Knee Infection* The Story of My Knees Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello Everyone!:biggrin:

I had a great day today! I did vacuuming, washed clothes, and did dishes, and did not hurt!

My husband reminded me that I need to do more around the house, and then he refused to let my dogs come back from Mom's. He said it was either him or them.

I am working on staying positive and sometimes he makes it hard. I find that whenever we get into one of these "discussions", that I am on the losing end. He apologized, but the pain is still there.

I need to get back to my prayers, and my prayer partners! They know how to get me through the rough times.

I hope everyone is doing well. The cruise is still on, but my husband keeps reminding me that I shouldn't do anything that would compromise my health. It leaves little doubts in my mind.:sigh:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Oh Sonja, I am so sorry that your husband is giving you more pain and of course stress, he obviously doesn't understand the healing properties that animals have and also obviously doesn't love them the way that you do. It can't be doing you any good at all missing them like you do, and them missing you too I guess.:cry4:

Everyone wants you to make that cruise in the best possible shape so please stay positive and take care of yourself, go and enjoy your cruise, and then get the dogs back!!! :doggieshmooze:

Thinking of you.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Aretha,

I think that is why he is trying to keep my dogs away from me. He knows how much comfort they provide me and he really doesn't want me to go on this cruise if he was being honest! :no2:

He is in this "not caring about anything or anybody funk" and he doesn't care if I am happy or not at this point.

He took my computer away from me today and threatened to smash it because he said I needed to get off "my lazy butt.":tantrum2:

I have got to get back to the positive side or else things will start going down hill for me. He knows that when he lays on the stress, that I start getting sick, and I think he is trying to get me to give up on the cruise.


 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sorry Sonja, he sounds like the husband from hell right now! Must make you feel like this!:hairpulling:

Why on earth would you give up on the cruise, it would surely cost you a heck of a lot of money in cancellation fees, etc. and if anyone needs a holiday, you sure do!!!

As for taking your computer away, it beggars belief! Please please don't let him stress you out, and don't give up on your dream of the cruise either. Tell him HE can stay at home, and go on your own or take someone more supportive! There is such a short time now till you go, you can almost touch it, so continue your prayers - as we will, and hopefully you will make it. Can you not just go and get the dogs and bring them home with you?

Anyway, thinking about you, and crossing my fingers (and legs too if I could!) that it will all be OK for you. Take care and hang in there.:flowerysmile:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Oh, Sonja, I could just cry for you. To not have your dogs : (
I have two Maltese boys, Bob and Teddy... and if it were not for them some days I would have felt much worse. They lay down with me and comfort me and lick my tears away.
My husband is supportive and says " I understand" all the time. But how can he, REALLY understand? I feel like he has kind of "passive aggressive" anger with me... I annoy him very easily. I even wrote him an email at work today that I wish he would direct his frustration somewhere else. He wanted me to put a bunch of stuff together for taxes and stuff today but I have been awake in pain since 3 am. I usually make him coffee every morning but today I didn't cause I just could not stand up that long this morning. He said, "oh, it's ok" but then later when he asked about the tax stuff, I said "maybe we should just file for an extension, because I am not feeling well enough to do that." He mumbled something about taking care of it himself. I know and I feel bad. He works his butt off all day long and I sit here and do stuff on the computer, watch tv, nap, read if I can ( why is reading so hard why you are pain?) Anyway.. I am a 'lazy, useless, person' He does not say it but that it how I feel and I see 'looks of annoyance' from him. I never cook.. I can not go to the grocery store. I can not carry anything over 10 lbs... so the house is more disorganized as time goes by. My office has piles off papers on the floor.. in stacks because I can't sit for long periods and file stuff away and reorganize. My surgery and all it's complications came at a bad time, with my Dad's death, and I still have not probated the will. Anyway, I went from a responsible person to a disorganized person and this is not the woman he married BUT it is not our fault. Maybe they need to look at the for "better or worse" thing again... I don't know, but I have felt lately like he is going to explode... which it sounds like your husband has. Maybe we need a forum for our caregivers? I know because I have taken care of my parents for the past several years and you get burnt out. I think our husbands worry about us and get mad at situations that they can not control. It is not an excuse, cause I am feeling hurt by my husband too today. I just want you to know I know you are not lazy. You are working hard at recovering! I am sorry and wish he would let you have your dogs back. They are therapeutic -- really they are. But if you don't have a yard, it can be a problem. Luckily I can just let my dogs out the back door. Basically I just want you to know that I am on TEAM SONJA!!! I am sorry he is having a bad day.. but he should not take it out on you.. you have been thru enough! I am here for you! I feel your pain and I know how much it sucks to hurt physically and then be hurt emotionally on top of it. Hang in there!!! I wish I could do something more, but all I can say is I understand 100% and hopefully he will realize he is being a poop head. ( sorry sonja's husband but you are today!)
Your friend,
Paula
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja.....is your husband maybe off a medication he should be taking? This drastic change in behavior almost sounds like a chemical imbalance of some type.

Maybe he is a bit afraid of the trip himself because it will be so different from anything else you have done.

I'm grasping here, but whatever the reason for his behavior, you MUST not let it get to you. You have waited and worked to make this trip and you need to go.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello Everyone!:biggrin:

Thank you so much for all of the replies about my situation!:wub2:
Jamie, I don't think he took his diabetes meds, and he ate A LOT of sugary stuff yesterday! That might have something to do with it, because last night he apologized for his behavior.

I am back on track for the cruise, got my passport today and I am pumped!:yes 4: No, my husband is not going to stop me from enjoying myself and having the time of my life!:WINK1:

I will pick up my 2 dachshunds tomorrow from Mom's house!:happy dance:I really miss them and am glad that we are back on the same page when it comes to the things I need.

Today in PT, was the best I have had! Katie my PT noticed that my knee swelling is going down and we both celebrated that I could do so much without pain today!:dancy:

It seems that every so often I go through this mess with my husband. I know he is stressed about the way things have gone, but what about me! I am the one going through the most! :skeptical:


 
Re: The Story of My Knees

All I can say, Sonja, is that you are a rock. Hubby is so lucky to have you in his life. Don't worry...we'll be here to support you in those times when you need it.

Now hug the pups AND your passport. Happy days are here again.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja,
I am so happy he apologized and you are getting your dogs back! :happy dance:
I was really worried about you yesterday, and I know if my husband took away my dogs and my computer I would have been very upset to put it mildly. I am so thrilled you are back on track!
Parla
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hi Sonja

I to am so pleased to hear your news and happy that your hubby has had a change of heart. I guess this recovery is pretty hard on our hubbies, and stress affects lots of poeple in different ways, so its always difficult to criticise what other people do, but I am sure that when he realised that he was putting you under more stress than you deserved , that an about turn was necessary, and good on him!!

I was reading an article yesterday on how animals help with recovery with the following quote "Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened." This is oh so true!!!

Anyway, please continue to get better and better, and will be thinking of you, and praying that when the cruise does come round, you will both enjoy the peace and serenity that most cruises bring, and come back regenerated and ready for the next stage of your recovery.

Great news!! :yahoo:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello Everyone!:biggrin:

I went to PT and had lymph edema therapy and Katie was very impressed that my knee had not swollen from all of the exercise yesterday!:yahoo:

I am getting better despite the infection on the prosthesis!:yes 4: I am so excited and I haven't used my crutches in almost a week! The PT was very impressed. I asked if I could go down to 5 minutes on the bike instead of 7 since we were celebrating!:hysterical: She said, "I should up it to 9", and I decided that 7 wasn't so bad after all!:th_heehee:

I have been sitting here loving on my dogs. They sure do make a difference in my mood. They are so loving!:biggrin:


 
Re: The Story of My Knees

They do make a difference. I bet they will really be a blessing to you. :doggieshmooze:
parla
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

I forgot to say that the silly knee is even bending letting me do some heel to toe motions. I am loving life right now and oh that cruise is looking wonderful!

At this point I have almost forgotten that I have a "bad" knee that needs to be replaced!:happy dance:


 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja, remind me again....when in March do you leave for your cruise???
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja,
I am happy that things have turned around for you. I hope you really enjoy your cruise. Please have a discussion with your husband, realizing that what you are going through puts a stress on everyone, but you should not be his outlet. He needs to find a better way of releasing the stress without taking it out on you. You need to be in this together..
I am glad you got your dogs back, I would have a real tough time without mine.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello Everyone! :rolleyespink:

My knee is still doing fantastic!:yes 4:

I was not able to go PT today because I have developed an upper respiratory infection. My dear:skeptical: brother-in-law gave it to both my husband and I!:sigh: I told him to stay away but he swore he was better. Then I found out that he didn't bother taking the antibiotics that were prescribed to him!:hissyfit:

It makes me so mad because all he did was infect my husband and I due to his own stubbornness!


 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Grrrrr.....don't you just hate folks who try to pretend they aren't really sick when they ARE!!! Send him a postcard from the Caribbean and tell him you're glad he's not there :th_heehee:.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

That sounds like a great idea Jamie! My bro-in-law is one of the most stubborn people when it comes to taking medicine that I know! He thought the shot that they gave him at first was enough! I didn't know he didn't take the antibiotics, or I would have made sure he never entered the house! :gaah:

I can't protect myself in the general public, but I can inside my house!:biggrin:


 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello Everyone,

Ok I am going to have to keep this on the quiet side so my knee doesn't hear me.:WINK1:

It has been almost a week that I am walking without crutches or pain!:hapydancsmil:

I am so excited, and I know that I will be able to go on that cruise,
March 27th. 24 days and counting!:biggrin:

God is so good to me! I am so excited and ready to go! :happy dance:

 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom