Bilateral TKR The Historian - recovery diary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I am back home at last been caravanning all summer,i have walked, swam and cycled more than I have done for years .Yes I do feel clumsier on uneven ground or going from one level to another even stepping of kerbs I sometimes seem to miss my foot,and kneeling down to put my pegs in tent is rubbish but maybe this is just something to put up with for increased mobility,and walking down hill has not got any better as well but I can walk up faster odd or what.Well knee has a lot off jobs to catch up on before winter as well as swimming and biking before next holiday Retirement is great should be compulsory a bit younger might save nhs spending on tkr or hip ops as much.
 
It is hard to say if clumsier, with the bad knees I was always a bit off since I did not trust them. Now, I just worry as I had the one knee done that I do not cause any harm to it and lose what I have gained. Now with the second knee done I keep telling myself I will have to get over it and live my life once I recover and heal. Planning on biking next spring and summer and enjoying walking in the fields though I think I will use some walking sticks just for extra balance and make sure with the uneven ground and hills I can enjoy the walk more especially the down hills.
 
https://atasteforthewoods.blogspot.com/2013/10/pole-steeple-october-2013.html

[Bonesmart.org] The Historian - recovery diary
 
BTW, I did a ride this summer with a guy who had a knee and hip replaced. So there was only one natural knee between us.

[Bonesmart.org] The Historian - recovery diary
 
[Bonesmart.org] The Historian - recovery diary
I saw this and immediately thought of you Neil. I always enjoy your blog (your writing is excellent--clear, concise, just descriptive enough, and always interesting and your pics are outstanding). You are such a trouper and so positive which I really admire.

Take care, keep on hiking, and keep us updated 'cause you know we care.
 
Love the lamp, the movie and your blog. Congratulations on changing your life and your weight loss! You have indeed earned the "major award."


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Congratulations on your 2 year anniversary! Glad to see you have your life back.
 
Awesome pics!!! Look at you doing just about everything imaginable!! :goodpost:
 
Yes, and look at those beautiful knees! And for the first time in my life I can put my feet together!

[Bonesmart.org] The Historian - recovery diary


[Bonesmart.org] The Historian - recovery diary


[Bonesmart.org] The Historian - recovery diary
 
BTW I hope some of the new folks here aren't deterred by the high post count to the thread. Its been a tough two years in some ways, but they've also been some of the best years of my life. I DID get my life back. And folks who just had their surgery might want to see that as a reminder that they too will have such an improvement.
 
That is a great post and a tremendous accomplishment! You are doing awesome!

People going through the dark days of recovery need to read of what you have done and see the "light at the end of the tunnel"---that they, too, will be able to do what they want, jusst like you have done!
 
Great to hear from you and such fantastic pics! You and I both are enjoying being back outdoors doing what we enjoy. But it did take us both quite some time to get to where we are but boy oh boy it was so worth it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom