Knee Infection* The Story of My Knees Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hallelujah! God is good all the time!


All the time, God is good. :doggieshmooze:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Great news Sonja - couldn't be better. Your good fortune is rubbing off on me too, as I have had a great week too, and a breakthrough with regards to the vice like grip - on other words its losing it!!!:yes 4:

Actually did 3 lots of 1/2 hour aqua aerobics Fri, Mon and Wed and looking forward to another session tomorrow. Next week I will be celebrating my 6 month anniversary, and have an appointment at the end of the month for my 6 month check up. Hope its a good one. Hardly taking any paracetamol now at all, in fact I can't remember when I last did!

Will be right with you for the next 24 days willing and encouraging you on to make that cruise. No doubt about it, God is really on your side again. Take care and stay positive. :yahoo:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Thanks Jo and Aretha!:biggrin:

I went into town and did a lot of walking today. Knee still feels great!:hapydancsmil: God is always there for me, sometimes I forget to thank him!

I feel so good, and I am ready!

Tomorrow is my one year anniversary of my left knee! It has been perfect through all of the mess!:happy dance:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

:thumb:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Ahem, pardon me while I clear my throat to sing:WINK1:

Happy Birthday New Knee,:cocktail_martini:
Happy Birthday New Knee,
Happy Birthday New Kneesie,
Happy Birthday New Knee!

You're one year old,
And you were told,
Healing comes in degrees,
You wondered, Why not NOW please!

But there was always a plan,
And away with it you ran!:happy dance:

So congratulations to my one year anniversary. This left knee has been chugging along with a few mild complaints when it has to shoulder the load.:loveshower:


 
Re: The Story of My Knees

:yes 4: Good on ya, Sonja (hey that rhymes!) and a happy birthday to those knees.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Cute, Sonja!!! You really must get your "good" knee to have a talk with that one that's a bit of a renegade sometimes.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

I sometimes wonder if the renegade knee isn't paying me back for all the mischief that I created for my parents when I was a kid!:hysterical:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

I am scheduled for an egd on Monday and they are going to use General Anethesia. I have had one before, and the doc that did it had me in pain the whole time. He also did a colonoscopy and I was in pain then too.

My new doc said because of some of my meds he did not think that Versed would help so he wanted to do GA. I am fine with that! I gagged and choked with the last one because he wasn't listening to his nurse tell him I needed more Versed to overcome the resistance!:tantrum2:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

egd :DOH: = for those of you (like me!) who didn't know, a gastroscopy or camera into the stomach, in other words!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

OK Sonja, its just something else to try you. You have gone through so much already I guess you take this in your stride!

Hope everythiong goes well and the results are good for you. Nothing is going to stop you going on holiday though, I just know it. By the way, what are they looking for?

Prayers and love going to you.:wubroses:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja, Sure hope everything goes alright. Did they keep you awake for your colonoscopy? I had one at 45 because my father has had several rounds of cancerous polyps. Mine was clear, but was asleep for the whole thing. Getting prepped the day before was the worse part, that and the noises that excaped on the way home afterwards.:snork:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Oral Harpic! Disgusting stuff! :LOLL:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja, Sure hope everything goes alright. Did they keep you awake for your colonoscopy? I had one at 45 because my father has had several rounds of cancerous polyps. Mine was clear, but was asleep for the whole thing. Getting prepped the day before was the worse part, that and the noises that excaped on the way home afterwards.:snork:

No, my now fired Doctor:snork:, kept me awake through the whole procedure! I was yelling that I was in pain and he said "it should'nt take much longer!:hissyfit: I wanted to give him a colonoscopy. I am supposed to have the lovely thing every 2 years because they found precancerous polyps. I haven't had one in several years but the new Doc promised I would be out!:biggrin:

I am having an egd because I am not able to hold any food down if I eat after 1:00 p.m. He isn't sure what is causing it.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonya, Hope it all goes smoothly.

It's nice to know I'm not the only one going from one doctor's office to another. I am overdue for a colonoscopy because the one last year showed a questionable slight growth, and I see my dentist about every three weeks to replace old fillings. I never know which tooth she's going to work on, or why. Then there's the well woman stuff I'm behind on.

What's crazy is with the knee thing, going to the dentist doesn't seem so bad. In fact, it makes me forget about my knee!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonya, Hope it all goes smoothly.

What's crazy is with the knee thing, going to the dentist doesn't seem so bad. In fact, it makes me forget about my knee!

Yes, I would rather be in the dentist's office anyday, than having a revision!:biggrin:

That's the way it goes though! My body tells me what to do these days!:rolleyespink:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

I'll be praying for all this to go smoothly for you, Sonja. God bless you, hon.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello Everyone!:biggrin:

I am so thankful!:yes 4: I am still walking almost normally with NO pain! Life is truly great right now, and I hope this is a great sign of things to come for my Cruise on March 27th!:egypt-dance:

I am so excited and I can hardly wait for my cruise! I asked my PTs if they thought I could skip surgery since I was doing so well.:th_heehee: Both of them smiled and said, No, you still need the revision.

The PTs are doing a fantastic job of strengthing my knee, and I am doing a fantastic job of providing the humor to go with the therapy.:hysterical:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Thank you Barb!:friends:
I am so excited and I am so thankful to God and everyone's prayers! Life is so great, and I am ready to cruise (or can you tell!):hysterical:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom