Guest viewing is limited

Knee Infection* The Story of My Knees Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Story of My Knees

Dave!
[Bonesmart.org] The Story of My Knees Part 1
(:snork:)

I hope you have a great time too, Sonja. Goes without saying. Your hubby is just being sour because he's not included!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

So sorry Sonja, just didn't think about it meaning anything else, and did not mean to offend you, hope I didn't!!:th_heehee:

But still hope that you have a really great holiday and come back refreshed and ready for that great new TKR experience!:rolleyespink:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja, your hubby is going on the cruise with you, isn't he?
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

I guess I can empathise with your hubby's concerns about it making you worse, and prolonging your surgery, but at the same time it could give you such a boost.

In the meantime, keep your pecker up, stay positive, and with God's help you will come through this, you know it!!:THUMB::flowerysmile:
Thanks Aretha!:biggrin:

Yes I do understand my hubby's concerns because he has seen what trips do to my body so many times!:hairpulling:

I told him last night that I really needed this trip though, and he told me that he still felt like it wasn't a good idea but he would accept my decision.:WINK1:

By the way Aretha, in the UK does the term "pecker" mean head?
In the US it is referred to as the male's genitals!:hysterical:

Isn't it funny how different words have different meanings "across the pond?"
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja, your hubby is going on the cruise with you, isn't he?

No Jamie. He didn't want to and so I am going with my Mother, Sister, Bro-in-Law, and all of Bro-in-law's family.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Aretha, even though both sides of the Atlantic use the English language, it is sometimes surprising and amusing when we see phrases with totally different meanings i.e. "keep your pecker up":th_heehee: I was thinking, well that would be her husband.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Thanks Dave! I needed a good laugh! Aretha, no I wasn't offended, I just chuckled!:th_heehee:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Well yesterday my right knee was killing me but so was my left!:skeptical:

Today, they are back to feeling great again so who knows!:biggrin:

I have been ordering clothes and they started coming in for my cruise. I had to buy smaller clothes than what I had. I am getting other things ready as well!

The funny thing is I am usually the ultimate procrastinator, but this time I have been getting stuff to fit into travel size portions and figuring out what I want to take. This isn't me! Someone must have come and taken over my body!:hysterical:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja....do you think maybe your hubby is a bit jealous now and wishes he was going on the cruise also? I never realized that he wasn't going.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

I think he just might be!:WINK1:



In the UK, pecker - as in a bird's beak - means your chin! IOW, keep your chin up!

Originated in the Cockney slang of using one word to mean another;
apples and pears - stairs;
whistle and flute - suit;
Adam and Eve - believe;
Barnet Fair - hair;
butcher's hook - look (or just nowadays just 'let's have a butcher's');

I won't tell you what a Khyber Pass stands for but since this is nominally rhyming slang I'm sure you can work it out! :th_heehee:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Thanks Jo, there were a couple there I didn't know!!!:biggrin:

And yes Sonja, I meant keep your chin up!:th_heehee:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

My husband might be jealous but I tried to get him to go! He claimed that he didn't like crowds. Later he said it was because he didn't like being around my bro-in-law and sister that long. So who knows?

I have decided to go and have a great time though! I want some peace and tranquility before the next knee revision.:biggrin:

Aretha, I will keep my "chin" up! Thanks for the laughter that you have brought into my life!:hysterical:

Jo, thanks for the explanations. I think I would be lost with some of the expressions if I came to visit! (Especially if someone told me to "keep my pecker up!":hysterical:)

Jamie thanks for keeping me going as well. I hope we get to meet this summer!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

I went to PT today and "killer" Katie:th_heehee: as I like to call her followed me around as I did all of my exercises. When I was doing squats, she said "wait a minute, you are using your arms to pull up!" I said "of course I am, I sure don't want to hurt my knees,":hysterical: and she made me do them correctly! It is so much easier when I have one of the techs following me around!:snork: I have so much fun at PT and give them such a hard time. :WINK1:

My knees are doing pretty good now. I just have to keep plugging away for the cruise!:yes 4:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello Everyone!:biggrin:

Life is going pretty great for me right now and so I am thinking "why bother with the revision?" Of course my body knows that the only thing that is holding the MRSA at bay is the antibotics that I am taking, but try to convince my brain of that!:WINK1:

I went and had Lymph edema treatment done today and gave "killer" Katie a hard time!:th_heehee: I told her my thighs were sore, and she told me that if I was doing the exercises the way I was supposed to be doing them in the first place then I wouldn't be sore! Tomorrow I am going to "hobble" in on my crutches and moan and groan. Boy, what fun I have with those PT people!:hysterical:

After I have my knee revised, I will be back with them again, and then I guess I will really get down to the business of getting totally serious about PT! I am serious, I just like to have fun while I am doing it, and maybe that's not such a bad thing!:WINK1:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Actually, Sonja, I think your wonderful sense of humor is part of why you are doing so well even with all these challenges. Hon, you ARE amazing. Have an extra umbrella drink for me, okay?
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Actually, Sonja, I think your wonderful sense of humor is part of why you are doing so well even with all these challenges. Hon, you ARE amazing. Have an extra umbrella drink for me, okay?

Well ok, I will have an extra drink for you, but with all the promises I've made to everyone to have a drink for them, the pictures might look a little funny as I am wobbling around to take them!:hysterical:

I certainly won't need any painkillers!:th_heehee:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Well now......I didn't say it had to be an alcoholic drink, you know! They'll put those umbrellas in anything on a cruise ship!!!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Just thought - Sonja, have you been tested for helicobacter pylori?
That came up negative! I do have one question though. I will be having general anthesia when they remove the polyps and they are also going to do a colonoscopy during the time I am out because I have had precancerous polyps in my colon also. This will be on the 7th of April.

Then I am supposed to have my knee revised on the 13th of April under General Anthesia. I will be under for three hours. Are those two surgries too close together because of the GA?
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Well now......I didn't say it had to be an alcoholic drink, you know! They'll put those umbrellas in anything on a cruise ship!!!

Oh Jamie, but that's half the fun!:biggrin:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Wear a Groucho Marx disguise. You wouldn't want to ruin your reputation!

I think the time has come to have a smorgasbord type of surgical suite where you get everything done in one swell foop. They put you on a conveyor belt (sterile, of course) along with your anesthesiologist and run you through the surgeries you are due (I too am overdue for colonoscopy). I think dental work might even be in the mix. At the end they could do the little things that don't require a sterile environment, such as annual mammograms and pap smears. For a final touch, there'd be a manicure, a pedicure, a new coif, and the drink with the umbrella.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom