Bilateral TKR The Historian - recovery diary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happened again this morning. Two fistfuls of the stuff, clear with no discoloration at all. 'm breathing better but I'm grossed out.

I wonder if its because I'm pretty sedentary at the moment? One danger of being sedentary or bedbound is that fluid collects in the lungs. Eating generally means I'm active and upright.

Well, it's got to be a good thing, right?
 
Could it simply be that your body is just not ready for all the activity your mind is ready for? Healing is still going on and is still sapping a lot of your body's energy. May be that you are going to have to slow back down and rest more.

Not what you wanted to hear, I'm sure. Oh, and congrats on taking those steps two at a time--even if I could, my legs are so short that it would be a real strain:th_heehee:.

Take care, keep us posted. You know we care.
 
Could it simply be that your body is just not ready for all the activity your mind is ready for? Healing is still going on and is still sapping a lot of your body's energy. May be that you are going to have to slow back down and rest more.

Not what you wanted to hear, I'm sure. Oh, and congrats on taking those steps two at a time--even if I could, my legs are so short that it would be a real strain:th_heehee:.

Take care, keep us posted. You know we care.

I spent all day napping. :cry::cry:
 
OK, better day today. Back to work at night, and I had a good time. Even my right foot was less swollen than usual. Whatever digestive bug I had over the weekend seems to have passed.

Wondering what I'll be doing on my vacation the end of next month. Original plan was to drive to Ohio for cycling, but that might be too much too soon. Perhaps I should plan something less ambitious closer to home. Thoughts?
 
Perhaps an easy walk through a forest? Glad you got over the digestive bug...
 
Felt like awful yesterday and joints felt swollen. I was very tired when I got home from work and fell asleep soon after. I've done little but doze all day today.
 
We had a record high of 98* Monday and yesterday it cooled to the mid 50s, and lots of wind and some rain. Today, 39* and topped at 60... It will get warmer this weekend. And maybe some rain. I'll be surprised if I don't catch a cold! And of course, its summer, so I refuse to wear long pants. I can wear shorts to work, and I have been in shorts with it snowing.
 
We had a record high of 98* Monday and yesterday it cooled to the mid 50s, and lots of wind and some rain. Today, 39* and topped at 60... It will get warmer this weekend. And maybe some rain. I'll be surprised if I don't catch a cold! And of course, its summer, so I refuse to wear long pants. I can wear shorts to work, and I have been in shorts with it snowing.

Did I ever tell you I hate you? :hissyfit:
 
I think my depression, lethargy, and fatigue are passing as I become adjusted to getting back to work, and my life begins to resume its previous pattern. I made a mistake at work tonight, a minor one, but it was from an attention lapse. However, I think I'm still on track to return to work full time last week of the month.

Meanwhile, I think I might have found a way to camp that doesn't involve my being on the ground. I can sleep in the back of my wagon/SUV. Now to figure out how to turn a KIA Rondo into a camper..... suggestions?
 
Good to hear your mood and energy are on the up and that you are adjusting well to work.

Don't have a clue about how to turn SUV to a camper---sorry.

Oh, I've had my had slapped, too. You are not alone. And you know I love ya!
 
Neil, there are various models of SUV tents out there. A couple years back, I bought a bunch of tents from a guy that buys closeout stuff. I gave one to my son, and the third to a good friend. Anyway, its not a heavy duty use every weekend tent. But is good for setting up behind my Jeep (meaning you won't be running the vehicle for warmth), and it has a flap that straps around the back of the Jeep with the tailgate up. Keep all your stuff in the SUV and sleep on the ground, or toss everything into the tent and sleep in the SUV. For what I paid, we received a great amount of value from it.

[Bonesmart.org] The Historian - recovery diary

The floor is a bit lightweight and really needs a good tarp under it. But its nice to have some privacy when changing clothes. We also have one of the "PeepeeTeepee" sort of tent for doing your business in, if you carry a portable toilet sort of thing with you.:secretaea: Yes, our English Mastiff is huge:doggieshmooze:, my wife is 5'10" for reference.:friends:

For longer weekend use, we also have a much larger 10'x14' tent. Heavier duty, more space and its an easy setup type. Takes less than 3 minutes to setup. By myself.

I really think your general mood will return as you find yourself doing more and more and things getting to a new normal.
 
Did I ever tell you I hate you? :hissyfit:

At least I've got the legs for it...:wink1: Oh yeah, a reminder when you are out this summer... Your scars are going to sunburn much faster than you expect. Something to consider. On the other hand, they will provide a very bright contrast to the rest of your leg, so people won't miss that you have had knee surgery!:snork:
 
I took a fall last night, at work, in the men's room. I caught myself on a railing before I hit the ground. I was more shaken than hurt.
 
Oooooooooooooooooh--so glad you didn't hit the floor. It's that balance thingy, I guess. Please take care, all you need now is a broken arm or something. The knees would come out on top without a scratch--but the rest of you could be in big trouble.

This is why they tell us it takes up to a year to fully recover. It really is a whole body thing.
 
outfit looks good ,i have caravan in uk ,been to us twice florida caravan over there i could put my car and van inside of them that big,only been 8 days since op but cant wait to be able to drive,but we have normal car all us seem to be auto so may take a bit longer before can use clutch and brake but our weather now is rain rain and strong wind so no rush plus am golden oldie dont have to work sorry to rub that in good luck to you
 
Richard, not all our cars are automatics. But we do seem to have a decreasing percentage of sticks available each year. Our trailer campers do get quite large indeed, folks just can't do without all their creature comforts.

Neil, I have slept in my Jeep on numerous occassions, and believe I will a lot more. With and without the tent.
 
Oooooooooooooooooh--so glad you didn't hit the floor. It's that balance thingy, I guess. Please take care, all you need now is a broken arm or something. The knees would come out on top without a scratch--but the rest of you could be in big trouble.

This is why they tell us it takes up to a year to fully recover. It really is a whole body thing.

That and a wet floor that wasn't signed as "wet floor." Working nights means working at the same time the cleaning crew does their thing. Staff during the day doesn't have this problem.

I had what I figure is a delayed stress reaction Saturday - I was stiff in my shoulders and back. I feel a bit better this morning. Going to go out later just for the sake of going out.
 
Know about that "delayed stress reaction" as I am suffering from it myself. Had a nasty thunder storm with 60 mph winds over a week ago which downed large limbs and scattered a lot of debris all over my yard. Spend a lot of time bending over picking stuff up. Now My neck, back, and between my shoulder blades are aching. And at my age (old), it will take a week to get over---if I don't have to go out and pick up more stuff with the rains coming this week. Just no rest for the weary!

You should bounce back pretty quickly---I certainly hope so---and just going out can at least be a morale booster.
 
I do well remember a slip I had on ice at about 10 weeks. Spooked me good, didn't fall, and thought for sure I'd pulled a groin muscle. Stress gets us all. My main lingering issue from stress is it gets into the muscles that pulled loose from my skull, and remind me they haven't forgotten me.
 
Survived another week. Work is OK. I'm still too fatigued to do much of anything else during the work week.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom