Guest viewing is limited

Knee Infection* The Story of My Knees Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Story of My Knees

Can I ask everyone if you are taking part in
the survey at the top of the page?
You only have another week!
​
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Jo, I took the survey!:D

Today has been a breakthrough day for me! Oddly enough my LEFT knee is whining and my right knee feels pretty darned good!:wink: I guess My left knee decided it wasn't getting enough attention.

The knot that has been developing beside my right knee must have resulted from some type of bite or something.
An abcess opened up this morning and it started going down.

PT is going very well and I am blessed! :pray: What more could I want in my life!:wahey:
I am so thankful for all of the good times, because they sustain me through the tough times.:D
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja, just to be on the safe side since you have had such a history with that MRSA, it would seem to me you might want to go have your regular doctor take a look at that abcess. I'm not trying to scare you or anything, I just want you to be safe.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Jamie I am going to see the doctor tomorrow. I realize I can't be too careful! After all God provided the miracle, but he doesn't want me to bury my head in the sand assuming nothing else could ever happen!:D
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

:thmb::thmb:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Tried to post yest. but was kicked off!:skp: So, Hello Everyone!:D

I went to PT yesterday and had some very good results! When I walked in the PT announced that I was doing "so well" that he was adding more to challenge me!:hehe: I LOVE challenges and I am going to work towards my trip. My rom is up to 88 now and it is getting better all of the time now.:jump:

I have been granted one of the most amazing gifts of healing and I am not going to waste it sitting on the sideline! Life is too short to be unhappy!:D

Jamie, I saw the doctor, and he did x-rays and the "lump" has not invaded the knee! I am going to put warm compresses on it to try to draw whatever it is to the surface, and then I will see him again on Monday to take a sample if necessary to make sure it is not MRSA.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Good for you, Sonja. I think your careful watchfullness will see you through this little blip. I'm glad you are doing so well in therapy. Congratulations!!!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

I just have to say you are awe inspiring. I love your positive attitude with all that has been thrown at you. Many blessings on you and your recovery.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello All, :D

Suzanne, thank you so much for your kind words! I have had quite a journey, but all of the people at BoneSmart have helped make it so much easier!
When you find a group like this, it is so easy to be yourself, and look for a shoulder to cry on or someone to celebrate with you when you reach a milestone. We have all "been there, or will be there, done that, and got the t-shirt" :rotfl:

My doggone PT is a mess! He told me that I am doing so well that he keeps adding exercises for me to do. I told him if I knew that I would limp around more!:rotfl: I'm kidding of course, but it seems that my leg has decided it is ready to get back to going as fast as possible. My knee cap on the other hand isn't. The scar tissue around it is causing it to lose tracking, causing mucho pain when I am doing certain exercises.:shk:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Oh Sonja! We can't have that!
[Bonesmart.org] The Story of My Knees Part 1
You give that knee cap a good talking to, y'hear?
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja, be sure you take it easy with any exercises that result in pain like you described with your kneecap. You don't want to get inflammation and swelling going. It may be that your kneecap will "straighten up" a little once your other muscles get stronger. So do keep working on that. But stay away from those movements that cause pain.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

The PT is watching very closely and if he sees pain on my face, he stops me immediately! He works on getting it back to tracking and we stop that exercise. I am so pleased with him.

I was in a chair today that was low to the floor, and when I decided to get up the "danged knee" twisted!:shk:
Now, why do I do such things?

I have PT tomorrow!:skp: Wouldn't ya' know it!:wink:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Ohhhh.....I got a twinge of pain just reading your post. So sorry, Sonja!!!! Take it easy now and let it get better.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

So glad to hear that your leg is starting to behave itself. I like Josephine's idea of talking to it - think I'll try that with mine - lol. Have a great PT tomorrow.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello Everyone!:D

Jamie, I cancelled PT today after talking with the therapist. I am going to continue icing and resting it over the weekend. I don't want this to become a major setback! :skp:

I feel a little silly though that I can't "get" my knee to behave well enough by now to trust it!:hehe:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

It will come, Sonja. It just needs a bit more time.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello Everyone!:D

Ok first for my mantra for today (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation.) Repeat throughout the day until I can no longer hear Jamie or Jo saying RICE!:rotfl:

Next, watch some comedy on television that I have taped. They say laughter is good fo the soul and good belly laughs actually burn off calories!:wink: (I'm not sure if that counts if you are eating peppermint Hersey's kisses and drinking a Dr. Pepper while doing it though.):D

Anyway, I fell asleep in the recliner, and I think my brain is turning to mush!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Good job on resting your knee. Mmm Dr. Pepper and chocolate - great idea.
Take care of yourself.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja, that was a great way to spend the afternoon. You needed that mini-vacation and rest!!! Good for you. How is the knee feeling?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom