Knee Infection* The Story of My Knees Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Story of My Knees

:hysterical: Too funny, Mary!!! :hysterical: One stop shopping!!!!

Sonja, I don't know the answer to your question so I'm going to tag Josephine so she'll see it when she gets back online from her vacation. @Josephine:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Don't forget the robotic TV camera pill that you swallow and they get live TV from one end to the other.

You could be a Youtube phenomena.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Don't forfet the robotic TV camera pill that you swallow and they get live TV from one end to the other.

You could be a Youtube phenomena.

Oh Gene! That would be a sight that I wouldn't want to see!:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I would have to charge per view to pay for my deductible!:WINK1:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello Everyone!:biggrin:

Well I went to physical therapy on my crutches today to "get some sympathy!":WINK1: Well, that didn't work. "Killer" Katie just smiled and said she wasn't convinced. She told her tech Kristin, (who usually talks and is nice to me) not to let me get away with anything! Well, everything went well until I was doing the leg lifts over a can. My kneecap slipped out of place and I quit! Katie had to come and manuever it back into place.:gaah:

I continued my knee exercises after that and finished, but if any of you know what it feels like to have a knee cap slip out of place then you can appreciate the pain that I was in.:rolleyespink:

So I would say today was a step backwards, but tomorrow will be much better!:biggrin:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Ouch.....sorry, Sonja!!! Is this your right knee that has this happen?
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Yes Jamie, it is my right knee that the kneecap will decide to slip out of place! :skeptical:

The left knee has never looked back since surgery except when my right knee depends on it too much and it gets a little sore.:th_heehee:

Tomorrow I go in for Lymph edema therapy, and so I won't have any pressure on the kneecap. It gives it a day's rest.:biggrin:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Oh Sonja, hope today is better for you, and sorry that your knee is causing you pain again.

Your cheery persona and great posts keeps me smiling and positive and I am looking forward all the time, so praying that today is a better one for you, and you are so near now to your holiday nothing can stop you now!:THUMB:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello Everyone!:biggrin:

My knee is back to feeling great again!:yahoo: Nothing holds me down for long. I guess it just needed a night of rest. I didn't even take any pain meds.

I go back for Lymph edema therapy today and I imagine that Katie will want to make sure that the knee is ok. She is a wonderful PT even though I playfully call her "killer" Katie!:biggrin:



 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Ohhhh....good news, Sonja!!! Are you all packed and ready???
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

I am working on the packing Jamie! 10 more days and I will be cruising!!!!!

I had a good session with Katie today, and tomorrow is back to PT. She is a lot of fun because she can dish it out as well as take my jokes! She told me she knew the crutches were "fake" yesterday, because I didn't have a distressed look on my face. I told her I was going to wear a huge t-shirt tomorrow to cover up the fact that my arms do all the work on the squats! We were laughing and having a great time. I love the days I just have Lymph Edema treatments with no PT!:biggrin:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

My husband and I went out for dinner and we had to wait for a table. We went over and sat down on a low bench, and when they called our name, I got up without thinking about it! "Killer" Katie's exercises are paying off!:th_heehee:

Then we went to Best Buy and I walked around the whole store! I did not use a cart or anything and I survived!:WINK1: We picked up my Kindle and now I am picking out books for it.

I cannot believe that I am going to have to start all over with my danged knee! This one behaves so well at times that I don't even realize that it is bad!:hairpulling:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Just take it easy, Sonja, in these days leading up to your cruise. You'll have a real workout on that first day. Plus....getting from one place to another on board ship requires a lot of walking so you need to be well rested!!!

But I'm happily picturing you jumping up from the bench in the restaurant!!! Go, girl!!!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

I cannot believe that I am going to have to start all over with my danged knee! This one behaves so well at times that I don't even realize that it is bad!:hairpulling:

Hmmm, not sure I get the rationale behind all the the PT for an implant you are going to replace so soon. Seems like a wasted effort. :scratch:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Bill, I am strengthening muscles so that I will have an easier time when it comes to bouncing back from the 3rd surgery on the same knee. Each time surgery is performed on the knee (between the infection and the surgery) the muscles weaken. So we have been working to build my body back up to where I can progress at a good rate.:biggrin:


 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello Everyone!:biggrin:

Life is so great! I went to PT today and "Killer" Katie was impressed with the progress my knee has made!:yes 4: I can honestly say that I love PT, and I will continue to work out at that facility (long after PT is over) on my own! It is so nice when everyone is so positive!:WINK1:

I have been working on getting my stuff ready for my trip. I am getting so excited!:yahoo:

I realize that we all heal at different rates, and all have different paths on the Bone Smart road. I can honestly say that even with all that has happened, it has only served to make me a stronger person.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

You know, Sonja.....I agree with you. Just reading your posts now I can feel the strength and power in your heart. Not that you were a shy, clinging vine to start with.....but there is a confidence in your posts that is wonderful. I know there are many good things coming your way, girl!!!! Strap yourself in and hold on!!!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

That came up negative! I do have one question though. I will be having general anthesia when they remove the polyps and they are also going to do a colonoscopy during the time I am out because I have had precancerous polyps in my colon also. This will be on the 7th of April.

Then I am supposed to have my knee revised on the 13th of April under General Anthesia. I will be under for three hours. Are those two surgries too close together because of the GA?
Not at all! Some patients that have long term treatment like for burns and stuff, have GAs every two or three days several times for dressings and other treatments.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Not at all! Some patients that have long term treatment like for burns and stuff, have GAs every two or three days several times for dressings and other treatments.

Thank you Jo! That helps ease my mind because I want to get everything done and I was hoping I wouldn't have to delay the knee replacement!:biggrin:

Today we went to see my Mom. A 2 1/2 car ride and my knee did super for the 5 hour round trip!:yahoo:

We also saw one of my friends who had her second knee replaced and she was doing well. :biggrin:

I walked around quite a bit today and didn't use my crutches and my knee didn't complain!

I owe a lot of it's good behavior to my PT, Katie. She has worked so hard with me, and known exactly how hard she could push without the knee going crazy! I hear of the horror stories that some people experience with their PT's and am thankful that mine will never do more than my knee can handle.:WINK1:

 
Re: The Story of My Knees

You are so lucky Sonja to have "killer" Katie, and long may your relationship continue, I guess you will still go to her when your revision is done next month, and with your positive feelings about her she will get you back to "normal" as soon as possible. Your holiday will hopefully set you up healthwise and you will be feeling more relaxed in yourself, so make it fun, God knows you deserve it girl!!:friends:

Jo, welcome back, hope your holiday too has done you thye world of good, if indeed it was a holiday, but its good to see you back on the forums again.:cat-kittyandsmiley:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Yes, after I have my surgery, I am going to have home health, and then I will be going back to outpatient therapy with "killer" Katie and crew! They are looking forward to my cruise, but also to me getting my new knee. They seem to enjoy my humor!:hysterical:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom