Knee Infection* The Story of My Knees Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Story of My Knees

That's a good suggestion, Natalie.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Natalie,

That is a great suggestion! I will ask hubby to take our video camera and make a virtual tour of the houses! I am so glad that I have so many wonderful friends on BoneSmart to help me think of suggestions!:D

I am feeling better today!:D I actually am taking Jo and Jamie's advice (but don't tell them):hehe: and I am elevating and icing my knee quite a bit now! I have noticed that the swelling is starting to subside, and I am getting some of the range of motion back!:jump: I am sleeping and resting more now, and not overdoing things. I told my hubby if I want to get well, I have to scale my life waaaaaay back. He agreed and he has been so helpful.:wink: I hope you are doing better Natalie!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

:thmb: I won't tell, Sonaj....:hehe:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello Everyone,:D

Today has been a pretty good day! I have RICE most of the day, and I can feel the results.:wink:

I am ready to get the next surgery over with! I know it will be painful, but hopefully it will close the knee chapter and let me get back to living!:D

I have a cruise scheduled in March, and by golly, I am going to be sailing away with my family!:D
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Good for you, Sonja. Please try and continue the RICE program....it will help you tremendously!!! Keep your eyes on that cruise!!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello Everyone,:D

Thanks Jamie, yes I will continue the RICE program. It is really helping and I am able to move around in my house without crutches or a walker!:jump: Big improvement! I am so excited! I am praying:pray: that the infection is going away due to the Zyvox and all of the prayers from everyone! If the SED rate keeps going down, it is a BIG plus for me.:D

The stiffness in the knee is getting better to where I can actually bend the right leg again.

I am so optimistic that my infection rates will continue to go down. That it will make it a lot easier for the dr. to do the surgery, without having to take so much bone from the femur!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

I'm hoping right along with you, Sonja .....
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello Everyone!:D

Today has been GREAT! I have not had much pain at all and the stiffness is almost gone! I am still RICEing and of course I am on antibotics, but I feel so much different. I am getting back some of my spunk that was starting to go by the wayside and it feels wonderful! :wink: I have spent the past 4 days at my Mom's house, and will be heading home tomorrow. My crutches "have been holding up a wall" for the past two days, and my walker has not left my car since I arrived here 4 days ago.:D
I am no longer worried! I saw the post that Barb had written that said something like "worry ends when faith begins", and that is the way I am feeling now. God is the greatest healer of all, so why am I worried? He will guide the surgeon's hands, and the results will be fantastic!:D
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja, my dear good woman - your post really warmed the cockles of my heart! You sound so much more positive and hopeful. See what good quality rest can do for you? Keep it up, sweetheart! You'll get there!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

I agree, Sonja. It's so wonderful to hear you sounding bright and sunny. Do be careful, though, not to allow yourself to get as worn out as you were a few weeks ago. The rest gives you the strength you need to get through your next challenges...it is SO critical.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hi Sonja glad you are a bit better. Do as Jo and Jamie say ...rest ...rest ...rest I think I pushed too hard the first time and took unnecessary risks and see were it got me. Back in theatre. Take care and don't do too much, your recovery will be shorter in the end. I've put off my house hunting till next year now.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello Everyone,:D

I am still "running" :hehe: around without the need of aides.

I have something strange that is going on with me though. I am "hearing":skp: music at different times when there isn't any playing! It has happened several times when we were lying in bed, and I would ask my husband if he had forgotten to turn off music from his computer. He would look at me and say, "I didn't have any music on!" Tonight, before we went to dinner, he was in another room with the door shut and when he came out I asked him what radio station he had been listening to. He looked at me and said that he didn't have a radio on! I said I heard hard rock, and he said "you know I don't listen to hard rock."

This is baffling me. My eyesight has been messed up since I started the Zyvox, and I am wondering if it is affecting my hearing also?:shk:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Zyvox is reported to have vision changes including decreased or blurred vision, changes in color vision or loss of vision as side effects but not delusions! :wink:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Well, what can I blame the music on then?! Certainly not me!:rotfl: I find it strange that I can hear stuff! LOL
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom