TKR Thank You - hubby has had both knees done

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't kneel. I still can't put the weight on it. I do a downward push-up and twist onto my backside. It's working wonders for my boobs and upper arms!!! Xxx
 
@tiredwife
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
and @Yorkimom and @Nana moon 27 off to doctor up new knee no 2, got to get the swelling down
 
@madinana, good luck Laurie. I hope it works for you. After trying it a couple of times it might be easier. Just remember you are only five weeks out so you have quite a bit of ways to go. I'm now 10 weeks out and still struggle with flexion. I have really been working on not hiking up my hip when I go up stairs and when I walk. Christine has me practicing on standing next to the counter and put a glass or something similar in front of my foot and try to lift my leg to step over it and then back again. When doing it today I felt as though I was doing it right, but when I asked my son Marc, he said I was still hiking up my hip..darn!!!
 
@tiredwife, it sounds as though Steve might be doing the same thing. I'm sure it's not a pretty sight.....seeing my big butt sticking up in the air:happydance: Today when I did it I did try to get on my knees first. I was able to put some weight on my surgery knee. Then I kept trying to bend it a little more. Anything to exercise my flexion. After doing this I think it's going to be like my right knee. I can kneel on that with no problem. My neighbor who had her knee done a couple of months after my first one still can't kneel at all on her knee.
 
@Yorkimom Steve's doctor said no kneeling or crawling, so that's what he is doing. Besides it gets him out of some of the nastier jobs at work. He doesn't need to be crawling in those tight places on the plane.
 
@tiredwife, if I were Steve I wouldn't kneel or crawl either. I'm talking about later down the road. Some doctors don't want you ever kneeling. My doctor said it was Kay as long as it felt okay. It was about a year before I felt comfortable kneeling. And that's as long as I don't have all my weight on the knees. Like if I'm exercising and on my hands and knees, I'm okay. But when at church and kneeling, all my weight is on the knee and I can't do that.
 
@Yorkimom his doc said forever, he doesn't need to be doing it anyway. I have seen some on here don't have a problem with it, others do. I don't like to kneel for long because it bothers my knees and I didn't have TKR.
 
@tiredwife, I love your new avatar! I find it so interesting how doctors are so different in hat you can and can't so. Some say no kneeling, some don't. I have seen posts where people are walking on the treadmill and my OS doesn't like treadmills at all. He says it too easy to lose your footing and it keeps on going so you can injure yourself.
 
@Yorkimom That is so true. My PT wasn't fond of the treadmill, but for a different reason. She said some treadmills create more impact on your joints than just regular walking. Who knows! I know some people can't shower for a while and I got to shower first day home. There's just a lot of opinions out there. And you know what that's like. Lol. Everybody's got one.
 
Goodnight John Boy! Goodnight Mary Ellen :) That was such a good show. Why can't we have anything like that on TV these days?

On the differences in OS.......mine said never kneel, never run and never jump unless you are having to save your own life.
 
@Yorkimom I was 19 in that photo and hubby was 20. What I wouldn't give to feel that young again! Hubby's OS is very cautious, he would rather be cautious and not let hubby do anything that just might hurt the new knees.
He is a very caring man.
We use to have a treadmill but gave it to my sister and mom. It has a little clip on it to attach to your clothes and if you fall the treadmill turns off. We just never used it much, and my sister uses it all the time when the weather is such that she and my mom can't get out and walk.

@ConnieJOS We had to wrap hubby's leg in saran wrap so he could shower. Knee 2 we talked the OS into letting him shower at the hospital.

@gr82cu2 That was a good show! I think that shows like that are a thing of the past because it doesn't depict how the majority of families really are today. Wonder if it is on Netflix? Your OS and hubby's OS say about the same thing.

@new knee in June :rotfl:

@Legin are you causing pain again? Is it just in the neck?
 
@tiredwife
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
I am not feeling well today I had to drive to the doctors to pick up script that they can not call in and knee no 2 does not like driving and it was throwing a fit but had to go to pharmacy too as we are getting an ice storm this afternoon, and right now its snowing. I also having some stomach pain so came home and have been resting. I have so much to do but am listening to my knee for a change so just know thinking of you today
 
@new knee in June awwww, thank you! Love lighthouses because they are by oceans!

@Minnie's knees We were babies back then. So many years ago! It will take time but you will get back to driving comfortably. Hubby will find out how well his knees really are Sunday. He will be driving to Olathe KS and back. About an hour and half each way.
 
@gr82cu2, my OS hasn't really said too much about kneeling that I can remember. But he did emphasize no running or jumping. He said if you have no choice and have to run as if in trouble, etc. it would be okay. But don't run for exercise or make a habit or running. The same for jumping. When at the gym our trainer will often make us do jumping jacks as a warm up....I just so modified ones stepping out each foot one at a time. Not being able to jump comes in handy sometimes! LOL.
@madinana, sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well. Rest and hopefully you will feel better tomorrow.
Today I went and got a pedicure. It was pure heaven. It's so nice to be able to get out!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom