The Highs and Lows of the Pre Op Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks @Widge422! My biggest concern is what to have for my "last supper" :rotfl:

The support on this forum is so amazingly awesome! Thank you to all of you who have helped me laugh and learn on here. It's been a fun ride and I see it continuing for all of us.
So, now what? I need to think of my thread's title for the other side... think,think,think...
 
Wow at last you are reaching your hip op. You certainly have prepared and have a lovely attitude to it all. I hope the coming week goes quickly for you. See you on the other side.
[Bonesmart.org] The Highs and Lows of the Pre Op Wait
 
Hugs, well wishes, smiles and prayers sent to you my friend! Will be anxiously awaiting your first post. Sleep well tonight, if at all possible. :-)
 
Well! Aren't any of you going to sit up with me tonight?? I have ran around at high steam all day.. we decided to stay home and just ordered in pizza of all things. A good friend stopped by with food and I just can't believe how quickly this weekend flew by!!
Good heavens, in true female fashion the biggest worry right now is what the heck to wear to the hospital.. haha I bet none of the men worry about such things.
 
Still awake - at least for 10 mins till sleep retakes my heavy brow.

I suggest joggers, t-shirt and slip ons. Easy way to slip off and dump in a pre-op bag

Or, the full set of party gear + bottle & glasses, make them think you've been out on the town

Or, dressing gown & flip flops. Dressed for speed


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forumn
 
lol, thanks Andy!! Yes, Ill prob. wear your first suggestion. I just started worrying about swelling and all the silly stuff that crosses your mind when you are a few hours away.. I hope you sleep well!
 
The Emmy's? I must be honest and tell you I didn't even know they were on! Crazy as it may be, my interests fall into maybe three categories...Science and Nature, serial killers (joking), True Crime and educational programs. When I really think about it, I enjoy almost all non-fiction topics. I've really never had much interest in the Entertainment genre.
 
I have them on (Emmy's) but haven't paid it a bit of attention. I have been texting with my sister for most of the evening. I should just turn the t.v. off!
 
Focus on your pain and look forward to being that much closer to putting this journey behind you (wow, words of wisdom from someone who's never been where you are)! Just hoping to send some comfort.

Btw...have you thought of your recovery thread name yet?
 
Are we there yet?




Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forumn
 
Good luck lass, and nope what I was going to wear didn't cross my wee mind. Main thing was tablet for my music. This proved to be the best as i would snooze to tunes and distract myself with tunes.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@CricketHip @Jaycey @Plum Perfect @Michegon @bilateralcanada
Good evening and well wishes to Cricket hip! Said a prayer for u today.
Guys, had my final preop mtg. Today 8 days out....lost 21lbs...good enough.
Thet scared me and said any bumps or cuts in area of surgery and they would cancel or postpone surgery....i came home tonight.....of course i have a heat bump on my right thigh......and an infected hair on my left leg by my groin area......freaking out tonight........I have 7 days to heal up any remedies or ideas????? Am I stressed?:):) can u say elevated bp?:):yikes::sos::sos:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom