THR The sequel of Sequin 1998<

Hope all eases soon. Leg went through alot...hope today is a better day.
Hugs and healing mojo coming your way.
 
I had a better sleep. Applied heat and ate a bananna. I did have nightmares about dislocation. over paranoid is not a bad thing...right?
 
@sequin98 Do you have post op restrictions? Doesn't necessarily matter but please don't worry. That new hip will let you know immediately if you have moved wrong. I had no restrictions post RTHR but still followed the 90 degree rule just because my new hip didn't want to move too far.
 
I do have 90degree rule, I might be taking too small steps when I turn. My non op leg can do whatever?

Is it common to feel that the incision is pulling?
 
Hi @sequin98
Yes, pulling, burning, warmth, prickly sensations, numbness and probably more. I recall them all.
They come and go....usually short lived. I'm sure you were instructed on what to watch for.
Try not to worry and just move slowly, carefully. If something hurts....STOP.
You're going to do great! Wishing you a relaxing night.
 
I find heat to help with the cramping. I still ice too....just checking-doing both is OK?
 
Where do you use the heat? I’ve read of people using both, I’ve only ever used ice. Keep up with the icing though there’s internal healing going on for a good few months.
 
Last edited:
Good Morning, @sequin98
I've read the same here....somewhere? Do not use heat.
Hope your day is great!
 
I'm not a medical professional but I'd keep heat away from the area for now.
What hikejunkie offered rang a bell. I know I've read before to avoid heat
and I do believe the reason was as she mentioned, it can increase swelling.
I'm sure the area is already swollen. Isn't ice helping?
@sequin98
 
@sequin98 have you tried massaging the areas? That always seems to help when I’ve had cramping. I agree with not using heat. I’d try massaging periodically and see if that helps to lessen the cramps.
 
@sequin98 - I don’t have much in the way of advice for you, since I am still working through all these crazy pains, strains, and spasms myself. But wanted to wish you well on your recovery. Hope you are feeling better soon!
:flwrysmile:
 
Good on the magnesium. If it isn’t helping I’d suggest adding in potassium. The banana you ate was a good idea - did it help? My Mom used to get spasms in her calves. Adding in potassium and doing calf stretches (stand on tip toes, release, repeat) helped.
 
@sequin98 The advice on using heat here is do not use heat on your incision or op side. Is your RLS on the op leg?
 
It is, and has evolved to a spasm. I will be trying massage and drinking gatorade
 
I am stil elevating and icing. my diet is bannanas, gatorate and pumpkin seeds. I am using my tiger tail on my quad to try to roll it out.....throwing everything at it.
Thank you all for your kind words and help.
 
Back
Top Bottom