The Highs and Lows of the Pre Op Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't it though?? Well, I assume that I am first in line! But maybe, just maybe it just means that I have a few hours to wait, but it's all good. Early start is very hopeful. I bet I am awake all of that night/early morning!
 
I have been counting off the days and weeks since the beginning of July... wow..
 
Oh you are definitely first if you have to be there at 5:30 am! I don't know how Rothman is, but Virtua, hips go first, then knees. I had to be there at 8:30..surgery was around 10. It will go quickly.
 
I just saw that your surgery is set for a 5:30 a.m. arrival on Monday and I'm so happy for you that you received an early time slot. This would've prevent me a lot of problems before surgery and I think earlier is definitely better. See, you're already off to a great start! I wish you all the BEST and am looking forward to following your recovery and helping each other through the upcoming stages of our recoveries. I hope that I can be as much comfort to you as you have been to me over the last month. Enjoy your weekend, your plans sound perfect. Take care.
 
@PegGene
Thank you sweetie! What a sweet note and yes, I think I am off to a good start!
I mentioned it somewhere on here recently that my biggest issue right now is my neck and shoulder?
Lucky me to have a couple herniated discs in my neck and a couple old compression fractures in my lower back. (car accident at age 17) Working with poor body mechanics must have flared the neck up and I am having such pain. It honestly is making the hip pain look like a picnic!! At least I will have plenty of time to rest!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@AndyH99 haha, yes, true, minutes and hours now!! Doing the gimpy hip and sore neck happy dance.....
 
@PegGene Its just another indicator that I can't go on dragging this mangy hip around.. :gaah:
 
Oh you were lucky to know your surgery time a few days before. Also lucky for being early and hopefully the first one. I am dreading the three hour pre op part. We are all thinking of you And wish you the best. You will do great and your positive cheerful attitude will help you along.
 
Hi @Doodles51
I thought of you immediately! I didn't think I would be notified until Sunday afternoon and was so surprised when they called. So happy with the early time. If it's a long wait, why not ask for something to calm you? I know of several who asked for something and then enjoyed their wait time.. well, enjoyed might be a bit of a stretch.
Can't wait to be recovery buddies! Have a great weekend.. I intend to. :dogwalk:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Praying that you have a restful weekend.we will all be here when you are ready, with your beautiful new hip. May you find peace within and have a terrific, uneventful surgery! See you on the other side! Hugs to you!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom