THR The sequel of Sequin 1998<

Hang in there, @sequin98! Glad to hear you are muddling through.

How is that tiger tail roller working on your quad? Mine is so tight, sore, and continues to spasm. I do have a foam roller, but have been thinking it could be way too intense and possibly counter-productive at this stage. I gently massage a couple times a day, but mostly just ice A LOT :ice::ice::ice: Let me know if you get good results from the roller.

Hope you have a restful night!
 
I think the tiger tail helped a lot, once I remembered I had it. I like that you can sit in a chair and use it,not like a foam roller. I had a better sleep last night, fewer cramps, but I did have the monthly period cramp-and I am using heat for that. I am only happy that I did not get my period the same day as my surgury.
 
Good info, thanks @sequin98! Just put a tiger tail roller in my Amazon cart... it seems like it would help!

Sorry about the period cramps... ugh, just what you need, right?? Hope you continue to get good sleep, and that you are feeling better every day!
 
Good info, thanks @sequin98! Just put a tiger tail roller in my Amazon cart... it seems like it would help!

Sorry about the period cramps... ugh, just what you need, right?? Hope you continue to get good sleep, and that you are feeling better every day!
Excellent purchase!
silly question...those precautions are only for my op leg?
 
With precautions and op vs. non-op leg - take a look at golfers pick up. I do this to get the dog dishes up. It’s not something I would have tried until recently as I’ve gotten stronger. I’m basically breaking precautious on non-op leg while maintaining them on op leg. Hope that makes sense. I also use my non-op leg as a lever when getting into bed or into a car.
 
@sequin98 are you elevating? Also what is your pain level like? Are you staying ahead of your pain with the meds? You’re going to have some swelling for awhile, and some people swell more than others. If you’re elevating and taking your pain meds, and not overdoing it on your feet, don’t worry unless the swelling is getting worse. If the swelling and/or pain is increasing I’d call your doctors office and see what they have to say.

Let us know how you make out. I hope you start seeing an improvement soon.
 
You're funny....a marshmallow :heehee: Just in time for Easter, you can be a Peeps!

AJinNH gave some great advice above if you're talking about the normal swelling
that goes along with the process. It can be annoying...just keep icing and elevating.
Hopefully your recovery is going well, your pain is controlled and you're resting comfortably.
Wishing you a peaceful weekend! @sequin98
 
@sequin98 - yum, marshmallows! But not so great in our legs, huh? :heehee:

I had so much swelling in my hip and thigh, I didn’t know where to put the ice! It was frightening to me. Then the swelling started migrating further down my leg til my knee was HUGE. Only the compression sock kept it from moving any further south. And I was icing some part of my leg almost non-stop. My swelling subsided a LOT during week 2, though it made a return when I overdid it one day... i’m still icing any time I am sitting. In addition to icing and elevating, keep drinking your water and make sure to get up and walk a little every hour or so.

Hope you are feeling better otherwise. Good luck with getting the staples out! :)
 
Really early days dear Sequin. Hopefully all will begin easing soon.
Ugh for Peeps! Yay for jelly beans and chocolate bunnies.
Hope weekend is sweet!
 
Last edited:
since my surgery my feet (soles) feel like they are on fire. this happens when I am sleeping...I am not diabetic, so that is out. Anyone else?

bah..hydromorphone side effect. tramadol all the way now!!
 
Glad you got that figured out.
Hope all gets easier very soon.
 
Glad you figured it out quickly @sequin98 . Hopefully you’ll be feeling better soon.
 
I am still walking around the house and doing my exercises..gotta kill it!
 
Back
Top Bottom