Guest viewing is limited

Knee Infection* The Story of My Knees Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello Everyone!:D

I have some great news! I went out to eat with my husband tonight and I did NOT need my crutches or my walker! I actually looked so normal walking, that the person at the cash register did not ask me if I needed someone to carry my tray (like they usually do!):hehe:
My knee gets sore after walking for awhile, but the improvements are getting better every day!:D I go tomorrow to get my blood checked for my infection rates. I am excited to see what they will be! I know they must be going down!:wink:

 
Re: The Story of My Knees

I'll say a special prayer for your test results, Sonja. I'm glad you had a good night out.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Thank you Jamie! Everyone has been so supportive and I just can't imagine what I would do if I didn't have my BoneSmart friends!:D

My husband is having fits of temper and I think part of it comes when he doesn't control his blood sugar. On the days that he eats right, I see a different person. Hospice wanted to put his Dad in a nursing home because my brother in law, Ronnie, is not capable of keeping up with all the basics of day to day life. I told hospice that I could not convince them, they would have to do it. Ronnie did not like it when they brought it up and told them he would take him back home.

I don't know if we will be moving to Tyler or not anymore. The two regions (the one he works for now, and the one that wants him) are in a fighting match trying to keep him and trying to get him. I am just staying neutral right now, I am more interested in getting well.:D

Even with all the stress that is swirling around me, I am remaining calm. I have faith:pray: on my side that all things work out for the best and that I will come out of this stronger and better than ever!:wink:

Several of my friends and I are getting together Friday night to have a healing prayer session!:D I am so excited and so ready to have two or more gathered in his name praying for me and laying hands on me. They are all strong Christians and this is part of their gift that God has given them! :D
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

A healing session of prayer - that sounds like a great idea!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Yes, Jo I am so excited about the healing session of prayer!:pray: My best friend is one of the people that is in the healing circle, and I am so excited!:D I know who the the greatest healer is, and God will always be there for me!

It is so nice to think that I am so blessed to have such great friends that will pray for me including all of my BoneSmart friends.

I realize that this operation is going to be so major, (the doctor has made sure that I understand that:wink:), up to the point that they may not be able to save my leg.

I am going to put my faith in God, and put the surgeon's skills in God's hands, and believe that the end result will be spectacular!:wahey:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja, you are always in my prayers also. This is a huge deal and I will be so glad when it is finally behind you. (((HUGS)))))
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Ditto what Jamie said!

(((((Hugs))))), Sonja!!!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello Everyone!:D

I tried to post yesterday, but my internet went down as I was sending the post!:shk:

I wanted to tell everyone about the amazing prayer session my friends held for me! I feel so much better, and I know that the infection is going to be going away when I see the dr. on Tuesday! I don't hurt in the joint area now. I can press very hard and it still doesn't hurt!:wink: I had to be careful before, because if I even "brushed" that area against something, I would want to cry!

I can tell something wonderful has happened in my life, whether it is the infection is completely gone, or the infection is under control and the surgeon has an easy surgery!:D

God is wonderful, and I know that whatever comes, He will be there for me!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

This is such great news, Sonja....I'm so happy for you.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello Everyone!!!!:D

I have some big news! Drum roll please.......:jump: God is working miracles in my life!

My revisionist had x-rays repeated while I was there on Tuesday, and he could NOT find ANY signs of INFECTION!!!!:wahey: I told him that God and prayers do wonderful things and he smiled.

He told me there would not be any need for surgery now, and that he would see me again in two months, (instead of two weeks), to follow my case.:wink:

When I saw the infection specialist today, he thought Dr. Maale had lost his mind! He said "your last c reactive protein was 21, and he wants to let you go?" He took more blood today, and will send the results to Dr. Maale and my doctor here. He said that they had always agreed on every patient, but that he was dumbfounded by Dr. Maale this time.

I didn't tell Dr. Rueben that God had healed me, I am waiting for the big hurrah when he sees the tests for himself!

Dr. Maale has been reading x-rays for 32 years, and when he turned around to face me after reading mine, his face registered disbelief! He spent several minutes looking at the x-rays before he talked to me. He couldn't believe what he was seeing!

God is so wonderful!:pray::D
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja, I pray that the good news holds for you. I suppose the real proof will be in the blood test and how things go for the next few weeks. Do one thing for me, though....please continue to take things easy for a while. Your body still needs to go slow after all it's been through.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Yay for you and your knee Sonja. I do believe in miracles!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello Everyone!:D

Jamie, I am taking it easy because I don't think my knee would have it any other way right now!:hehe: It is sore from the long trip (6 hours up on Monday, and 6 hours back yesterday!)

Dr. Maale wants me to get back to PT as he says my knee flexion is ONLY 80 right now!:skp: HMMM I wonder why that might be? I wonder if it could be because it was infected, and cut open twice?:rotfl: Nah, that couldn't be it could it!?:hehe::D

I am feeling pretty darn good right now!:wink: Life is looking up and God is so good to me. One thing that I noticed after the prayer meeting was that I could walk without it feeling like I had hot nails being driven up my femur every time I took a step.

I still have some pain issues but they are minor compared to the pain of infection. I have lost ROM, but as everyone has said it is just a number and it will increase after the rest of the swelling goes down. (Did I say that right Jamie and Jo?!:wink:)

Take care everyone, and remember, it does get better!:D
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Yep, Sonja....you are saying and doing JUST RIGHT!!! God DOES make miracles and the proof is in the result after your prayer meeting. I pray that you continue to be blessed in your recovery. It's so thrilling to hear that you can go back to therapy now. That will help you so much - mentally and physically.

I can't tell you how happy I am for you!!! :jump:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Thank you Jamie!:D

It is so nice to have great news for a change! I am still in awe of what God has done for me! To be able to see the light shining so brightly at the end of the tunnel is magnificent!:D :jump:

My life is changing in a grand way, and I feel that part of the reason is to share all that God has done for me to give hope to others! I feel so enlightened and "free" for the first time in a long time.:thmb:

Life is Grand! That God would take time to heal "me" is mindblowing. It is one of the greatest gifts I could ever receive!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom