Guest viewing is limited

Knee Infection* The Story of My Knees Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Story of My Knees

Oh, I definitely think it was beneficial for you to have a serious talk with him. Doctors are human and they can use constructive criticism as well as anyone. I'm glad he took your discussion that way and that you are both back on the same wavelength now.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja,
Is there any danger in causing another MRSA flair from aggrevating the abcess? I know you said it was islated to the implant, but with the pain and swelling and our bodies response and the ramp up of the immune system, are you risking another flair? I pray that doesn't happen as you so deserve your cruise and you deserve to spend it pain and MRSA free.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

The pain, oh the pain! I can't believe that an abscess can cause so much pain!
Can you just imagine that people have suffered from osteomyelitis for centuries and there was no antibiotics. The best and only treatment was to cut (without anaesthetic pre-1890s) into the leg to let the abscess drain! People would often opt to have the leg amputated just to get relief.

Even as late as the 1950s, we frequently had patients with tibial abscesses and only very primitive antibiotics. What a nightmare.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

True! One use internal and the other use external! Probably saved as many lives as early penicillin!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hi Everyone!:snk:

What was that I heard about Jack Daniel's as a pain killer? :rolf:

DayRunner, my immune system is full speed ahead so the abscess will not cause a MRSA infection. Plus, they have me on strong antibiotics and that helps.:wink:

The abscess is very painful, but Jo you are right! In the old days they had to do some drastic things to get rid of bone problems!
Thanks for reminding me that I am fortunate!:th_heehee:


 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello Everyone!

Shh! :sct: It is getting closer to my cruise and my crunchy, fire-breathing, knee let me walk on it without too much pain today!

I did PT, and then I went out and ran a lot of errands and the knee did not speak to me!:wink: That is a pretty big event for the amount of "running around that I did without crutches."

Now, people can still tell that I have a problem because I am limping as I walk, but at least the pain was gone for today! I am praying that this is the start of things to come !:th_prayer2:

 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Oh my gosh! That's some turn around, Sonja!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Thanks Jo!

Day 2, and the knee is a little hot, but nothing I can't handle!:wink: I am so excited that I can walk without pain! Life is so wonderful!

I am also excited about Jen's Mom (Nancy)!:th_yahoo: She did wonderful with her knee revision surgery today, and I am so happy.

Nancy has a tremendous faith in God also as well as Jen. They are such wonderful people and I am so glad I have had the chance to meet them!


 
Re: The Story of My Knees

I can only imagine! btw, you didn't tell us which was Jen and which her mom in the photo.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Well, Let's see the one at the left of the photo is Jen, then (Nancy) her Mom. Then me, and then (Leona) my Mom. My Mom turned 70 Feb. 10th and we celebrated in Dallas! :snk: She still runs circles around my sister and I. :whis:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello Everyone!:snk:

Well, someone let the word out to my knee about how good it was doing!:th_skeptical: I went to PT today and couldn't do anything except have Katie massage the ligaments behind the knee and ice the danged knee. So somehow it found out that it was supposed to be hurting and it resumed its pattern!:whis:

I sure do wish that I could just get it to quit swelling and hurting until the cruise is over, I am trying to bargain with my knee, but right now the knee isn't listening!:th_heehee:

I will be having knee revision surgery in early April, and I can't wait! I want to feel normal again!

Sorry, this is a pity party day! I will try to get "back on the wagon" tomorrow!:wink:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Try to rest as much as you can, Sonja. Just picture those waving palm trees and turquoise ocean waters......peace......
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Indeed! You deserve this holiday. You tell that knee to behave itself!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello Everyone!:snk:

Well my knee is feeling better and so I booked the flight for my cruise. My passport should arrive next week, and I need to finish off some last minute things for the cruise, but otherwise I am set!:th_yahoo:

No letting the knee talk me out of it now. I am going to go and enjoy myself, then come back and have the revision done and get started with the business of "celebrating the rest of my life!":egdnc:


 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hi Sonja,
I am so happy that you are going on your cruise, you so need this!! Enjoy yourself and relax you deserve it!

Best Regards,
Diane
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

You have a wonderful time and tell your knee to take a vacation!! Some ocean breezes, palm trees, beautiful beaches and some wonderful tropical cocktails should do just the trick!! No matter what, you have a lot of prayers coming your way and the trip will be fabulous !!!!!! You have so earned this.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Yes, I truly am excited about the cruise! :th_jumpy: I haven't been on one before, and I need the get away to clear my mind!:wink: I won't have internet access on the ship, so I will have to update everyone when I return.:th_yahoo: My sister and bro-in-law have already booked the entertainment for 6 of the nights, and I will have the rest of the time to do as I wish. (Of course, if my knee tells me no, I might be at the bar, looking at all of the "entertainment" around me, since my hubby won't go with me!):rolf:

Thank you everyone for the well wishes! I am just ready to get out and have some fun!





 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom