Knee Infection* The Story of My Knees Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Story of My Knees

RestAssured said:
One problem that I am having over and over again, is the kneecap keeps slipping out of place and then my leg gets quite painful. Jo or Jamie or anyone, do you have any idea of how I can get it to stay in place?

Strapping?
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

The knee is feeling tight and strange today. The kneecap hasn't slipped out of place the past 2 days so at least that is good. :egdnc: I have the white cell scan done again on Monday and Tuesday, and then a bonescan and a catscan done on Wednesday. After that I am supposed to see Dr. Maale, but I am still adamant that I need to switch to Dr. Casas!:th_2tantrum2: Dr. Maale and Casas are discussing it, to decide if I CAN switch, because Dr. Maale wants to do surgery at all costs on me! I will not let him even if I have to look elsewhere for a new specialist! They will lose me if they cannot agree to let me go back to Dr. Casas.:th_2hissy1:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Donna,

The Lymphedema treatment is the best part of therapy!:wink:
I sit back and relax, and the therapist takes their hands and fingers and opens the lymph glands right by the groin. You can find them in the crook of your leg. Then the start gently "brushing" with their hands starting at the top of my thigh all the way to the bottom of my foot. My PT said to do it at home use a paint brush so you will do it lightly. My skin has changed so much since they started and even the ugly looking scar from 2 surgeries is starting to go away! It is amazing!:th_yahoo:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Well, tomorrow is the start of testing again. Dr. Maale wants to see how much infection I have to see if he can "salvage" my leg. I will do the tests, but I will not see him again! I am going to have the white cell scan tomorrow and the next day. Then on Wednesday, it is on to having the bone scan and the ct scan run again. I don't mind having these redone because I can take them to whatever doctor I choose! :snk:

God healed me and so I fully expect that the scans will come up clean! I know that I need to rely on Jesus, and He will take care of the rest!:th_prayer2:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

I'm praying all is well for you, Sonja. I would have to believe it is because you seem to be feeling on top of the world. This is such a wonderful change from when you had the infection. You are one of the strongest and most determined people I know and I'm certain you are going to be able to see this through. ((((HUGS))))
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Jamie, I am feeling on top of the world!:th_yahoo: God has been so good to me and He is seeing me through all of the tests and other "stuff" that Dr. Maale ordered! I am extremely tired because of the way they do the white cell scan; spreading it out throughout the day, and then putting you through the machine for an hour!:th_DOH: The tech "taped" my feet together so they would not move during the scan, and I hurt so bad I could hardly stand it! My right leg is not yet "ready" to be in the "up" position for an hour and it killed me!:th_skeptical:

I go back tomorrow for another hour of scanning, but I have already figured out ways of making it more comfortable for my leg! :wink:


 
Re: The Story of My Knees

I am so tired of all of these tests! The white cell scan which ended up taking 3 days, and now tomorrow the bone scan. I have had a CT scan on the first day as well as x-rays. :th_skeptical:

I am going to glow with all of the radiation they are putting into my body, but one thing I guess I can say is, "I can walk and night because I
will "glow" and everyone will be able to see me!" :rolf:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Just think, Sonja.....you won't need a night light.....:rolf:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Just think, Sonja.....you won't need a night light.....:rolf:

:snk: You are correct Jamie! But then again, it is easier for my hubby to find me!:rolf:

 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Well....... Here we go again! My knee started filling up with fluid yesterday, but it wasn't hot. Today is another story. When I went to PT, my therapist told me that it was definitely worse than yesterday and that we should "just ice it" and do the stimulation today.:th_sigh:
I went and caught my favorite doctor's PA before she left for the day and she accessed my scans that I had done this past week. The results are showing "increased activity" in the knee again.

I try to have a lot of patience, but it is waning at this point!:th_skeptical: I am getting upset and now realize that this knee may have to be opened a third time and that I might even have to miss my CRUISE!!!!!!!:th_hate-shocked:

I am totally bummed right now, but I can say the bright spot is that they are not seeing any infection in the femur or other bones!:th_yahoo:

 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Oh no Sonja! Not again! I am most definitely going to keep you in my prayers. :th_prayer2:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hang in there Sonja! You are certainly in my thoughts and prayers as well. You are such a positive spark of beautiful light on this forum and we will help you keep that light shining brightly. Remember to take good care of yourself through all of this difficult time. God Bless. Maggie
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja....I'll be getting those prayers going again full speed for you. You don't deserve more problems, but.....if there is going to be "increased activity," as you well know it's better to go after it right away. Good luck, my friend!!!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja....I'll be getting those prayers going again full speed for you. You don't deserve more problems, but.....if there is going to be "increased activity," as you well know it's better to go after it right away. Good luck, my friend!!!


Jamie, I have already started back on Zyvox, the strongest antibotic that is used for MRSA. It has been a lifesaver for me!:wink:

I was so blessed yesterday! I went to PT, and Katie noticed the increased swelling and said to get to doc.

I called my doc that did the original surgery, and he was not "on call" this weekend, so my hubby said call Dr. Cochran's office, my original OS that doesn't do knee replacements.

His PA was seeing the last patient of the day and so I went over there and they saw me and put me on Zyvox. They were able to pull up all of my scans and they said the scans showed increased activity around the knee replacement. No infection in the femur or other bones was detected though!:th_yahoo:

As long as I rememb
er that God is my pilot and I am just the co-pilot, everything will be fine!:snk:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja I dont know what to say other than I am so sorry.:th_console:You have certainly been thru alot. I also will pray for you and your recovery.:th_prayer2:. I hope you can get a answer next week. I will keep checking in on you !!!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

I went into the bedroom and had a good cry,:cry2: feeling sorry for myself and then I came out and told my husband that I didn't want to have another knee replacement. He replied "I don't want you to go through another knee replacement either! But whatever happens, I will be here for you, as long as you don't push me away!" What a darling! He has been through all of this with me, and he is still supportive.:wink:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Awww....Sonja.....I'm so sorry you are feeling down. This is so much for anyone to go through...even a pillar of strength like you are!

You don't have to make this decision right now. Just focus on what is going on in the here and now. I know it's hard not to think ahead to the "what if's," but try to keep your mind in other places.

Mega ((((HUGS))))....
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

God bless you, sweetheart. You've been through so much and yet you can still be positive. You are my calender girl! :bow:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom