Guest viewing is limited

Knee Infection* The Story of My Knees Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja, your ship will probably have an internet cafe that you can use. They are pretty common now. Many times the larger cruise lines even give you some free minutes to use online also when you board the ship. You'll have to check out all the nooks and crannies of the ship once you get onboard!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Oh yes!
[Bonesmart.org] The Story of My Knees Part 1
Quite forgot about that!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

It is a fairly new ship, so they probably will have an internet cafe! Thanks Jamie! No computer withdrawals!!!!:th_heehee: I think I will make it now!:wink::rolf:

Ok, my knee has decided to give a report tonight!
I went to PT today and behaved myself. Sonja was so happy with me that she didn't even think any bad thoughts about me during the whole PT session!:wink:
I think I will keep this up because she is so much nicer when I behave!:rolf:


 
Re: The Story of My Knees

That's an excellent report, Ms. Knee....now you continue to behave, ya'hear!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello Everyone!:snk:

Well, I am on a countdown to the cruise! Thirty-five days and counting!:whis:

Ok, my knee did such a great job of reporting last night that I am going to let it continue until it misbehaves again!

Hello, I had another great day! I moved around quite a bit and Sonja did not say one bad thing to me (which is quite an accomplishment for her.):sct: Please don't tell Sonja that I said that because she tends to get cranky when I speak ill of her!:rolf:
I told Sonja that I thought it was best if she used the crutches to keep me fresh for the cruise and she finally listened to me! (She tends to be a bit hard headed at times but I have ways of making her listen like no one else can!:wink:)


 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello Everyone!:whis:

Well I told you that I would let my knee report until it misbehaved..... well it won't be doing any reporting for awhile!:th_skeptical:

I went to PT today and everything went very well. I stayed afterwords to listen to one of the PT aides talk about some problems she is having in her life. (It was during their lunchtime.) I had my legs straight out on the table and when I got down 45 minutes later, my knee had locked up on me!:th_2hissy1:
I got back up on the table and they came and "unlocked" the kneecap and found out that the big muscle on the side of the quad was in spasms.:cry2: (I can't remember the name of the muscle.)
I hurt like crazy and tears streamed down my face. When will this end!!!!!!!!:th_sigh:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Oh, Sonja....I'm so sorry. Gosh, I guess you shouldn't sit with straight legs for a long period of time. I'm glad you're okay now!!! Now send that bad knee to its room with no television!!!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Jamie,

My knee is causing me mucho mucho pain at this moment! I even took a Norco 10 to no avail!:th_hate-shocked: The pain is killing me and I am back to thinking about cutting my own leg off right about now! It is almost 3:00 a.m. and I am up because the pain is too much to bear!


 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja, I really hope you get some relief. You've been through so much. I have spent many nights lately up at 3am but just sit in bed and watch TV. My German Shepherd looks at me Like, " are you Kidding me, it's 3am, you woke me from my dream, I was this close to catching that squirrel" She then gives a big sigh and faces away from me and dozes back off.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Oh my! You poor thing! How horrible. Is it easing yet?
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja, are you icing too? I hope so and I hope that by now the pain is starting to ease a little. Stay off your feet as much as possible and you'll get that knee back in line again. God bless you, hon....:th_hugzz:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja,
I am sorry to hear that your knee is causing you pain again you poor kid. I hope you can get some relief soon so that you can focus on your trip that you so deserve!! Thinking of you and get well wishes being sent your way.

((((Hugs))) Diane
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello Everyone!:snk:

Well, we traveled for 6 1/2 hours today and I iced the knee and it responded very well!:whis:

This knee has got me flummoxed! Just when I think I am ready to cut it off, it decides to become much better!:th_DOH: It's as if my knee can read my mind!:rolf:

I am in Dallas and I saw Jen's Mom (Nancy) tonight. She looks great! Her surgery was a great success and she is getting around pretty well with a walker.:snk:

Nancy was more concerned about my limping than she was about her leg. She is one fantastic lady. I am so glad I have met Jen and Nancy!:th_prayer2:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hi Sonja, you probably won't remember me, you posted on my thread a little while ago, and I have been reading your thread with fascination, and can't believe what you have gone through. I sat up last night till 2.am. as I wanted to know that you were OK and I now I feel so ashamed of getting myself in a tizzy over minor issued with my own knee, when you obviously have been through hell!!:cry1:

I really really hope that you are well enough to enjoy your cruise, I can't think of anyone who deserves it more, and I am so sure that God is on your side, and you will make it.

I had my RTKR on the 8th September last year, and the friend who had hers with me contracted MRSA in the hospital. This week nearly 5 months fon she is feeling achy all over, and has a migraine and no energy. Her left toes and leg is swollen, and today also her TKR leg was feeling swollen. They have given her antibiotics and she is going to the hospital on Monday for a blood test, and gets the results on Tuesday.

After reading your blog I am so frightened that she too has MRSA again, although I have not said anything to her, so I am praying for you and that you getting your well deserved cruise, and also for my friend Joan, who is 78 and lives on her own.

Can't wait to hear more from you, you are certainly one hell of a lady, and a real inspiration to us other Bone Smarties following your blog. Take care, RICE, RICE and more RICE Sonja. Love Rita :dogkiss:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Who couldn't remember you, Aretha! :thmb:

I do hope your friend is okay but sadly, it happens. Do keep us posted on her progress. We may not know her but now you've mentioned her, she's a BoneSmartie by proxy!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Thanks Jo!! I am trying to get her onto the site, but she's a real Newbie in computers, so a few more lessons down the line.......................
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Aretha, I'm sorry to hear your friend is having a bad time. Do tell her she has ALL the support of the BoneSmart family. Let us know how things go with her.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hi Sonja, you probably won't remember me, you posted on my thread a little while ago, and I have been reading your thread with fascination, and can't believe what you have gone through. I sat up last night till 2.am. as I wanted to know that you were OK and I now I feel so ashamed of getting myself in a tizzy over minor issued with my own knee, when you obviously have been through hell!! :cry:
Yes Aretha I do remember you! I hope you are doing better.
Thanks for taking the time to read my story! :biggrin:
I really really hope that you are well enough to enjoy your cruise, I can't think of anyone who deserves it more, and I am so sure that God is on your side, and you will make it.
I really want to go on the cruise. That is my "dangling carrot" to help me get through everything! :yes 4:
I had my RTKR on the 8th September last year, and the friend who had hers with me contracted MRSA in the hospital. This week nearly 5 months fon she is feeling achy all over, and has a migraine and no energy. Her left toes and leg is swollen, and today also her TKR leg was feeling swollen. They have given her antibiotics and she is going to the hospital on Monday for a blood test, and gets the results on Tuesday.
From the way you are describing how your friend is feeling, I am willing to bet that she has MRSA again. I had those symptoms so many times and they were always dead give aways. :hissyfit:
After reading your blog I am so frightened that she too has MRSA again, although I have not said anything to her, so I am praying for you and that you getting your well deserved cruise, and also for my friend Joan, who is 78 and lives on her own.
I will be praying for your friend, Joan. Fortunately, there are a lot of antibiotics out there that they can give her to help her feel better.:happy dance:
Can't wait to hear more from you, you are certainly one hell of a lady, and a real inspiration to us other Bone Smarties following your blog. Take care, RICE, RICE and more RICE Sonja. Love Rita :dogkiss:
Thank you for being so kind. Keep in touch!:biggrin:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Well we arrived home after a 7 hour trip today, and my knee is still happy.:happy dance:I am able to move it pretty good for the shape its in. I don't think it wants me to miss the cruise because my knee knows I will be crabby!:WINK1:

Thanks to everyone who has been following my story. I couldn't make it without all of you!:loveshower:

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom