Knee Infection* The Story of My Knees Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Story of My Knees

My PT called today and told me that since I have MRSA again, they had met and decided to stop the lymphedema therapy to avoid spreading the MRSA throughout my body. :th_hate-shocked:

Katie also suggested that I wait to do any more PT until Wednesday, when hopefully I would be feeling better. :snk: I was upset at first, but I realized that they are looking out for my best interest. I am working on my "danged":th_heehee: knee every time I get up! It gets so tight so fast!

I am back on Zyvox, the best antibotic for my body, and I can really tell a difference!:th_yahoo: I am feeling like standing and doing dishes, and going back and forth to let the dogs in and out!:wink:

Life is good again, and I am still planning on going on my cruise! :snk:


 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja your spirit and attitude is AMAZING !!!!! :bow:.This has definitely been a journey for you. I will keep you in my prayers.

Judy, thank you for the kind words!:snk: I do get "down" but I try to get back up quickly. I realize that there are a lot of people who have it worse than me, so I try not to have pity parties too often!

I also try to remember that as long as God is my pilot and I am just the co-pilot, that everything will be ok! Prayer produces miracles! I believe that with all of my heart!:th_prayer2:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello Everyone, :snk:

I went to see my original OS today because I cannot get in touch with the specialist anymore. (The "specialist" was the one who said he didn't think he could save my leg!):th_skeptical: Anyway, the OS is going to get in touch with Casas for me because he is the one who said that "we need to deal with my immune system to get rid of the MRSA!" :snk:

My PT had asked me to take a week off from PT and I was being so good,:whis: I felt so great.....:egdnc: so then I decided to go and do some stationary biking! Big mistake!:th_DOH: I now understand why they wanted me to take a week off! My friends, family, and husband, all say I am hardheaded, :snk: but I have no idea why they would say such a thing!:wink:


 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Gee, Sonja....I can't imagine why they would all say such a thing....:th_skeptical:...but that same hard head is the one that keeps your determination and positive attitude going strong. So I say....it's not so bad at all!!!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Gee, Sonja....I can't imagine why they would all say such a thing....:th_skeptical:...but that same hard head is the one that keeps your determination and positive attitude going strong. So I say....it's not so bad at all!!!

Thanks Jamie!:snk:

I am going to try to get into see Dr. Casas, so I can deal with the MRSA issue! If he turns me down, then I may end up going to the Mayo clinic in Minnesota with a friend who needs to figure out what is wrong with her.

 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja I hope you get some answers soon regarding your knee and the MRSA. You are such a sweet strong spirit and I think of you often and pray for your healing. Take care and keep that wonderful spirit of yours going.

Donna
LTKR 12/06/2010
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

:th_skeptical: Dr Casas won't talk to you any more? What's going on?
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

I finally got my reply from Dallas today. Dr. Maale's nurse called me and asked if I had the cd's from my white cell scans and bone scans. I told her yes, but that she knew that I wanted to see Dr. Casas, and she replied "you have to see the one who ordered them.":th_2hissy1: I am not pleased that I have to see him again, but then again I have a chance to let him know just how I feel instead of turning and running!:whis:

I have read through all of the scans and I am upset!:th_2hissy1: I was NEVER free from MRSA after the first scan, which means when Dr. Maale told me in November that I was "cured" and that he was just going to follow me every to months meant he was lying!:th_hate-shocked: I think it is strange how exactly two months later, he got his neck brace off and then told me he didn't think he could save my leg!:th_scratch:

He gave me false hope. The MRSA had just been beaten back to the metal, but my knee was still covered with MRSA and I didn't know until I read the report comparing these scans with the scans I had done several months ago!:th_sigh:

I have found a great revisionist that is willing to do a cement knee and 6 weeks later put in a new knee. :snk: I am not sure what I am going to do yet.

The tibial plate is pulling loose from the bone and I am having more pain so I will have to make a decision sometime in the near future.
First, I will head back to church, and go to a miracle prayer service! God is the greatest Physician of all!:th_prayer2:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja.....I am forever amazed at the strength you pull from deep within yourself to deal with these serious problems. You are amazing!! God bless you and I'll be praying for you. I know none of this is easy. Please let us know how things go. And be sure to come here for a hug any time you need one. We got 'em by the bushels for you!!!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

That's an inevitable consequence of infection, Sonja. The sludge created by the bugs destroys the implant/bone or cement/bone interface. I am so sorry.

I sincerely hope you are going let him have it with both barrels when you see him.
This was an awful thing to do to another human being, specially someone so desperate for answers.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sorry you are having such a tough time, Sonja. My prayers and thoughts are with you for sure. I'm sending a HUGE hug your way!!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

That's an inevitable consequence of infection, Sonja. The sludge created by the bugs destroys the implant/bone or cement/bone interface. I am so sorry.

I sincerely hope you are going let him have it with both barrels when you see him.
This was an awful thing to do to another human being, specially someone so desperate for answers.

Thanks Jo,

I didn't think about the "bugs" eating away the cement! That would explain part of the problem! I do deserve answers and I plan on getting them! I am going to have everything written down and given to him before he comes into the room, so he has time to read it. Then I will approach each point when he arrives! I am tired of the 2 minute visits and I want answers!:th_2tantrum2:

I am going to try to hold on to this knee until after the cruise. I have never been on a cruise, and by golly, I think I can make it on this knee!:wink: The pain isn't as bad since I started on Zyvox.:snk:

I went back to the rehab unit at the hospital and talked to the wonderful people there! They are great and they helped me out emotionally. I am going back to PT on Monday, and then on Wednesday, we head to Dallas. I am looking forward to meeting Jennifer and her Mom! :snk:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja I will pray that with the help of the new revisionist you will get the healing and success you deserve. You are so strong and have been through so much. I hope you have a restful and joy filled cruise. Hang in there and lots of hugs are coming you way. Take care and keep us posted.

Donna
12/06/2010
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja- I hope that you will be able to go on your cruise and enjoy - from reading all that you have gone through you really deserve it! Good luck.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

I went to the healing prayer service and I must say "God is so wonderful!" He takes care of me all of the time even when I am so down! :cry2: I literally felt the MS that I have been wrestling with for 12 years leave my body! :snk: My knee started working again also! I was on crutches because of the MRSA, but I was able to run up and down the aisles, and up and down the stairs!:th_yahoo:
Every time I get down, God reminds me who is really in charge! It is not the surgeons and not even me! (even though I keep thinking I am:wink:) It is GOD who is in charge at all times!


 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Beautiful post, Sonja.....God bless you, hon. I'm glad you're feeling good this evening.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Great testimony! God is good!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom