TKR Thank You - hubby has had both knees done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh @tiredwife you made me bust out laughing you said whipper and I think you meant wiper blades :rofsign:Tell hubby he better watch out:rotfl::snork:
 
@madinana I will probably only be on at nights the next 2 days. I will have my grandson from 6 am to 4pm those days and he will have my computer for his games. Yes I meant wiper blades! Changed it just for you!
 
@tiredwife I am off to bed early have a busy day of hospital preadmission and os and got call kids will be in tomorrow and I am not ready :scare:
 
Week 5 today, extension 3 and flex 115 (and that is after overdoing it yesterday).
@ironman60 Yes my bronchitis is better, and even the neighbors are commenting on how much better hubby walks now than before surgery. He loves his shirt, matches his quirky personality.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
5 weeks today

[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
 
@Pumpkln Happy 4th! Don't think we will be doing much. It's hot and muggy here. Our daughter and son in law will be taking us out to dinner either Saturday or Sunday.
 
Looks like he is healing well. Looks like mine.........wider at the top & narrow at the bottom.
His looks longer than mine. Mine is six incher long. I talking scar now. :rotfl:
Some day I will grow up.
 
@ironman60 Growing up is very over rated. I think his scar is about 10 inches. His scar looks shiney because I rub vitamin e on it.
 
Guess we are going to friends for a cookout and fireworks, they have land out of town. Hope it cools off some before then. For all of those in the USA have a great 4th, for those in other countries have a great day!
 
:cheers:Survived the cookout/fireworks from 7 pm til about 11:30 pm. His leg was down most of the time, but it didn't swell as bad as I thought it would. I made him take a percocet when we got home just to keep any pain from getting worse. It was a good evening with friends. Now we are off to have lunch with our daughter, son in law, and grandson.
 
Well, hubby paid for overdoing it friday. Had a rough day and night. Last night he ached from his knee to his hip, now it's the upper part of his thigh. So today it will be elevate and ice.
 
@tiredwife i wanted to take a moment and thank you for all your kindness, tips and friendship. You are truly a beautiful person so kind. Words can not express how I am thankful for all you do. God Bless
 
:cheers:Survived the cookout/fireworks from 7 pm til about 11:30 pm. His leg was down most of the time, but it didn't swell as bad as I thought it would.

These little forays into the normalcy are what is is all about---and the big reason why we had a TKR or a BTKR---to recapture the normalcy that has been lost.

Well, hubby paid for overdoing it friday. Had a rough day and night. Last night he ached from his knee to his hip, now it's the upper part of his thigh. So today it will be elevate and ice.
We have all been there---it felt good at the time, but since we danced, we have to pay the piper, so to speak.

A little bump in the road, and he will be feeling better in no time.
 
@madinana We are friends and friends help each other. This forum helped us get prepared for my hubby's surgery and I want to pay it forward, just as you will do by sharing your experiences.

@referee54 so true, he is a master of overdoing it and very stuborn. One of our friends at the fireworks wanted to switch chairs with him because his chair had an attached footstool so hubby could have put his leg up, but hubby refused. I offered to get a cooler to prop his leg on, but nope.
Overall he gets a little tired of the knee being stiff, but we know that is normal and it will get better.
 
Well hubby has pt today, has to go by hisself because I have to watch the grandson. He has been driving for over a week now so it isn't a problem (not his driving leg anyway). He has a doctor's appointment tomorrow so maybe we can get a date set for the RTKR. He is doing better today, now that he rested yesterday. He is making homemade potatoe soup for tonight. He is a very good cook.
 
@tiredwife I am coming for dinner :snork: love potatoe soup am drooling at the thought of it I am so glad he is doing so well, 2 more days for me :sorry:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom