TKR Thank You - hubby has had both knees done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty funny guys. You two make a great pair.
Pretty funny with the weed whacker. When I got home from the hospital I got in deep doo because
I was busting up ice in the driveway with my walker. Must have been the meds. :shrug:
 
@ironman60 That is his ooops, got caught, am I in trouble look! :scare:He picked a time when I was watching our grandson, so he knew I couldn't get after him. He is sneaky that way! He can't blame it on the meds because he is only on tylenol and declofinac (spelled wrong?).:no-fin:
 
Finally talked surgeon into doing hubby's right knee the 6th of August! He doesn't like doing them that close together, but because hubby is doing so well, he agreed. :yikes:
 
@madinana the sooner the better, less time you have to go without food and pain meds. The sooner you get your new knee, the sooner you can start healing. Hubby's surgery was the first of the day (had to be there by 5:30 am) His second will be that early too. Early is good. You will do great! We had left over potatoe soup for dinner (supper). I think I'm rambling! I expect you to get on here tomorrow after surgery, even if all you type is jibberish!:banghead:
 
@msmechanic58 LOL, my hubby would drift off too. Did you at least make sense when you typed?

Oh, and if you don't mind me asking - how did you come up with msmechanic58?
 
@madinana Something to make you smile - a frog moved into one of our birdhouses!
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
 
@tiredwife it did make me smile, I must admit pretty nervous it really kicked in this evening I am all set and wondering how much sleep I will get. I am glad his surgery got scheduled!!, I hope he was a good boy today. I hope to be able to post sometime tomorrow gonna make my recovery thread now so will be able to find it,:hairpulling: In drug induce :groan:Feeling :rolleyes:
 
@madinana Have no clue how the frog got in the birdhouse, it is about 8 feet up a tree. It likes it though and will put it's head out and chirp at us. I think it has a serious identity issue, thinks it is a bird!:rotfl: I will check out your new thread. You will be fine! Is it the same doctor as Mark? I hope you get some sleep tonight, but if you don't you'll get a nap tomorrow.:alarm:
 
@tiredwife I got call from hospital have to be there 9 am am all packed and ready to go will be on in a bit going out for my last supper :shocked: Before going on other side :bolt::sos: :yikes::scary:
Congrats!!!

You will be there early and then moving on the the "Other Side" that much earlier---no waiting! You have to like that!
 
@madinana I don't think his blocks have worn off yet, I hope he is still without much pain when they do. That's when they start with the narcotics.

@referee54 His surgeon wanted to wait 6 months, and then we got him to agree to 3 months and then when we saw him today and he saw how well hubby was doing we got him to agree to 10 weeks from the first knee.
 
@msmechanic58 LOL, my hubby would drift off too. Did you at least make sense when you typed?

Oh, and if you don't mind me asking - how did you come up with msmechanic58?

I didn't always make sense....lol. Lots of re typing. Ha!

I met hubby online and his name was mechanic58. He has always worked in maintenance I some kind and was born in 58. When we started talking more, I changed my name to msmechanic58 to chase off the other women who liked to flirt with him. I was just teasing him with the new name but it stuck and we stuck too. We didn't meet in a chat of dating sight. We played spades at yahoo games and were partners most nights for about 3 years before we ever met in real life. We've been married 14.5 years so maybe it will work out ok. Lol
 
@msmechanic 58 What a great story! Me and my husband met in the Air Force, he was my sponser at my first real base after basic and tech school. When a new person gets orders they assign a person in the shop they are going to welcome them. We have been married 37 years.


@Quasi Thank you, he says today his knee feels really good! He actually got 5 hours sleep last night. Hope you are doing good.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom