Guest viewing is limited

Knee Infection* The Story of My Knees Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Story of My Knees

I think you are the happiest cruiser I've ever seen, Sonja!!! It's so fun to watch you getting more and more wound up. You are going to have a BLAST!!!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Jamie, this will be the first vacation that I have been on in over a year that doesn't involve doctors!:biggrin:

So yes, I am very excited and ready to get on board and start partying! 3 more weeks!:yahoo:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Fingers (and toes crossed )Sonja, just keep on believing girl!!:THUMB:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonya, you're such an inspiration. If there was a BoneSmart Spirit Award, you'd certainly get my vote.

I have va-ca starting in 10 days. We've had such a long brutal winter and I've been in the house for most of it. I guess I'll be toting my ice packs, exercise ball, and CPM! But what the heck.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Jamie, this will be the first vacation that I have been on in over a year that doesn't involve doctors!:biggrin:

So yes, I am very excited and ready to get on board and start partying! 3 more weeks!:yahoo:

Ummmmm.....Sonja......we REALLY must have a training session for you regarding vacations!! They feature sun, sand, snow, mountains, parks, forests, babbling brooks, bustling cities, quirky shops, fancy restaurants, massages, golf, and more. They do NOT involve doctors in any way whatsoever :DOH:!!!

Here's hoping this is just the first of MANY wonderful vacations for you!!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Ummmmm.....Sonja......we REALLY must have a training session for you regarding vacations!! They feature sun, sand, snow, mountains, parks, forests, babbling brooks, bustling cities, quirky shops, fancy restaurants, massages, golf, and more. They do NOT involve doctors in any way whatsoever :DOH:!!!
:hysterical: Is that what I've been doing wrong? I thought a visit to the doctor was a "visit to paradise!":biggrin:
Here's hoping this is just the first of MANY wonderful vacations for you!!
Thank you so much! I am ready for some REAL vacations!:yes 4:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello Everyone!:biggrin:

Well I had my egd, or stomach scoped today. They found two ulcers and numerous polyps. They biopsied everything, and will have an answer on Wednesday. I knew something was wrong, I just didn't know what!

I am still looking forward to the cruise though. Nothing can stop me now!:biggrin:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Oh, Sonja! Surely not something else? God bless you.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja,
I am praying that you have a good report on the biopsy. Are the Ulcers treatable with medication/antibiotics?
No time to waste on getting that taken care of, don't want to have to bypass the good food on the cruise. Take care of yourself, we will be cruising with you in spirit.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello Everyone!:biggrin:

I went to PT today and Katie my PT said I was doing so well that it was time to increase several of the exercises that I was doing!:yahoo: My knee feels wonderful and I am still very happy!:biggrin:

20 more days until I am cruising!!!!:yes 4:

God is great all of the time! It doesn't matter if I am hurting or not, at least I know who I can lean on!:prayer1:



 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Just thought - Sonja, have you been tested for helicobacter pylori?
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Jo, they tested me when they did the egd. I don't know anything yet about my tests.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Howdy Everyone!:biggrin:

I went to PT today and had a great day! :yahoo:

My revision surgery is scheduled for April 13th!:biggrin:

Go on cruise, come back and work on PT for a week, then get a new knee! Priceless!:th_heehee:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

You'll have a better tan than anyone in the operating room, Sonja!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

You'll have a better tan than anyone in the operating room, Sonja!

I would except I am allergic to the sun!:rolleyespink:

Well today I got back the report on my ulcers and polyps. I do not have the h pylori.:biggrin:

They biospied some of the polyps and one of them came back as "suspicious".:skeptical: Sooooooo..... I get to go back and have another egd, to have all of polyps removed. They told me that they will go ahead and do the colonoscopy while I am out, since I have had precancerous polyps in the past.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Dang, Sonja!!! I hope this is quick and easy for you. You have enough to deal with right now! I'll be praying for you, hon.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Thanks Jamie!

My husband told me last night that he did not want me to go on the cruise because I would come back sick and not be able to have knee surgery. :sigh:

I thought about what he said but I told him tonight that I need a vacation that does not involve doctors before I go in for surgery.

These ulcers are causing quite a problem for me though, because I can't eat much without getting sick. We went out tonight and I ordered a steak, and three bites into it, I had a sudden attack and stopped eating.

I was at PT today and my knee was very sore. I think it was because they had me do the bike two days in a row and I overdid it.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Gosh Sonja, you are really going through it, what more can you suffer now. I'm with you all the way though, I think the cruise, providing you are well enough to enjoy it, will be really therapeutic to you, and you have been planning and looking forward to it for such a long time and with such enthusiasm.

I guess I can empathise with your hubby's concerns about it making you worse, and prolonging your surgery, but at the same time it could give you such a boost.

The decision is yours, and yours alone, you are the only person who can make that decision, and ultimately you will do what is right for you and your health. Hope you make it, and will be thinking of you visiting all those lovely places, looking forward to hearing a report of that when you return.

In the meantime, keep your pecker up, stay positive, and with God's help you will come through this, you know it!!:THUMB::flowerysmile:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja, I'll be praying for you. Please enjoy the cruise and don't think about your medical issues, as much as you can anyway, you do deserve a break.
Aretha, even though both sides of the Atlantic use the English language, it is sometimes surprising and amusing when we see phrases with totally different meanings i.e. "keep your pecker up":th_heehee: I was thinking, well that would be her husband.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom