Guest viewing is limited

THR The sequel of Sequin 1998<

Have you been icing your op leg? That tightness is swelling. Ice will help. Very gentle stretches will also help.
 
I hope things progress and you’re able to go home soon. You may find that stairs aren’t as difficult as you think. Going up the stairs with a crutch when I got home was easier than I anticipated. Just take it slow and deliberate. Your body is still reacting to the surgery, hopefully the RLS will go away soon. I suspect it’s temporary. Try to stay positive, it helps with healing.
Sending hugs and healing thoughts :console2:
 
I'm pretty sure we all had RLS after THR even if we didn't before.
They just won't be still:groan:
Healing hugs @sequin98 :friends:

I had the same thing for almost 2 weeks...legs ached and the need and urge to constantly move them. Once the percocet took affect I got sleepy and the ache diminished (I probably should have taken more but didn't like the side effects).
 
Hi @sequin98 :wave:

Oh, I can so relate to where you are! (I am just 5 days ahead of you.) All that tightness had me really freaked out. Fast-forward to day 8 post-op and it is finally starting to loosen up just a little. Hang in there!!

Hope they can help your RLS - that’s a bear!

Will keep an eye on your thread for updates, my friend from the dysplasia club!
 
Yay for going home...:yahoo:
I know how tough this is, sequin, but all temporary.
You will be able to find a way to get more comfortable at home and we are all there to keep you company.:ice:
 
Hip, Hip Hooray!
They're setting you free today.
Safe travels and I hope you enjoy your first day back home.
A peaceful weekend to you! @sequin98
 
Getting dressed can be a lot of work. So can showering. I had to take a nap after every shower at first. It was exhausting. You’ll get there. Hope you get settled in ok at home. :)
 
Just got home, and I realized I could not bend down to pet my cats, who were crying when they saw me. I look forward to a good night's sleep.
 
Welcome home. If your cats are like mine - they will quickly realise you are in healing mode and be a great comfort. Hope you get some rest!
 
For some reason I can feel thr staples when I lay in my bed. I didnt feel them in the hospital...they took the dressing off a few days ago
 
Glad you are home. I have always found staples annoying. You may notice them more if you are laying flatter in your bed.
 
Numbness dissipating probably makes staples more noticeable also.
Hang in there, sequin. Keep ice on there all you can.:ice:
These are the tough days.
Thinking of you:console2:
 
Thank you. I just wish these leg cramps/RLS would take a hike!
 
Try magnesium. You’d be amazed. Read up on dr Dean the magnesium miracle. My good friends hubby has rls and had really bad cramps working in yard last summer. I told my daughter to go home and get my liquid magnesium bottle. Told him to take it per instructions. He was amazed. No more muscle cramps and no much or any rls symptoms. It’s a cheap and easy try.
Feel better.
 
I have been taking a lot of Mag. since it started. I always took a mag supp, but had to stop 2 weeks prior to surg
 
Hi @sequin98
Sorry about the pesky RLS and leg cramps.
Wondering if that's what you took the Magnesium for pre-op and whether it was of benefit?
If you've been off it for a time, possibly it needs to build in your system once again...

It's great for so many things:
Supports bone health
Supports muscle relaxation and nerves
Promotes healthy sleep (falling asleep and staying asleep)
Supports cardiovascular health
Supports healthy blood sugar

Check out this article.
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/magnesium-is-a-star.20301/

I hope you're doing well otherwise and this soon resolves.
Wishing you a great week as you continue healing!
 
Back
Top Bottom