Knee Infection* The Story of My Knees Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Story of My Knees

I think a little trip to your surgeon would seem to be in order - if only for reassurance!

btw, Sonja, have you noticed the hit rate on this thread of yours? 24,488!!!!

Jo, I will see him on Monday!

No, I hadn't noticed the 24,488 views! Wow, I am honored! Thanks everyone for your support! You don't know how much it means to me!:D
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Thank you Judy!

It makes me smile to know that you care!:D

Yesterday, we had Thanksgiving dinner at my house with my husband, bro-in-law, and me. Pat, my hubby did all of the cooking! He is a wonderful chef!:D

Today, has been a little different. I thought we were all going to go to Mom's house for Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday (she is a nurse and had to work Thur and Fri).
Well, my sister came down with the flu, so she and her husband will not be there. So it looks like it will just be the 2 of us with Mom.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello Everyone!:D

I am still at Mom's today and the knee doesn't seem to mind the 2 1/2 trips like it used to!

The leg is actually starting to "let":ee: the scar tissue break apart. That is what is causing the knot that keeps forming on the side of my knee. I massage it, and the scar tissue breaks up.

I am so confident that I will be cruising in March, that I am filling out my passport application today!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

That's great! I am so pleased you're making this progress. It's about time! :wink:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja....I'm getting excited right along with you about the cruise. Get that paperwork in for your passport. Sometimes they can take a while and you don't want anything to mess up such a wonderful trip. You are going to have such fun!!!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello Everyone!

Yesterday I went to PT and a different PT worked on me. She massaged my knee worked a lot of the scar tissue loose that was in my knee!:cool: I feel so much better now, my knee gets better all of the time.:tada:

 
Re: The Story of My Knees

I have been reading along and am thrilled for you.

About your pt, I feel that was what was so useful for me. I do exercises and stretches but it is not the same, and I have lost rom since pt ran out. Oh well. Someday I hope to take a cruise, too. Where are you going?

3dogmom
rtkr 6/1/10. It's my 6 month anniversary!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Yay, Sonja! :jump:

I'm glad to hear things are going more positively for you!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hi Sonja, Glad to hear you had a good day at PT. I loved PT because I always felt better when I left. I went for 5 months and graduated 3 weeks ago. I was sorry when it was over.

3dogmom....congratulations on your 6 month anniversary. It will be 6 months for me next week. I find that I have gained rom since I finished up with PT. One thing that has helped is that I see a sports massage therapist once a week. He works on my IT band and all those thigh muscles like my hamstrings. I also ride my recumbent exercise bike a few times a week. I still do those darn heel slides, but in bed when I am reading. I hold the stretch for a few and then straighten my leg my leg. They have really helped.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello Everyone,

Thank you to all who have replied recently! You are all so sweet and you keep me going!:wink:

Well I went to see the original OS, the one who referred me to my original knee replacement OS. The knot by the side of the knee has returned, and he thinks it might be an abscess, or infection w/ MRSA. He told me to get in touch with the doctor who put in the knee and so I called his office.

When I called my OS, they said they were scheduling in January. I said "no", I have an emergency, and then they told me, well the Dr. went on vacation today and will not return until Tuesday!

They suggested that I go to the ER, but I am going to head back to Dr. Cochran's instead. He talked of doing a needle aspiration, but backed down. I would rather have him do it than someone at the ER!:skep:

So a temporary set back. PT was extremely painful today because of this danged lump. It is 9 cm long, 4 cm wide and 2 cm thick. It gets very painful when I am exercising even though I have taken pain meds.:cry:
Tears stream down my face, but I just keep on going because I know that it is the "lump" and not the knee!:pray:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

I'm sorry 3dogmom, we are cruising from Ft Lauderdale to Haiti, Cancun, and the Bahamas. The cruise is called Allure of the Seas. My left knee will be one year old by then!:wink:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Bless you, sweetheart. You don't need more of this. :pray:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Oh Sonja, it sounds so painful. I am sure once you get it aspirated you will feel better. Your cruise sounds wonderful and I am told that the ship is amazing. Our secretary at school went on it in October and had a fantastic time. I am sending good thoughts your way. Hope you feel better soon.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

I hope you can get this dealt with quickly, Sonja. Since your surgeon is not in, what is your plan?
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja, so sorry you have hit another area of concern. Wow, you sure do roll with the punches!! You are an inspiration for all of us here. When I think of what you have been through already, I can't imagine why I get worried about silly little irrelevant issues that I have from time to time. Your story puts in all into perspective for me. I feel so badly that your time just can't go smoothly from here on in. You certainly deserve that much.

Just know that I think about you often and you have been a ray of sunshine on this board for us all. You will continue in my thoughts and prayers.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Thank you everybody for your messages!:wink: "Ya'll" keep me going and I am so thankful for each of you!

Jamie, the knot started going down on its own. I had the same thing happen two weeks ago, and it went back down o n its own. When Mom (the Nurse) looked at it, she said that it was about 1/3 of the size that I had told her on the phone. Today, the pain is gone and it continues to shrink on its own!:whis:

I don't know if any of you have sleep apnea, but I do. I have been using a cpap machine for 13 years. It was working great until I lost a lot of weight. I didn't even think about it but I started falling asleep in my recliner, and while I was driving!:zzz::skep:

Yesterday, I went to have the machine checked, and she the RT found out that my pressures have lowered quite a bit and my auto cpap is not set up to continue at that low pressure. She told me she couldn't reset without approval from the doctor. Well the doctor only works until noon on Fridays, so I am out of luck until Monday! :doh:



 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom