Knee Infection* The Story of My Knees Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Story of My Knees

I went to PT today and they couldn't believe the difference in my knee!:snk: I was even doing the "heel to toe" walking without much of a limp!:th_jumpy: When I was there the week before last, I was limping in, and had a hard time getting through all of the exercises. Today? No sweat!:wink: I told the assistant about the healing service and how God had healed me. She said that was fantastic, and she could really see a big difference in my leg! I will see "the pessimistic doctor that thinks my leg should be removed", but if he can't tell a big difference in the way I am walking and the way my leg looks then he will get the "boot"!:snk:

God is great, I am happy, and I am going on a cruise! Life doesn't get any better than this!:lvshwr:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

I love your attitude Sonja. God does work miracles and I am so happy for you. Good luck with your upcoming appointments.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Good to hear that you are doing better Sonja. I have just read through your thread and boy have you been through a lot! My heart goes out to you and your family and I hope you continue to feel better each day. Enjoy that cruise you really deserve that!

Best Regards,
Diane
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello Everyone!:snk:

Well........ I was feeling great yesterday, and then last night, the pain set in! I knew I had overdone it at PT but I just "felt so good!":wink: Well last night it was back to taking a pain pill so I would quit hurting.

Now you would think that I would elevate and ice my knee also, but no!!! Not me! I didn't want to get out of bed to get ice so I just waited for the pain pill to take hold! (No, I'm not hardheaded or anything!:rolf:)

I went to PT today and worked out again thinking I was heading for Dallas tomorrow. I had the lymph edema treatments after working out and that helped the pain.

Well, Texas is not known for snow and ice, but we received it today and will be getting more tonight and tomorrow. :th_skeptical: (My two dachshunds are very unhappy about the snow!:dogkiss: They like warm weather.):snk:

It has postponed my trip to Dallas and so I can continue PT.:whis:

Oh the joy's of life!:wink:

 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Ouch Sonja I feel for you. Do you take a pain pill before your therapy ? My OS suggested I do that so I can push further in my PT session but unfortunately I have to drive myself so I can't take it until I come home.

I hear you on the snow.......I live in Southern, NH and we have plenty and we have another storm tomorrow with 12-14 more inches!! Yuck. I know I would never think of Texas having to deal with snow that stinks for sure.

Anyway just wanted to say hello and hope that you feel better soon!

Diane
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hi Diane! :snk:

No, I try not to take a pill before therapy because I have to drive myself too. I would hate to get pulled over for driving crazy and not remembering why!:rolf:

Thank you so much for keeping up with me. This forum is such a lifesaver for so many people and I hope that by keeping this thread I am helping others avoid the mess I and my family are having to go through! As my husband said the other night, "It takes an emotional toll on everyone!" I have the physical pain, and I do run the gamut of emotions, but I forget sometimes how much it hurts the ones I love to see me going through all of this.

MRSA is a relentless foe for me, but God will help me win the battle!

One thing that I do want to reassure people about in terms of MRSA, it is not easily caught! If your immune system is compromised, you will be more likely to get it IF you come in contact with it. It is not about how many times you wash your hands; it is about any cuts or scrapes you might have if you come in contact with it.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

I am going to try to post a picture of my 3 phase bone scan. The right knee (the one on the left) is the one that is infected, and you will see it is lit up "like a Christmas tree!"

I thought people might like to see what an infected knee -vs- an non-infected knee looks like, so my left and right knees are both in the scan.:snk:


 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] The Story of My Knees Part 1
    3 phase bone scan 1-20-2011.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 196
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hi Sonja,
Yes just like you I can't take the pain meds before PT, I would be terrified to drive with that in my system. Of course it makes it harder for us to push ourselves in PT but we can only do so much. I am so sorry that you have to deal with MRSA that is so hard and my heart goes out to you. This forum has been a lifesaver for me too it is great to have so much support and information at our fingertips! I know what you mean and your husband is so right that this takes such an emotional toll on everyone involved but like you said God will help us through it! I hope you feel better soon.

Take care,
Diane
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Thanks Diane!

I will be keeping track of your recovery and I hope things start getting better for you! I found the BoneSmart group in 2009, and even though a lot of the names have changed, because those people are out living their lives, BoneSmart continues to thrive! It is the best place to find real information on the internet. We won't sugar-coat it (unless you want us to!) :th_heehee:

I am so thankful to have so many caring people out there to be with be whenever I need them. They notice when you aren't there also! It has become like a big family!:th_grouphug2:



 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Yes Sonja I could not agree more this forum is awesome! I discovered it when I first came home from the hospital and was so happy to know I was not alone. I hope you continue to feel better each day.:smile:

Diane
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Well, Sonja, life just keeps throwing you these curve balls and you just keep batting them back!
God has His hand on you, that's for sure!
[Bonesmart.org] The Story of My Knees Part 1
[Bonesmart.org] The Story of My Knees Part 1
[Bonesmart.org] The Story of My Knees Part 1
[Bonesmart.org] The Story of My Knees Part 1
[Bonesmart.org] The Story of My Knees Part 1
[Bonesmart.org] The Story of My Knees Part 1
[Bonesmart.org] The Story of My Knees Part 1
[Bonesmart.org] The Story of My Knees Part 1
[Bonesmart.org] The Story of My Knees Part 1
[Bonesmart.org] The Story of My Knees Part 1
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Well, Sonja, life just keeps throwing you these curve balls and you just keep batting them back!
God has His hand on you, that's for sure!
[Bonesmart.org] The Story of My Knees Part 1
[Bonesmart.org] The Story of My Knees Part 1
[Bonesmart.org] The Story of My Knees Part 1
[Bonesmart.org] The Story of My Knees Part 1
[Bonesmart.org] The Story of My Knees Part 1
[Bonesmart.org] The Story of My Knees Part 1
[Bonesmart.org] The Story of My Knees Part 1
[Bonesmart.org] The Story of My Knees Part 1
[Bonesmart.org] The Story of My Knees Part 1
[Bonesmart.org] The Story of My Knees Part 1

Yes Jo, I truly believe He does! I went to the nursing home to visit one of the ladies I met there. She told me how well I am walking and I told her I was going to PT to get ready for my cruise! She wanted me to walk with her out in the hall, and then she gave her final critique; "stand up tall while you walk, and you will do great!" The funny thing about it is she is about 75% blind. She can see shades she tells me, but she saw more today!:snk:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

She sees with her heart. And I bet her heart was full of joy today with your visit!!!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

She sees with her heart. And I bet her heart was full of joy today with your visit!!!

You are right Jamie! Denni does see "with her heart!" She has had a rough life and has started trusting me. She is "one in a million" and I know that God lead me to her!:snk:

My father-in-law gets upset when I spend time visiting others, but since Ronnie is doting on him, I don't worry about it!

I had to cancel my PT today due to snow and ice! This is TX! We are not supposed to have to worry about things like that!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Yes, I've heard the stories of how bad it is down in Texas!!! My family was from there and I know even a small dusting of snow is a big deal. Ice, I'm sure, is quite another matter for the public works departments.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Yes, I've heard the stories of how bad it is down in Texas!!! My family was from there and I know even a small dusting of snow is a big deal. Ice, I'm sure, is quite another matter for the public works departments.

Well my dad was from Montana, and he taught me to drive on snow and ice. The problem is there are a lot of Texans here that think they can speed along at 70 mph and then when they hit the brakes they can't understand why they lose control!:wink: I have to watch out for all of the other drivers and that gets a little old. It is much easier to stay inside and let them have the accidents.:th_skeptical:

I will be heading to Dallas on Tuesday to meet a new infection specialist that has joined the practice of Dr. Rueben's. I see him on Wednesday, see Maale on Thursday, and hopefully see Casas on Friday!:wink:

I will get to meet Jenn and her mother, Nancy in Dallas!:th_yahoo: Jenn is leaving Wednesday, so I will meet up with her Tuesday night hopefully!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

:th_heehee: I remember how Texans drive....70 if you must, but 80-85 is more normal......
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

:th_heehee: I remember how Texans drive....70 if you must, but 80-85 is more normal......
Jamie they actually go about 70 instead of their normal 80-85 during the ice storms. I got out this evening to watch a couple of pickups fly by me! They were going about 70!:th_heehee:


Jamie I remember your story about your mustang and keeping one foot on the gas and one on the brake so you could outrace the boys!
Were you going pretty fast at that time?:wink: Are you originally from TX?:rolf:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Well, since I would be starting out from a stop, it would take a while to get up to "going fast" when I was drag racing the boys. But I could get my Mustang up to 60 or 65 pretty quick. It would fishtail even sometimes. I was such a terror. My poor parents.....

I am from Texas originally. I still have family in Dallas and Wichita Falls. My mom was from Dallas and my dad from a little oil boom town near Wichita Falls.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom