Guest viewing is limited

Knee Infection* The Story of My Knees Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Story of My Knees

What an amazing testimony, Sonja! It is so great to hear the Joy in your words, after all these month of stress.

I am so very happy for you and that you now see that light so clearly at the end of your tunnel. Finally, have fun recuperating now and have a great day!!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello Everyone! :D

Let me say that the encouragement that I have received through BoneSmart has helped me get through the toughest time of my life! I have poured out my heart and have always had someone there to pick me up and get me going again!:cnsl:I haven't received the results of the blood work yet, but I still feel great!:lvros:
I KNOW there has been a big change in my life, I don't need to see the blood work, although I will still pick it up to affirm all I am feeling!:wink:

Today, we are going to put my father-in-law in a nursing home. My brother-in-law could not take care of him anymore.

My husband is finally getting some relief from the stress he has been under so life is better there also.

Sadly, we will not get to move to Tyler for at least another six months to a year, because the company wants his knowledge in this area. I think actually that might be the best move though, because by then I will be on my way towards complete healing in my knee!:D

The cruise I am going on is in March, and I have a lot of rehabbing to do so I can get ready have some fun!:hehe:

I am so ready to get out and have fun and start living again! Life is so wonderful, and I took it for granted until I became virtually housebound by the infection and the depression that had settled over me.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Great post, Sonja....your joy is really coming through in your words these days.

I agree that it's probably a real blessing that you won't be faced with a corporate move right now. You can handle that later once this is all behind you.

It's always a sad thing to have to put a family member into nursing care. But, it usually is better for everyone. That type of caregiving is so difficult. No one really understands until they have actually done it (sort of like joint replacement surgery!). It's a 24/7, never "off" job that totally consumes the caregiver's life. It is not something the family member would knowingly wish on someone they love. I hope your father-in-law will be close enough to family members so that they (and you) can visit frequently. That helps a lot.

I know you're looking forward to your cruise too. They are sooooo fun!!! Pamper time!!! March will be here before you know it!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello Everyone!:D

Jamie, the nursing home is 6 minutes from my house so I have plenty of time to visit him and lots of others that do not have any families that visit them. These kind elderly people just love for me to stop by and chat with them. I usually end up spending a couple of hours there, because I talk to everyone!:D

I started physical therapy yesterday and I have to say that this place is fantastic! They are very gentle, and they are working to get the knee cap to release from all of the scar tissue. By the end of the first session it had gone from frozen, to moving a little more freely. I had a PT working with me the whole time and he will continue to help me for the next eight weeks.

I am doing some exercises that I had never done before, but I can definitely see the benefits already. I am sore, but I can tell that my leg will be "alive and kicking" in no time. My ROM had fallen to 81, but it didn't seem to concern the PT. He said we were going to take it slowly and do it the right way.

God has made a wonderful difference in my life! I am ready to take on new challenges and become all that he created me to be!:D
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja, that is all such good news! Long may it continue.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

That's great news, Sonja!

I know what you mean about the folks in a nursing home. I did the same when my mother was in assisted living. So many people there had NO visitors. I saw my mom every day at least once...sometimes more. The people love it if you show some interest in them and it makes their day. I'm so happy you are doing that for them....paying it forward!!! Good for you. God is smiling on you!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Here's to the Maker and Creator. The One who uses adversity to make us into new creatures.

Happy for you Sonya
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello Everyone!:D

I am feeling pretty good, but I do have one major problem. The scar from my 2nd incison is starting to "bubble" and open up. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this or not. The top layer of skin is peeling off, leaving a painful sore underneath.

My Infection Specialist doctor changed my meds from Zyvox to dycoxocline (sp?) and I am throwing it up it up about 15 minutes after I take it. I am running a fever and I feel bad again. I don't know what to do right now. I guess I will call the IS tomorrow.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Smart woman you are....call dr in EARLY am. If you are throwing up the antibiotic, you are not getting an adequate serum level. Don't panic.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

I agree, Sonja. The doctor wants you to have that medicine in your body, so if you're losing it through vomiting, it's not doing you any good at all. Give him a call right away so that can get fixed.

What you're describing with your scar sounds more like a surface skin issue. It's not draining or anything, right? Have your GP check that out for you.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello Everyone!:D

I talked to my IS today and he switched my med to Bactrim DS. I have taken it before so as long as there isn't any MRSA it should do ok. It has never had any effect on MRSA in my body.

I am having strange things happening and I hope the Bactrim will get rid of them. I am having a cellulitis type attack starting from the bottom of my leg and moving up. Out to the side of the right knee a large oblong bump has appeared. The knee is very sore, but I expected that because of PT.

I want to sleep all of the time, and I am hot all of the time. I have a headache, and I am cranky, which isn't like me,(excluding my husband's opinion:rotfl:) unless MRSA has invaded again.:shk:

Please Lord, I don't need another round of MRSA!:pray::doh::skp:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Oh, I'm praying with you, Sonja. What a nightmare you are living. But I had an extraordinarily extreme episode of cellulitis in my leg once - forefoot to mid thigh - and it was painful. So painful I was taking codeine phosphate 60mgs with 2 paracetamol 3 times a day for it.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja,
I am praying, praying, praying for you. I hope this is only a minor setback and your miracle continues on a positve path.

Kathleen
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

I'm praying for you too, Sonja dear.....we want the GOOD things to continue!!!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

You are in my thoughts, I hadn't been here for a while and I stopped by your thread to see how you were doing. My absolute best positive thoughts for you.

3dogmom
RTKR 6/1/10
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Thanks Everyone!:D

The redness is going away at the bottom of my leg. Oddly enough Jo, when I had cellulitis the last time it started in the same place and it wasn't painful.

The knot beside my knee has continued to grow and spread. It doesn't hurt anymore unless I press on it.:doh:
So I have made an executive decision, no pressing on the knot!:rotfl::wink:

I am going to get in touch with the OS that is in my town on Monday and have him look at it to see what he thinks! He is an extremely intelligent doctor; it's just too bad he doesn't do knee replacements anymore.

Otherwise I am feeling much better today! Hope everyone else is also.:D
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

That sounds like a good plan, Sonja. I'm glad the redness is better.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Just checking in and letting you know I am thinking about you. Hope you go right back to doing really well again. Sounds like your physio is a real keeper. Take care and be sure to check things out with the doctor. Good luck. You're in my prayers.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

You're getting there, Sonja. Keep up the good work!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom