Knee Infection* The Story of My Knees Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Story of My Knees

Not believe you? Goodness gracious me! How could she not? :snork:

I know Jo!:snork: I would NEVER tell Katie a story! I am an angel after all!:th_heehee:

Things are going well in PT. :yahoo:

I am getting ready for my egd stomach plumbing- colonoscopy on Thursday. Tomorrow I GET to drink all that lovely stuff. (Now don't any of you call me and try to get me to mail it to you instead! ) I just LOVE all that poop medicine so much!:hysterical:

I am loving life, and waiting for my new knee in 8 days! Life will be so much better after that! I am so excited!:yes 4:





 
Re: The Story of My Knees

I feel for you, had my first colonoscopy 5 years ago and due for another one this year which I am dreading. I was out for the procedure but that day of sitting in the bathroom ughhh!!! and that taste blechhhh!!!
Hope everything comes out all right, .....well maybe that's not the right phrase to use, how about, praying you get an answer and that it is minor and easily taken care of. Danced around all the other phrase I could have used :th_heehee:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

You are funny!:hysterical: At least they gave me some cherry flavored powder to put in poop medicine! Chugging that stuff down every 10 minutes right now. I hope everything comes out all right too!:wink1:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Me too Sonja. You deserve all the good luck coming your way, fingers and toes crossed just in case!:thumb:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja, just a thought here....
You have been on antibiotics intermittently for so long now that possibly your 'guts' are 'screwed up' from lack of good bacteria. Maybe taking acidophilus/bifidus along with digestive enzyems regularly until about a week after going off of antibiotics after your upcoming revision might help put your 'guts' back into working condition once more.... :ideaIPB: :what:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja glad you had a wonderful trip and hope your upcoming tests turn out just fine.

You know yogart is good to get the good bacteria built back up too.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Thanks for the suggestion Judy!:wink1: I will be on antibiotics for the rest of my life now though. I am starting to eat more yogurt and stuff that is more healthy for me. I hope it will at least balance out the darned antibiotics!:rolleyespink:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello Everyone!:biggrin:

I had the procedures today and they found a 7 mm polyp in the colon. My gastrointerologist told me he was sorry about the precancerous polyp in my stomach. He told me in the 6 years that he has been doing egd's, I am only the 2nd person he has found that had a precancerous polyp in the stomach. Lucky me!:th_heehee: Once again God has blessed me because the polyp did not have a chance to turn into cancer! I would not have had either of these procedures if I had not been vomiting. The ulcers are gone now and the vomiting has stopped.:yes 4:

Now it is time to get ready for the knee revision! I am pumped!:yahoo:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Yay! Way to go, Sonja! Must be the first time I've heard anyone express such excitement! :yes 4:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja, Where are you? Are you ok?
It's not like you to go this long without a post.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja, Where are you? Are you ok?
It's not like you to go this long without a post.
Hi Gene!

Yes, I am fine! I am out in the boondocks, enjoying a last minute vacation and the wireless connection is terrible!

My husband set me up through his phone so I could say "hi"!:biggrin:

I am so excited about our knee replacements! Good luck on yours and I look forward to hearing from you after your surgery!:biggrin:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Yay! Way to go, Sonja! Must be the first time I've heard anyone express such excitement! :yes 4:
Thanks Jo.:blush:

I am just ready to LIVE life again! Standing or actually sitting on the sidelines hasn't been any fun!
It is time to get back to exercising and feeling better again!:biggrin:

In the cabin that we are staying in this weekend, they have a high jacuzzi tub. I got in it ok, but when I got out I had my right knee flex to 155!:hairpulling: The most it ever has flexed after the infection is 88! Needless to say OUCH!:skeptical:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

155? Are you sure you read that properly? 145 is generally considered around the max even for a skinny bod!
 
Josephine said:
155? Are you sure you read that properly? 145 is generally considered around the max even for a skinny bod!

Well, yes it was 145 but it was jammed up against my behind! I did put the wrong number

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Ouchy- not good. Sorry that happened. I think that's why I avoid tubs at this time- it scares me to think how bad it would hurt if I went beyond what I normally can bend.
How did you know what the measurement was? Do you have a goniometer or something else? I was wondering because I have heard that you can get an app on certain things like ipods and iphones that will measure rom (I don't have an ipod, so I wasn't sure if that was true.) I am looking for something I can use to show my geometry students how math is everywhere - even in our knees and how they bend!
Best of luck on Wednesday! Hope all goes well!!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonya, That was a $10,000 maneuver banging 145 getting out of the hot tub. At least that's what my MUA cost!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Ouchy- not good. Sorry that happened. I think that's why I avoid tubs at this time- it scares me to think how bad it would hurt if I went beyond what I normally can bend.
How did you know what the measurement was? Do you have a goniometer or something else? I was wondering because I have heard that you can get an app on certain things like ipods and iphones that will measure rom (I don't have an ipod, so I wasn't sure if that was true.) I am looking for something I can use to show my geometry students how math is everywhere - even in our knees and how they bend!
Best of luck on Wednesday! Hope all goes well!!
Actually, my husband is an engineer and he measures angles all of the time.:biggrin: I also looked at Jo's chart online, and yep, it definitely hit 145! My knee feels great again so it didn't do too much damage!:wink1:
Thanks for the encouragement on Wednesday!:biggrin:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom