby all the support he too may need in the weeks to come after losing someone close to you.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Are you back already? Gosh that went quickly! Glad you enjoyed it all and thanks for advertising BS!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

I will always advertise for BS! This group has been my help in times of trouble, as well as celebrating my victories! :biggrin:

PT went extremely well today! Katie said she could tell I had been working out while I was gone. :yahoo:

While I was on vacation, I got a big abrasion on the side of my thigh so I decided I would tell "killer" Katie a little story. I told her that when we arrived in Cozumel, I found a cheap tattoo parlor. I thought what the heck, T-Star has done so much for me I am going to get a tattoo to show my appreciation. Problem is when I told the "artist" that I wanted T-Star (the name of the PT place), we had a little language barrier. What he inked instead was T-Stir! Well now that just wouldn't do, so I had him burn it off!:hysterical:

Now I know you won't believe this, but Katie did not believe me!:wink1:
I asked her if she was glad I was back and she said yes, because I liven things up!:biggrin:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Not believe you? Goodness gracious me! How could she not? :snork:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom